• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Babs on last night's D: "...best we've had all year."

Rate this topic

I don't get it... He's right, that's the best they've looked all year. They managed to keep SJS at bay on the second night of a back to back. I thought they played well too

Ian White wasn't on the ice giving the puck away. Lashoff I thought had his strongest game of the year and as I mentioned in the GDT, he's getting really good at reading where the attack from the other team is coming from and stuffing them before they cross the blueline. Kindl was good last night and even Quincey had a good game. If they play like that consistently, then we'll compete as long as our forwards get healthy and stay that way. Not having Flip, Helm and Tuzzi sucks.

The defense was mainly good because of Abdelkader and Cleary. The way they create space for the d-men is truly a joy to watch. Hope Babcock starts double-shifting them, with the legs and hearts they have 30-35 minutes per game shouldn't be a problem.

The defense was mainly good because of Abdelkader and Cleary. The way they create space for the d-men is truly a joy to watch. Hope Babcock starts double-shifting them, with the legs and hearts they have 30-35 minutes per game shouldn't be a problem.

Rumour has it Murph uses them personally to create space for him to get hot dogs between periods too

Ian White wasn't on the ice giving the puck away. Lashoff I thought had his strongest game of the year and as I mentioned in the GDT, he's getting really good at reading where the attack from the other team is coming from and stuffing them before they cross the blueline. Kindl was good last night and even Quincey had a good game. If they play like that consistently, then we'll compete as long as our forwards get healthy and stay that way. Not having Flip, Helm and Tuzzi sucks.

Completely agree on Lashoff.

He seems to have really good instincts as well as an ability to effectively gain body position on the opposition. Against LA, there was a play where Kopitar was skating into the zone and Lashoff bodied him up and took the puck.

I don't get it... He's right, that's the best they've looked all year. They managed to keep SJS at bay on the second night of a back to back. I thought they played well too

Unsaddle... is referencing Ian White's #18, Maltby's old number.

DIdn't get to watch this game, but I think we've figured our expendable/tradeable D-men at this point.

Makes you wonder where Carlo Coca-Cola will fit in when he comes back?

I don't think he has a spot anywhere if the D continues to play this well.

We signed him because of uncertainty in our D corps right? We didn't know exactly what Smith or Kindl were going to be and Lashoff came out of nowhere.

He was a depth pickup and I think he should be treated as such.

Colo, White, Sammy, Bertuzzi. Ughhhhh. 9 million down the drain.

Sammy and Colo have definitely been dead money so far I will agree with that..Bert will be back hopefully and will be a good 2/3 liner for this team like he has already proven he can be. Not sure what is up with White..hopefully Babs is just lighting a fire under his ass to let him know he can't hide behind # 5 this year.

Don't you worry. He'll soon break his wrist wiping his ass. :lol:

He is Sami Salo 2.0

Unsaddle... is referencing Ian White's #18, Maltby's old number.

DIdn't get to watch this game, but I think we've figured our expendable/tradeable D-men at this point.

I got that... but what I was referring to was moreso the shocked face in the thread title, D:

He can kick and scream and pout all he wants. Fact is the team D has been better without him. Lashoff looks like a player. I thought Quincey has looked as good as I've seen him in a long time. Smith has ability everywhere. Kindl has been looking much bigger this year. Took on Thornton in a battle and won it, not easy with the size. E and Kronwall have been the best. E is a dang good shutdown guy who's finally clearing the garbage from the crease, and all Kronwall is doing is leading the league in points from a Dman.

All in all they look solid. I'll be interested to see what happens in the future with the extras White, Colo, and Huskins

All in all they look solid. I'll be interested to see what happens in the future with the extras White, Colo, and Huskins

I know he's currently on IR and can't be traded, but If Ken can get anyone to take Cola off our hands we should take it.

White for draft pick.

Huskins, I would hold onto for now.

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but this dawned on me last night:

Kronwall

Ericsson

Smith

Quincey

Kindl

Lashoff

All Red Wings draft picks except for Lashoff, who we signed as an 18 year old. An all home grown backend!

Quincey not so much "home grown" but I agree for never having a pick higher then 20th aside from Kindl, our defence is pretty solid. But hey whata do I know? Time to fire Ken

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but this dawned on me last night:

Kronwall

Ericsson

Smith

Quincey

Kindl

Lashoff

All Red Wings draft picks except for Lashoff, who we signed as an 18 year old. An all home grown backend!

I like the size and athleticism this group has.

Looking forward to what some of their offensive potential may be.

Guest Crymson

Completely agree on Lashoff.

He seems to have really good instincts as well as an ability to effectively gain body position on the opposition. Against LA, there was a play where Kopitar was skating into the zone and Lashoff bodied him up and took the puck.

I've taken to forgetting that he isn't Stuart.

I am surprised by how much I like Kindl out there. He has a good shot and more times than not he will use it. It is nce to see a D-man shoot the puck when he gets it as his first option.

Agreed. Kindl has been one of our best dmen the past few games. I hope he keeps it up!