• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/3 GDT : Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 1 (SO)

Rate this topic

How useless does Abdelkader have to be before Tatar gets his spot instead?

Babcock is so damn stubborn. The team is playing well overall, but the top-six needs to be juggled for Tuesday.

Well let's see so far he has 0 points. Negative points?

Maybe Babcock is afraid of putting too much pressure on Tatar and doesn't want to kill his momentum? That seems semi logical, but doesn't hold up under scrutiny. Maybe he doesn't want to screw up the bottom 6? But even then, I'd rather have a functioning top 6.

Tatar got one shift this season with Datsyuk and inexplicably never got another one. Babcock has to be lying. If we can think of that combo he has too. He has some secret reason for what he's doing.

The games potentially take too long and the players get worn out. It's special in playoffs and it should stay there.

Also living in Atlantic Canada the Western Coast games are absolutely brutal and aren't over till 1 or 130 AM at the earliest in the regular season

It's actually got to get wrapped up nice and tidy in a timely fashion for television needs, that's the main thing. If the NHL wants TV revenue, they've got to supply a TV friendly product.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

they probably wanted to trade abdelkader, since he's f*cking useless and they have too many forwards when healthy.

so they throw him with datsyuk for a bunch of games to try to raise his value.

unfortunately, he's not even good enough to get a point or two after playing a month with one of the top 5 forwards in the game.

i think we need an "abdelkader apprectiation thread" shortly.

they probably wanted to trade abdelkader, since he's f*cking useless and they have too many forwards when healthy.

unfortunately, he's not even good enough to get a point or two after playing a month with one of the top 5 forwards in the game.

Who would want Abdelkader? I wouldn't trade anything for him if I was a GM. Players like that are widely available.

1 point in 22 games? Nobody wants that.

Babcock has lost his mind. Though Malik speculates as to the reason this is going on and makes some interesting points, but still.

CRAZY.

This actually happened?? Just "no"? Hasn't and won't even consider it? Honestly...

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

Who would want Abdelkader? I wouldn't trade anything for him if I was a GM. Players like that are widely available.

1 point in 22 games? Nobody wants that.

you're absolutely right. but maybe they thought if he put up a few points with datsyuk, they could get some clueless GM like feaster to trade for him.

abdelkader just happens to be even worse than they anticipated.

Edited by fat guy in a maltby jersey

Those two (lucky) SCF goals against the Pens were huge. After that nothing of note that I can remember. A couple lost fights and some chip ins.

you're absolutely right. but maybe they thought if he put up a few points with datsyuk, they could get some clueless GM like feaster to trade for him.

abdelkader just happens to be even worse than they anticipated.

Meh. I doubt we'd be sabotaging our chances of winning every night, just to trade some useless plug.

Then again, I don't know why he's playing on the 2nd line instead of Tatar, who is actually scoring right now. If they need a mindless grinder on that line, they already have Cleary.

Makes no sense.

This actually happened?? Just "no"? Hasn't and won't even consider it? Honestly...

Just saw the post-game with Babs. It's true. Just a simple "No.".

But obviously there has to be more going on. Of course a coach will consider everything.

Could be a case of giving Abdelkader and Cleary every possible chance to succeed before they're out of here. Holland being able to say, "you got X amount of games with Datsyuk and put up X amount of points. Just not good enough. Goodbye.".

Something has to be the cause of this line and Babcock's refusal to change it up.

Just saw the post-game with Babs. It's true. Just a simple "No.".

But obviously there has to be more going on. Of course a coach will consider everything.

Could be a case of giving Abdelkader and Cleary every possible chance to succeed before they're out of here. Holland being able to say, "you got X amount of games with Datsyuk and put up X amount of points. Just not good enough. Goodbye.".

Something has to be the cause of this line and Babcock's refusal to change it up.

There has to be something going on behind the scenes. So many obvious problems with the line combos that are suddenly immovable. Babcock usually isn't afraid to change typically good lines on a whim mid-game if things aren't working, and yet something that has had zero success like that line don't even consider another look? Hmmmm....

Abby just can't really do anything this year. It's kinda sad and he's been given plenty of chances. Abby just can't score.

