• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_prime

3/2 around the NHL GDT (formerly Habs Pens thread)

Rate this topic

I know I was probably supposed to not watch so many games with the lockout and everything, but I can't help myself.

Watched: Boston/Tampa , Jets/Caps as well. Time to watch the 3rd period of ANA/PHX... and then flip between the two late games.

You didn't see Ryan pull that machete out and chop off Smith's leg?

:lol:

He did give him a decent whack but it looked like it caught leg pad as much as leg.

Either way I love how Smith lay there dying, at least until he saw no penalty was being called. Somehow he's managed to play completely normally on one good leg.

Shootout. Just another three point game in the NHL...

Just came here to see if anyone was watching too. :D

Habs tie it up 6-6. It's crazy how some of these games in the East just get wide open.

I saw the 2nd and 3rd periods, it was wide open at times, but most of the goals I saw were due to very poor goaltending than anything else. I bet PIT was thinking they were picking up a much better backup than what they got.

I starting watching during the 1st intermission and I caught Coach's Corner. Cherry had something interesting to say and I'm torn between thinking he's out of his mind, or that he might be right. He suggested that if Crosby used to play the way he plays now, he'd never have run into the concussion issues. I sort of only half caught it, but I think the gist of it is that he's not running around stiring up s***, retaliating, etc., so teams aren't taking runs at him (except Philly). The one flaw it that thinking is that his concussion did come from a cheap shot (unless you think it was on purpose). Though the hit he took against TB the following game might have been, but I think that type of hit happens a lot.

Anyway, not sure if anyone else caught that, if so, thoughts?

WoW 7:6 had to look at it three times couldn't believe it before and still find it hard to believe such a high scoring game. All I can is, personally stuff like this wouldn't entertain me as a fan, where was the goaltending where the defense? I'd rather see a hard fought low scoring game than crap like this.

Didn't watch it but saw the replays and it was indeed horrible.

I think Crosby's concussion was a combination of bad luck, average medical stuff and of course impatience from his part. I am sure Steckel wanted to finish his hit but hardly think he wanted to give him or any other player a concussion.