• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/3 GDT : Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 1 (SO)

Rate this topic

Guest Playmaker

The Hawks are scary good. Fast, tough, offensively, defensively, good goaltending. Jimmy kept us in the game. The Wings had the opportunity to put it away in the 3rd. and didn't take advantage of it. Can't even stand to watch Franzen out on the ice anymore. He was that bad.

Detroit didn't play defensive hockey. Just couldn't bury their chances, that's all.

Defensive hockey would be like playing the trap.

Detroit was playing with 3-4 guys back for the last 7 minutes. When Chicago tied it, they dropped that strategy.

Still waiting for a full 60 mins.... Hell a full 60 minutes from this team would have me thinking we could actually make a cup run.

if hawks are best in nhl.... We are in a really good spot, honestly we have had them beat both times this year.

No worris from this fan... Disappointed yes but no worries once we put the puzzle of a full 60 together.

Honestly, a full 60 mins could give any team a Cup run.

That's the point, though. It's hard to play full speed for 60 minutes. It would take a team full of Darren Helm's.

Detroit was playing with 3-4 guys back for the last 7 minutes. When Chicago tied it, they dropped that strategy.

Seemed like we had countless chances on Crawford even before they tied it up.

Did something happen to Tatar after he scored his goal? He only played 8 minutes, did he get hurt?

He's overriping on the bench, while legends like Dan Cleary and Abdelkader are showing him what it takes to play on the 2nd line.

Guest Playmaker

I shouldnt need to explain why the kane shootout move should be disqualified

Would it be disqualified if Datsyuk or Brunner did it?

you technically only have to be making forward progress. He still is. Barely.

It highlights why the shootout is a joke.

Totally agree!!!! these shootouts and points for losing in the 5 min OT have ruined NHL records--you cant compare the Blackhawks run with the 1980 Flyers, the Flyers had no shootouts and OT's and even in the beginning of the OT era (1983) you didnt get any points for losing in the OT.

I'm not sure what your point is in regards to my post. I wasn't questioning Kane's skill. He takes the rules to the limit and uses his skill to score.

When in a hockey game would you be able to come to an almost complete stop for that much time to make that many moves? Never. Someone would bury you.

My point was using an artificially constructed event to decide a hockey game, and Kane's near stops highlights the absurdity of it.

I guess it depends on if you like the shootout or not. I like them. I am assuming you don't like them by your statement.

I would much rather have a game ending with a winner/loser in a shootout than a tie. I thought the amount of ties in hockey before the shootout were absurd.

Outplayed in the first 20 when it looked like boys against men, but due credit to the guys for picking it up and playing much

better the last 40. What some on here fail to realise or admit is that the Hawks are a very good side and we stayed with them.

The shotout is just a who gets lucky day. If Mule hadnt have hit the post its all over at 2-0 with 4 min to play. I just hope we either

get some forward back on Pavs line wholl help him more, or trade for one. Abs and Cleary are grinders doing a good job shutting

down the opp line but not creating as much going forward as youd want one of your top 2 lines to do. Point in the bag thou.

regarding the loser point....I would accept the rule IF the teams made it to a shootout, then the loser can have a point, but if a team loses in OT, there should be no point....

just to be clear, I am not for the loser point at all, or the shootout, but if there has to be a loser point it should only be awarded if you earned your way to the shootout...

Kane's shootout goal is not against the rules of a shootout, but it most certainly is contrary to the spiritt of what the shootout is supposed to be. If someone in detroit did it we would say they are amazing, just a lot of moaning in here cos we lost on what was a goal that made howard look stupid.

yeah i really dont know why babs sticks with abs dats clears. obv not working abs has no points with datsyuk and cleary is a turnover machine. then you see franzen isnt helping z and brunner just slowing them down so swap some people around

s*** i never thought id miss flip but he played good with z and brunner

Totally agree!!!! these shootouts and points for losing in the 5 min OT have ruined NHL records--you cant compare the Blackhawks run with the 1980 Flyers, the Flyers had no shootouts and OT's and even in the beginning of the OT era (1983) you didnt get any points for losing in the OT.

The Blackhawks haven't lost in OT. They have lost in SO three times.. So even if they were going against the Flyers run in 1980, they would have still gotten a point for getting through OT and it ending in a tie.

I guess it depends on if you like the shootout or not. I like them. I am assuming you don't like them by your statement.

I would much rather have a game ending with a winner/loser in a shootout than a tie. I thought the amount of ties in hockey before the shootout were absurd.

What if nobody deserves to win a particular game? Hence a tie.

Nothing wrong with that. Just means neither team was good enough to win. In neither team is good enough to win, neither deserves a W.

Instead, we have to manufacture wins, just so casual morons at bars are entertained. Bring back the pre 1999 point scoring system.

Edited by GMRwings1983

We have 3 goals in three games and none of them are from our top 2 lines. In fact 2 of them are from Tatar's line. What's up Babcock?

esteef

You would think that being the coaching genius that he is, :dozing: Babcock would figure that out. He's got to give Pasha some help.

The Blackhawks haven't lost in OT. They have lost in SO three times.. So even if they were going against the Flyers run in 1980, they would have still gotten a point for getting through OT and it ending in a tie.

Remember that Montreal played before you even had OT's, let alone shootouts. Not sure about Philly.

All these records are misleading nowadays. Just like Brodeur supposedly breaking Paren't record for 48 wins, a few years ago.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I'm not just reacting to Kane and the shootout loss. I've always hated the it.

It's a terrible way to decide a game and by its artificial nature requires keeping the loser point. I'd much rather have ten minutes of 4 on 4 OT, then just call it a tie if no one scores and both teams get a point.

If someone does score then two points to the winner, no points for losing. Ever.

I grew up watching hockey in the 80s so there were ties. It really only got bad in the clutch and grab era. Watching a slow boring hockey game ending in a tie.

What if nobody deserves to win a particular game? Hence a tie.

Nothing wrong with that. Just means neither team was good enough to win.

Instead, we have to manufacture wins, just so casual morons at bars are entertained. Bring back the pre 1999 point scoring system.

Damn, I need to visit a bar soon so I can join the rest of my "casual moron" friends. :D

Plus going by this we should give back our 23 game home winning streak last year

Datsyuk showing once again that he's only down to 2 shootout moves in his arsenal.

There was alot of good things to come from this game, unfortunately untimely mistakes and lack of overall offense (missed chances, very little sustained pressure) cause the negatives to once again outweigh the positives. This is a good lineup we have right here. My question is whats going to happen once Fillpula, Helm, Sammuelsson, and Bertuzzi come back? Tatar and Andersson have had more impact than all of them so far (Helm not included). Can't drop Miller, Tootoo. Wont drop Cleary or Emmerton and Abdelkader might get the short end of the stick. Alot of options, hopefully the wrong decisions aren't made...which seem to have been of great impact as of the last handful of years (Lang for Fleischmann, Bertuzzi for Mathias, Franzen over Hossa, letting Quincy get claimed and then giving up a 1st rounder to get him back)

I'm not just reacting to Kane and the shootout loss. I've always hated the it.

It's a terrible way to decide a game and by its artificial nature requires keeping the loser point. I'd much rather have ten minutes of 4 on 4 OT, then just call it a tie if no one scores and both teams get a point.

If someone does score then two points to the winner, no points for losing. Ever.

I'm not sure if 10 minutes of 4 on 4 is realistic either, though. How often does that happen in a game?

Someone needs to look up the stats for how many OT goals were scored 5 on 5 (pre 1999), versus how many have been scored since OT's went 4 on 4. I don't remember there being much of a difference.