• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/3 GDT : Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 1 (SO)

Rate this topic

Abby does not suck, he just isn't top 6. He has his 4th line role and he does a great job at it. I am baffled at Babcock and want to know what he is drinking because he needs to be locked up for CUI.

It will not hurt to try Tatar with Datsyuk for a couple of games....WTF?!?!

I am going to quote myself from earlier:

Posted Today, 01:58 PM

So, so far pretty entertaining despite the shot discrepancy...

A few things that have annoyed me:

Crowd at the Joe acting like uninformed jackasses? Yes...Boo Hossa? Uh, he wanted to stay here, he said he'd take a discount, your GM chose Franzen over him...no need to boo, but go ahead, entertain yourelf while looking like baffoons...

Uh, Jimmy is making some nice stops but he STILL CANNOT CONTROL A REBOUND! It's gonna bite him soon!

If I were Dastyuk, I would leave now. I like Abby, but he doesn't belong on that line. Cleary doesn't belong period. Datsyuk has nobody to help him on that line....Do something about it Babcock.

Only thing I have to say about Franzine is he needs to bury that shot from the Brunner pass. He needs to be aggressive on the puck and he wasn't. He seems to be playing in his lazy mode today...

Despite the great play by Jimmy, he still seems to have trouble with the rebound...it's gonna kill us sooner or later!

Datsyuk is being wasted with those linemates....Babcock refuses to change it. Fire him.

Franzia is Franzia...useless crap. He brings down Z and Brunner nearly as much as Cleary brings down Dats.

if its true what Babcock said, then he should be fired....flat out fired. Cleary and Abby playing like shiit while Tatar is scoring from a 3rd line role and he hasn't even considered it? Won't consider it? So, he refuses to experiment to better his team? That sounds like grounds for termination to me. Calling Larionov, Calling Larionov, you have a telephone call at the front desk....

I like Abby, he could possibly stay there with Dats and Tatar, but having him and Cleary there makes no sense at all... Is Cleary Babs son-in-law or something? *** lover? I'm just saying...

Oh man Larionov would be an awesome coach. At least as an offensive assistant kind of guy. I've got a feeling our PP would see a big improvement with the professor. But he's got a pretty cushy job in the front office for the KHL and being a high profile player agent.

Edited by Number19

There is no doubt that Mike Babcock has done a masterful job with this team this season. Losing Nick Lidstrom and Brad Stuart (And rafi the year before) is a HUGE loss. To top that off, the Red Wings have had over 110 man games lost due to injuries, which is UNREAL! Yet, Babcock has not only kept the Wings in the playoff picture, but they are a couple points out of 4th place! In doing so, he has sort of reformed the way the Red Wings play this season, and it is very evident these past few games. The defense are getting far better at moving the puck, there is more shot blocking than ever. There is no doubt that Mike Babcock is doing a damn good job despite losing key players in the offseason and the many we have lost due to injury.

Now, in saying that, he needs to give up on playing Cleary and Abdelkator with Pavel Datsyuk. It isn't working. Not only are they not scoring goals, but they are making stupid plays to give the puck away after Pavs works hard to get possession of it. Given Fil and Bert not playing, I can live with 1 of Cleary and Abdelkator playing with Pavs, but not both! While Hank has Brunner AND Franzen (tho lazy) playing with him, Pavel has NO ONE playing with him. With that said, I would expect Fil to be back either Tuesday or Thursday, which will help a lot. But until then, Tatar needs to play with Pavel.

I missed part of the game, but did eddie olczyk really go an entire wings game without bitching about the springy end boards implying that the wings are somehow cheaters because of this? nice job.

I understand that but the point is teams play differently now days when they know they have a secured point as opposed to 'going for it' in the last 5 mins of regulation time like they did back in the early 80's, back then teams went for the win, they didnt rag it the last 5 mins as much as teams do it in todays NHL.

If all games were worth 3 points now (regulation win =3 pts) dont you think more teams would play harder in the last 5 mins of a game to get ALL the points? it would defiantly change the strategy of todays games just like it was a different approach in the pre-1983 era.

Sorry, I disagree. Teams back then didn't go for the win either. Points were key. If you lost in OT, you lost the extra point. I saw many games before the shootout came about where the teams just protected the point they got. Its not like every team went for the win, because if they did, then there wouldn't have been as many ties as there was before the shootout.

I missed part of the game, but did eddie olczyk really go an entire wings game without bitching about the springy end boards implying that the wings are somehow cheaters because of this? nice job.

I think maybe he heard himself back when he talked about Yakapov....he must have realized he sounded like a d0uche bag....

Edited by LeftWinger

Sorry, I disagree. Teams back then didn't go for the win either. Points were key. If you lost in OT, you lost the extra point. I saw many games before the shootout came about where the teams just protected the point they got. Its not like every team went for the win, because if they did, then there wouldn't have been as many ties as there was before the shootout.