Overall a good game and solid effort today minus those two penalties at the end.

Would have been nice to break the Hawks record but oh well.

The Blackhawks on the otherhand right now as much as we/I hate them they are looking good and are for real.

I was amazed on how flat the mule was today... It seemed he was making more mistakes rather than doing the right play. And Ericsson... man, he had one of his best games until that Delay of Game at the end. This should have been a W for Howard.

Babcock has lost his mind. Though Malik speculates as to the reason this is going on and makes some interesting points, but still.
CRAZY.

That is pretty DAMNED WEIRD BABS

Yup take away the streak and the rivalry significance and we got a point from the best team in the league, not bad. Still a bummer. As for the trades giving up Fleishmann for Lang kinda comes with the territory. If you're a win now franchise sometimes you make sacrifices that don't turn out well. Lang was leading the league in scoring at the time and played quite well for us (even with his nack of floating and looking lazy out there). Yeah he wasn't a superstar but it's not like Fleischmann is an elite player. Upper tier 2nd liner but nothing special, not even Robert Lang status yet. Mathias I don't understand. The guy had a 2 goal first game and everyone lost their **** but since then he has done absolutely nothing. He might even be out of the league soon. Franzen over Hossa was dumb, Quincy trade was terrible.

Actually I just remembered Green was in that Lang deal too. :lol: Okay that trade kinda sucked. Hidesight is 20/20.

Green was drafted by Washington with the draft pick we gave them....technically he was part of the deal, but not really when the trade was made....

if its true what Babcock said, then he should be fired....flat out fired. Cleary and Abby playing like shiit while Tatar is scoring from a 3rd line role and he hasn't even considered it? Won't consider it? So, he refuses to experiment to better his team? That sounds like grounds for termination to me. Calling Larionov, Calling Larionov, you have a telephone call at the front desk....

I like Abby, he could possibly stay there with Dats and Tatar, but having him and Cleary there makes no sense at all... Is Cleary Babs son-in-law or something? *** lover? I'm just saying...

Guest Playmaker

Abby just can't really do anything this year. It's kinda sad and he's been given plenty of chances. Abby just can't score.

Overall a good game and solid effort today minus those two penalties at the end.

Would have been nice to break the Hawks record but oh well.

The Blackhawks on the otherhand right now as much as we/I hate them they are looking good and are for real.

For me, it's not just about scoring. There's no valid reason he can't skate with the effort that Helm does. There's no reason he can't be checking, hitting, dropping the gloves on occasion, making some good defensive plays, etc. Ditto for Cleary and Franzen. While I wish Helm would cash in more on his chances, you can't fault his effort and what he contributes to the team.

It makes sense to have depth down the line up. when Flippula, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson and Helm get back we are going to have a serious log jam. Andersson and Tatar deserve to be in the line up sending them both to Grand Rapids while having Abdelkader and Cleary dressed make us a worse team.... Please make a trade holland

Lets give Miller a shot with Datsyuk. He's coming off of a career year last year and can score some of those Homer-esque dirty goals.

Before laughing consider that he scored 14 goals last year, equal to or greater than Bertuzzi,Cleary, and Samuelsson.

Nobody can say with certianty that he'd be any worse than Abdelkader, whose only hockey attribute is "6'1 220 pounds"

But Babcock only cares about size, so this will never happen.

If he was a manager in corporate America, he would get sued for discriminating against the small guys.

For me, it's not just about scoring. There's no valid reason he can't skate with the effort that Helm does. There's no reason he can't be checking, hitting, dropping the gloves on occasion, making some good defensive plays, etc. Ditto for Cleary and Franzen. While I wish Helm would cash in more on his chances, you can't fault his effort and what he contributes to the team.

Yes I understand that scoring isn't everything but when you are teamed up with Dats arguably the best player in the league and can't get anything going offensively? Shame. I know Abby is giving it his all but he has nothing to show for it. 1 point in 22 games isn't good enough more like pathetic. I know Abby's not a scorer but he's getting top 6 minutes. I have nothing against Abby but guys need to step it up. Tatar, Ericsson, Lashoff and some others have stepped up big time. Time for Abby to step it up.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)