• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

A cross check from behind isn't just a cross check. Taking a crosscheck unprepared to the back is 1000x worse then taking one while battling in front of the net. You try taking a kidney shot without warning, and then compare it to a cross check where you can brace yourself.

Honestly I'm amazed more people don't understand how dirty this play was. I don't like bringing hockey experience into it, but as someone who has played a fairly high level, and watched hockey for a long time, this play is dirty, and in no way is it "not that bad". I'm not saying Benn should get 5 games, but I do think he should get a game, the 5 minutes had no affect on the Edmonton game, so I believe he should serve a full game. The NHL can't just let people blind side players from the back with cross checks. It's a dirty play that has no place in the game.

Crosby does this routinely.

#22 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Crosby does this routinely.

Yeah, and I believe he should be punished too if his cross checks had the same context and strength as Benn's. It's not that I don't like Jamie benn, I just don't like these hits there are better ways to send messages when you are down 4 goals with two minutes to go.

#23 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Glad he didn't get suspended.  I can support the fine.  The league's way of saying, "knock that s*** off."

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid