Photo
- - - - -

2/28 GDT : Red Wings 2 at San Jose Sharks 1 (SO)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

#341 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Sitting in 4th! I like it!

#342 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

The Monster played a damn good game.

For most of the game I was thinking he played in a way that said "I'm a back up" not many huge chances against him, and certainly taking care of business. By the end I definitely feel like he could be considered 1b. 

The game as a whole was fairly boring though. FSD said there were lots of chances, but I don't think there were many dangerous chances until the third period. 

#343 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

The game as a whole was fairly boring though. FSD said there were lots of chances, but I don't think there were many dangerous chances until the third period. 

Considering the fact that the red wings have the ability to score, it's nice to see them win a defensive battle. I'll take a boring 2 points over an exciting loss any day

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#344 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

2 points is 2 points

IPB Image

#345 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

You know the playoff race is tight when you win a game and move from 10th to 4th.

• Nev likes this

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $12

#346 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

You know the playoff race is tight when you win a game and move from 10th to 4th.

We need to beat the blackhawks.

#347 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

Unless Chicago falls apart, it looks like 4th is the highest they can go. So let's stay there!

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#348 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

I'm starting to think the Wings might have turned the corner. Last night should have been atleast 1pt. I think we are gonna string together a point streak.

Ha!  That's exactly what they want you to think! :lol:

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#349 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Considering the fact that the red wings have the ability to score, it's nice to see them win a defensive battle. I'll take a boring 2 points over an exciting loss any day

Certainly won't disagree with you there! 

#350 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

would like to see Datsyuk with Tatar and Tootoo but not all dreams come true

first prediction of the season Wings win their first shootout

3-2

you were right about them winning in a shoot out though :)

1619431_10152076754861235_68631640462286

#351 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Thought this was interesting...

@BigRed6810: Hey @DetroitRedWings, SJ announcer, @SharkVoice, was making fun of Eaves for not scoring since 2011. Can you explain what a concussion is?

@sharkvoice: @BigRed6810 @detroitredwings Concussions no joke. I blew it forgetting last years blocked shot injury. #didntdohomeworkwellenough

@BigRed6810: @sharkvoice @detroitredwings Credit to you for acknowledging the mistake and saying you will apologize to Eaves. Appreciated as a fan.

@DetroitRedWings: We know @sharkvoice & know he wouldn't be intentionally cruel. Appreciate the public acknowledgement of your error. Thanks ,Randy

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#352 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

Interesting. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#353 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Good win. Anytime you can go on a road trip and play .500 or better, is a good trip. I was looking at the standings earlier today, and 1 teams in the WC were spread over 5 points...... the 14th place team had 18 and we had 23. That is tight......... Half way point is coming fast, we have to pile up some points!