• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/3 GDT : Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 1 (SO)

Rate this topic

Who plays the net front role better on that second PP than Abby?

I like how the Chicago player jumping between the benches negates the too many men penalty.

Franzen or Andersson. Or Tootoo. Or my mother.

But that's besidea the point. It's 5-on-5 Abdelkader and Cleary are bringing down our offense. Don't you see how they lose every puck battle along the boards? How they dump the puck when Pavel wants a pass, and pass when they should dump? How they're too slow to keep up with the play, don't shoot the puck well enough to take any advantage of Pavel's passes...

Babcock has got to see this. Or his assistant coaches. If nothing happens in the 3rd... wow. Tatar or Franzen needs to be put with Pav. Tatar preferably.

Are you an adult?

Yup. Did I say I wished he would get hurt? Nope. Just that I looked forward to the time that he is out again. Chances are it will happen soon. Its no different than saying " I cant wait for the guy above me at work to get fired because he doesnt do his job."

Edited by GoalieManPat

The sad thing about out offense is, it won't get any better when healthy....Filppula yes, but Sammy and Bert wouldn't be the difference maker here...

I like how the D is shaping up and gelling together. I am not sold on Q and Kindl yet, but the more they play, the more I notice better things out of them...too bad Franzine & Cleary are still digressing....I am not so sure that D is our number one priority to fix right anymore...if we could fine a REAL player to play with Datsyuk and a better player to flank Z and Brunner, we may be in nice shape....who though?

Why not just give Tatar the try with Datsyuk? Huh? It isn't going to hurt...Cleary isn't a bad 3rd/4th liner, but he is horrid anywhere else....

Yup. Did I say I wished he would get hurt? Nope. Just that I looked forward to the time that he is out again. Chances are it will happen soon. Its no different than saying " I cant wait for the guy above me to get fired because he doesnt do his job."

You're really going to try and make that claim? By saying you're waiting for him to get hurt and commenting on the team's play without him clearly shows some thinly veiled desire for him to receive an injury that will cause him to miss playing time. It's pathetic that a supposed adult would vie for an injury to another person over a ******* game. Edited by The Greek

Neither are really. We shouldn't have a guy with 1 point in 20 games on the PP, and Franzen should have to earn his ice time.

This. 20 minutes a night on Datsyuk's wing and PP time with 1 point through 21 games. I don't care how much better you're looking, no one should have that statline under those circumstances. Period. Tootoo has more of everything and doing so with much less.

Franzen hasn't had to earn ice time in years.

Guest irishock

If I'm babcock I roll with

Tatar-Zetterberg-Brunner

Franzen-Datsyuk-Tootoo

Cleary-Abs-Miller

Andersson-Emmerton-Eaves

But that's besidea the point. It's 5-on-5 Abdelkader and Cleary are bringing down our offense. Don't you see how they lose every puck battle along the boards? How they dump the puck when Pavel wants a pass, and pass when they should dump? How they're too slow to keep up with the play, don't shoot the puck well enough to take any advantage of Pavel's passes...

Babcock has got to see this. Or his assistant coaches. If nothing happens in the 3rd... wow. Tatar or Franzen needs to be put with Pav. Tatar preferably.

They do, they just refuse to do anything about it.

Insanity = Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Neither are really. We shouldn't have a guy with 1 point in 20 games on the PP, and Franzen should have to earn his ice time. I'd like to see Franzen off there too and have Eaves-Andersson to replace Abs-Mule. That would send a clear message about earning your ice time.

On the PP it isn't about scoring for the guy working the front of the net. Hommer was rare. Most of the time, the front guy is there to take a beating and block the vision of the G. abby is doing that. I have no issues with the job he is doing. But franzen needs to be replaced. try Andersson, he can't do any worse. if he doesn't get the job done, then the next guy. I don't care if they try Ericsson-he was a C most of his life. But we need some power forwards. Heck Big Buff would be perfect.........

It's not beside the point. The point is that Abby plays well in front of the net on the PP.

What evidence is there that Andersson plays well in front of the net? What evidence is there that Tootoo can make himself big enough to effectively screen the goalie? Or do you just want a change because 5-on-5 you are unhappy?

5-on-5 I don't think you'll find anyone here who thinks Abby-Dats-Cleary is a good line. That doesn't mean that these players are useless at any other part of the game. Homer-Dats-Cleary (with today's Cleary and 2009 Homer) would have also been a terrible line, but it wouldn't have meant Homer is bad on the PP. Just because a player is being utilized incorrectely does not mean that player is a bad player in all situations.

Thing is, that in spite of not getting at least three calls (two trips, one high stick), our boyz are picking up their game as a TEAM, and finally playing like they are thinking about meaning it. GO, WINGS!!!

You're really going to try and make that claim? By saying you're waiting for him to get hurt and commenting on the team's play without him clearly shows some thinly veiled desire for him to receive an injury that will cause him to miss playing time. It's pathetic that a supposed adult would vie for an injury to another person over af****** game.

Again I say show me where I say I hope he gets hurt. Use those fancy little quote buttons of the forum to do so. Please do and then you can tell me what I meant by my post. Saying a team looks better without a player who has been prone to injury sure does translate into I HOPE HE DIES!

Over the last 15 years How many times have we pulled the Globetrotter s*** and just dazzle teams with our puck possession, stars and talent only to lose 0-1......hoping for blue collar slop goAl here in the 3rd to bust up this streak.

Thing is, that in spite of not getting at least three calls (two trips, one high stick), our boyz are picking up their game as a TEAM, and finally playing like they are thinking about meaning it. GO, WINGS!!!

I like the 'compete level', it's just frustrating to see our best offensive player be handcuffed when we desperately need scoring.