• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

The guy who took Malts' number is not too happy....

http://www.freep.com...ve-had-all-year-

Edited by unsaddleddonald, 01 March 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#2 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Colo, White, Sammy, Bertuzzi. Ughhhhh. 9 million down the drain.

#3 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

They guy who took Malts' number is not too happy....

http://www.freep.com...ve-had-all-year-

I don't get it... He's right, that's the best they've looked all  year. They managed to keep SJS at bay on the second night of a back to back. I thought they played well too

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#4 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Ian White wasn't on the ice giving the puck away.  Lashoff I thought had his strongest game of the year and as I mentioned in the GDT, he's getting really good at reading where the attack from the other team is coming from and stuffing them before they cross the blueline.  Kindl was good last night and even Quincey had a good game.  If they play like that consistently, then we'll compete as long as our forwards get healthy and stay that way.  Not having Flip, Helm and Tuzzi sucks. 

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#5 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

The defense was mainly good because of Abdelkader and Cleary. The way they create space for the d-men is truly a joy to watch. Hope Babcock starts double-shifting them, with the legs and hearts they have 30-35 minutes per game shouldn't be a problem.

#6 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

The defense was mainly good because of Abdelkader and Cleary. The way they create space for the d-men is truly a joy to watch. Hope Babcock starts double-shifting them, with the legs and hearts they have 30-35 minutes per game shouldn't be a problem.

Rumour has it Murph uses them personally to create space for him to get hot dogs between periods too

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo

#7 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Makes you wonder where Carlo Coca-Cola will fit in when he comes back?  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#8 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Don't you worry. He'll soon break his wrist wiping his ass. :lol:

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#9 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Ian White wasn't on the ice giving the puck away.  Lashoff I thought had his strongest game of the year and as I mentioned in the GDT, he's getting really good at reading where the attack from the other team is coming from and stuffing them before they cross the blueline.  Kindl was good last night and even Quincey had a good game.  If they play like that consistently, then we'll compete as long as our forwards get healthy and stay that way.  Not having Flip, Helm and Tuzzi sucks. 

Completely agree on Lashoff.

He seems to have really good instincts as well as an ability to effectively gain body position on the opposition. Against LA, there was a play where Kopitar was skating into the zone and Lashoff bodied him up and took the puck.

#10 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

I don't get it... He's right, that's the best they've looked all  year. They managed to keep SJS at bay on the second night of a back to back. I thought they played well too

Unsaddle... is referencing Ian White's #18, Maltby's old number.

DIdn't get to watch this game, but I think we've figured our expendable/tradeable D-men at this point.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#11 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

I don't think he has a spot anywhere if the D continues to play this well.

We signed him because of uncertainty in our D corps right? We didn't know exactly what Smith or Kindl were going to be and Lashoff came out of nowhere.

He was a depth pickup and I think he should be treated as such.

#12 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Colo, White, Sammy, Bertuzzi. Ughhhhh. 9 million down the drain.

Sammy and Colo have definitely been dead money so far I will agree with that..Bert will be back hopefully and will be a good 2/3 liner for this team like he has already proven he can be.  Not sure what is up with White..hopefully Babs is just lighting a fire under his ass to let him know he can't hide behind # 5 this year.

Don't you worry. He'll soon break his wrist wiping his ass. :lol:

He is Sami Salo 2.0

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#13 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

I like this group on defense. I would maybe prefer Huskins over Kindl, but even Kindl has been better lately. Writing seems to be on the wall for Ian White.

#14 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Unsaddle... is referencing Ian White's #18, Maltby's old number.

DIdn't get to watch this game, but I think we've figured our expendable/tradeable D-men at this point.

I got that... but what I was referring to was moreso the shocked face in the thread title, D:

#15 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

I got that... but what I was referring to was moreso the shocked face in the thread title, D:

Lol, it is supposed to be D (defense) and a colon.

No shock here!

#16 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

Lol, it is supposed to be D (defense) and a colon.

No shock here!

lmao, ok then big misunderstanding on my part haha

#17 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

He can kick and scream and pout all he wants. Fact is the team D has been better without him. Lashoff looks like a player. I thought Quincey has looked as good as I've seen him in a long time. Smith has ability everywhere. Kindl has been looking much bigger this year. Took on Thornton in a battle and won it, not easy with the size. E and Kronwall have been the best. E is a dang good shutdown guy who's finally clearing the garbage from the crease, and all Kronwall is doing is leading the league in points from a Dman.

All in all they look solid. I'll be interested to see what happens in the future with the extras White, Colo, and Huskins
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

All in all they look solid. I'll be interested to see what happens in the future with the extras White, Colo, and Huskins

I know he's currently on IR and can't be traded, but If Ken can get anyone to take Cola off our hands we should take it. 

White for draft pick.

Huskins, I would hold onto for now.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#19 MacAttack25

MacAttack25

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but this dawned on me last night:

Kronwall

Ericsson

Smith

Quincey

Kindl

Lashoff

All Red Wings draft picks except for Lashoff, who we signed as an 18 year old. An all home grown backend! 

#20 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but this dawned on me last night:

Kronwall

Ericsson

Smith

Quincey

Kindl

Lashoff

All Red Wings draft picks except for Lashoff, who we signed as an 18 year old. An all home grown backend! 

Quincey not so much "home grown" but I agree for never having a pick higher then 20th aside from Kindl, our defence is pretty solid. But hey whata do I know? Time to fire Ken