• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jesusberg

Ryan O'Reilly signs offer sheet with Calgary, Avs match

Rate this topic

That's way hefty..2nd year salary of 6.5 million wtf..he has a career high of 18 goals..potential..blah blah blah..what a joke. Clearly these lockouts are solving nothing.

Retarded overpayment. Avs will probably match anyway, though I'd rather have a 1st and a 3rd. Flames still won't be good.

I really don't see the Avs matching. That high of a qualifying offer and Duchene + Landeskog are up for new deals that year, as well.

Don't think Avs will match. High price for someone who doesn't want to play for you.

Bad deal for everyone involved. Avs lose a promising kid, Flames risk massive overpayment if he doesn't reach potential quickly, O'Reilly goes to a dead-end team.

That second year is completely designed to ether screw Colorado (should they match), or cause the Avs to decline to match. That second year of $6.5 means that their qualifying offer at the end of this contract has to be at least the same $6.5.

Shrewd move by Calgary. We'll see what happens in 7 days.

Obviously, the flames ownership was not on board with the opposition to overpaying players during the lockout. Absolutely disgusting. Flames deserve 2 more years of irrelevancy.

No way Colorado match this very/very stupid offer.

Can we send them Francine and 4th pick for Iggy?

Don't laugh. That is probably what calgary will do, trade off Iggy now.

That second year is completely designed to ether screw Colorado (should they match), or cause the Avs to decline to match. That second year of $6.5 means that their qualifying offer at the end of this contract has to be at least the same $6.5.

Shrewd move by Calgary. We'll see what happens in 7 days.

Good point.

these GM's are already using the new CBA to put the screws to each other. :lol:

And to what people said earlier, it is overpayment but all offer sheets are going to be that way. They have to make it as painful as possible for the player's team to match the offer.

I really don't see the Avs matching. That high of a qualifying offer and Duchene + Landeskog are up for new deals that year, as well.

Yeah, I didn't think of the QO aspect. They have to let him go. Then again, if one GM is dumb enough to make the offer, I wouldn't be surprised if another is dumb enough to match.

..., it is overpayment but all offer sheets are going to be that way. They have to make it as painful as possible for the player's team to match the offer.

True, but the goal isn't to steal another team's RFA. If you're trying to build a competetive hockey team, you have to realize the terms will be just as painful for you.

I doubt many GMs would trade a 1st and a 3rd for O'Reilly even if they could pay him a fair salary. Maybe if they expect to make the conference finals or better. Calgary's 1st alone will probably be a better player. It will be hilarious if it ends up being 1st overall.

That's way hefty..2nd year salary of 6.5 million wtf..he has a career high of 18 goals..potential..blah blah blah..what a joke. Clearly these lockouts are solving nothing.

Which is what I feared and why i started the 2014 Salary cap and overpayment projections thread. Calgary is so desperate for a good young player to help turn their team around that now you see the deal they offered. Colorado should wait 7 days and take the 1st round picks from Calgary.

Yeah, I didn't think of the QO aspect. They have to let him go. Then again, if one GM is dumb enough to make the offer, I wouldn't be surprised if another is dumb enough to match.

True, but the goal isn't to steal another team's RFA. If you're trying to build a competetive hockey team, you have to realize the terms will be just as painful for you.

I doubt many GMs would trade a 1st and a 3rd for O'Reilly even if they could pay him a fair salary. Maybe if they expect to make the conference finals or better. Calgary's 1st alone will probably be a better player. It will be hilarious if it ends up being 1st overall.

the Flames may have just enough cap space to give O'Reilly this contract for 2 years and told him since they have the room, to lure them in they'll pay now and keep him slightly lower later.

Maybe Calgary are finally going into rebuild mode?

Seems like a strange thing to say considering that they'll be giving up a 1st and 3rd for O'Reilly.

But if they deal Iggy and J-Bow for 1st/2nd/3rd rounders than this might actually work out for them in the long run. Other than the money part of this deal. That was stupid.

theres no way o'reilly actually intended/wanted to play in calgary. he used the flames to get the deal he wanted in colorado. 1st+3rd for a 2 year signed O'reilly isn't all that great of compensation. Look what a first can become (Kindl) and its way better to have the potential of O'reilly than even more unproven picks. I think the compensation would have to have been one bracket higher for the Avalanche to consider taking the compensation.

Mark your calendars now. The Avs can't trade him until one year from today. They better hope the trade deadline next year isn't before March 1st...

Mark your calendars now. The Avs can't trade him until one year from today. They better hope the trade deadline next year isn't before March 1st...

Not sure, but won't the deadline be pushed back because of Sochi? I'm not sure on this one, but I think I read it somewhere.

Not sure, but won't the deadline be pushed back because of Sochi? I'm not sure on this one, but I think I read it somewhere.

It very well might, though I thought the NHL still hasn't committed to Sochi?

It very well might, though I thought the NHL still hasn't committed to Sochi?

They will, its virtually guaranteed. Bettman just wants to see if he can squeeze some money out of a deal or not.

They will, its virtually guaranteed. Bettman just wants to see if he can squeeze some money out of a deal or not.

I agree that it's inevitable. Just was making sure that they hasn't officially agreed to play in Sochi.