• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/28 GDT : Red Wings 2 at San Jose Sharks 1 (SO)

Rate this topic

I think this win has to be credited to

1) Red Wings' defense

2) Gustavsson

3) Team effort

I know they overlap, but still.

And then, as the 4th, Brunner, who's always good for a penalty shot.

wouldn't it suck if Chicago lost it's legendary streak to columbus tomorrow?

I mean think about how great of a story it would be if the wings who are injury ridden, lost 2 top 3 dmen, and have been down and out all season take down the proverbial goliath, which also happens to be our biggest rival in the west. Then think of how the crowd would react, after we hand the hawks their first regulation loss in 22 games.

not to mention we haven't beat them in regulation at the joe since 09'

I'm starting to think the Wings might have turned the corner. Last night should have been atleast 1pt. I think we are gonna string together a point streak. I'm so glad to finally see the Monster in net, nothing against Howard but I was really starting to hate him in net, lol.

you try starting 18 of 20 games in 40 days...

Cleary is getting it together and can crash and bang on pavs line with a little bit of finishing touch but Abdelkader can't contribute. I think putting Franzen, Brunner or Tatar would work wonders. No offense to Abdelkader but he contributes nothing offensively and I think playing on the top line has bloated his head and makes him think he is above his abilities. He was the direct cause of the sharks only goal. Wings D played tight tonight

Are games between these two teams ever anything but extremely close? I swear this is one of the best match ups in the NHL (no Crosby though so we can't expect much national coverage).

On another note, I realized today that there is literally nothing that I like about the sharks. Here are just a few things that "grind my gears":

-the players (especially Thornton clowe and marleau

-the stupid shark hands thing that the fans do

-the "beat Detroit" chant... Does that not scream of desperation

-THERE'S A GOD DAMN FIN ON THE GOD DAMN ZAMBONI!!!!

-biassed announcers

-s***ty camera angle that is way too high. Makes it kind of uncomfortable to watch

-their black alternate jerseys make it hard to tell anyone apart

-that was the quietest sellout crowd I've ever heard. They must not be a very hockey-educated fanbase

Anyway, those are just some random thoughts and opinions that I thought were worth sharing :) LGW

Cleary is getting it together and can crash and bang on pavs line with a little bit of finishing touch but Abdelkader can't contribute. I think putting Franzen, Brunner or Tatar would work wonders. No offense to Abdelkader but he contributes nothing offensively and I think playing on the top line has bloated his head and makes him think he is above his abilities. He was the direct cause of the sharks only goal. Wings D played tight tonight

Cleary is getting it together? Did we watch different games? Yah he goes into corners, but he turns pucks over faster then he gets them. Put Tatar, and eaves, or Toots on that line with Datsyuk and I'll be much happier

Are games between these two teams ever anything but extremely close? I swear this is one of the best match ups in the NHL (no Crosby though so we can't expect much national coverage).

On another note, I realized today that there is literally nothing that I like about the sharks. Here are just a few things that "grind my gears":

-biassed announcers

-s***ty camera angle that is way too high. Makes it kind of uncomfortable to watch

-that was the quietest sellout crowd I've ever heard. They must not be a very hockey-educated fanbase

Anyway, those are just some random thoughts and opinions that I thought were worth sharing :) LGW

The quiet atmosphere worked in our favour, you don't want to hear beat detroit too loud do you? and also I agree with everything in this post, but you missed Pavelski in the first point

The quiet atmosphere worked in our favour, you don't want to hear beat detroit too loud do you? and also I agree with everything in this post, but you missed Pavelski in the first point

I like pavelski a lot better than those other guys. He plays hard.

Cleary is getting it together? Did we watch different games? Yah he goes into corners, but he turns pucks over faster then he gets them. Put Tatar, and eaves, or Toots on that line with Datsyuk and I'll be much happier

One thing Cleary does that doesn't get noticed is force a lot of turn overs and retrieve pucks very well. I think he is a really smart and good hitter. He is also a great goalie screener. Pavs works best when his line is owning the puck in the offensive zone. I don't see how you can all complain about what Cleary is doing on that line and be fine with Abdelkader. He is much much worse.

When ken Daniels mentioned that clowe was playing injured I was wondering if it was a nagging ego injury after being put in his place by kronner a couple years ago. Especially since he was talking s*** about kronner just days before being laid out

One thing Cleary does that doesn't get noticed is force a lot of turn overs and retrieve pucks very well. I think he is a really smart and good hitter. He is also a great goalie screener. Pavs works best when his line is owning the puck in the offensive zone. I don't see how you can all complain about what Cleary is doing on that line and be fine with Abdelkader. He is much much worse.

you never said abby was playing better, abby is garbage on a top line. Cleary is slow and can't score, he has a few goals, but Datsyuk has given him golden chances to score at least 8 more times and he misses empty nets, turns pucks over after retrieving them, makes awful, and lazy passes, I can go on but I think you get it, we're missing Filppula in a bad way right now

-biassed announcers

You forgot one. Making the word Shark into two syllables. "Let's go Sha-arks!"

is it me or is the sharks arena dark whenever i watch their home games its different than any other place.

whatsup with this team man, is it the defense or the goaltending? i know howard and monster played real good the last game. but does the defense deserve any credit? I think so. E been real physcial, smith is having some turnovers, kindl been pretty solid, quincey hasnt been a f*** up kronwall not as bad i guess and getting a goal and lashoff has been outstanding as usual.

thank you brunner for the extra point. do that in regulation next game

I wanted to see tatar in the shootout but i guess the C gets it over him anyday

weird seeing the wings win 2-1 wonder if the low scores against will last. i like it though.

The Monster played a damn good game.

For most of the game I was thinking he played in a way that said "I'm a back up" not many huge chances against him, and certainly taking care of business. By the end I definitely feel like he could be considered 1b.

The game as a whole was fairly boring though. FSD said there were lots of chances, but I don't think there were many dangerous chances until the third period.

The game as a whole was fairly boring though. FSD said there were lots of chances, but I don't think there were many dangerous chances until the third period.

Considering the fact that the red wings have the ability to score, it's nice to see them win a defensive battle. I'll take a boring 2 points over an exciting loss any day

I'm starting to think the Wings might have turned the corner. Last night should have been atleast 1pt. I think we are gonna string together a point streak.

Ha! That's exactly what they want you to think! :lol:

Considering the fact that the red wings have the ability to score, it's nice to see them win a defensive battle. I'll take a boring 2 points over an exciting loss any day

Certainly won't disagree with you there!