Congratulations, just how many games did you watch back from the 1970's through the 1980's?? I am talking about teams GOING FOR IT before there was OT and also BEFORE they started giving points for just making it to OT.

Alot of teams take very few, if any, chances in the last 5 mins of regulation. Now, since they play for the SURE point, is why they MUST change the point system to 3 points for a regulation win, not only for better hockey in the last 5 mins of a game but also its proportionate! how the MORONIC Board of Governors came up with this current point system without thinking it through is beyond bush league!

Edited by Lazerbeam

Guest Playmaker

Yes I understand that scoring isn't everything but when you are teamed up with Dats arguably the best player in the league and can't get anything going offensively? Shame. I know Abby is giving it his all but he has nothing to show for it. 1 point in 22 games isn't good enough more like pathetic. I know Abby's not a scorer but he's getting top 6 minutes. I have nothing against Abby but guys need to step it up. Tatar, Ericsson, Lashoff and some others have stepped up big time. Time for Abby to step it up.

I agree totally. He should be scoring. What I'm saying is I wouldn't be so frustrated with him if he was doing the other things. He's been a huge disappointment to me the past few seasons. It's pretty much been dowhill since his debut in the playoffs.

The lines I wanna see when or (IF) the Wings are healthy...

1 Zettr-Brunner-Franzen

2 Dats-Bertuzzi-Tatar

3 Helm-Miller-Tootoo

4 Flip-Eaves-Sammy(Cleary)

If Franzen cant be consistent then I would replace him with Flip and drop the Mule to the 4th line.

DEFENSE:

Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincy, Smith, Lashoff, --then the big??? (White, Kindle, Colliacovo, Huskins) << << who goes from this bunch??? You gotta keep Lashoff up and not send him to GR he has been too good!

Also I think Eaves deserves to stay in the lineup and not be a healthy scratch anymore! what do you guys think?

Are they trying to audition Cleary and Abby for trade ammunition. Ofcourse they would be packaged with much more BUT having them on that line with hopes of having Dats making them look good/bttr?

Im just specualting.

This is getting beyond ridiculous trying to figure out the the angle to babs/gm devotion towards this line combo.

I agree totally. He should be scoring. What I'm saying is I wouldn't be so frustrated with him if he was doing the other things. He's been a huge disappointment to me the past few seasons. It's pretty much been dowhill since his debut in the playoffs.

Abby is leading the team in hits (again), plays the net front role well, has more takeaways than giveaways, is defensively responsible, and provides good pressure in the corners. IMO he's doing exactly what is expected of him. He isn't the type of player that can carry line- he is a checker and can be a complimentary player like Homer and Cleary (was). The line is the problem, not his play.

Are they trying to audition Cleary and Abby for trade ammunition. Ofcourse they would be packaged with much more BUT having them on that line with hopes of having Dats making them look good/bttr?

Im just specualting.

This is getting beyond ridiculous trying to figure out the the angle to babs/gm devotion towards this line combo.

Folks have been throwing out those theories, but I seriously doubt it. As others have said, I doubt we would intentionally cut our own throat for the sake of boosting these two scrubs miniscule trade value. If anything, they have proven more useless than previously thought.

The question still remains: What the Hell is Babcock thinking? How bad is bad enough to change? How long is long enough to consider the experiment a failure? For a guy who usually gives up on even good lines too quickly when they don't work immediately, his bullheaded adherence to the Datsyuk-Cleary-Abdelkader line is an absurd mystery.

Edited by b.shanafan14

Folks have been throwing out those theories, but I seriously doubt it. As others have said, I doubt we would intentionally cut our own throat for the sake of boosting these two scrubs miniscule trade value. If anything, they have proven more useless than previously thought.

The question still remains: What the Hell is Babcock thinking? How bad is bad enough to change? How long is long enough to consider the experiment a failure? For a guy who usually gives up on even good lines too quickly when they don't work immediately, his bullheaded adherence to the Datsyuk-Cleary-Abdelkader line is an absurd mystery.

I don't like the line, but I do think it has stayed because of defense. That is, Babs might not trust Tatar to play against Toews, Thornton, Kopitar, etc. I think Dats and Abby/Cleary could makeup for any of Tatar's deficiencies, but that's the only explanation I can think of. Flip should return and the line will be split.

I don't like the line, but I do think it has stayed because of defense. That is, Babs might not trust Tatar to play against Toews, Thornton, Kopitar, etc. I think Dats and Abby/Cleary could makeup for any of Tatar's deficiencies, but that's the only explanation I can think of. Flip should return and the line will be split.

Im standing by Babs...2 weeks ago I said if he gets the defense dialed in and somehow got this team into the playoffs he should be coach of the year.

Can you believe now were all bitching about scoring cuz our D is now allegedly set for the next decade?:)

Wild ride so far...gonna be a crazy 2nd half.

Abby is leading the team in hits (again), plays the net front role well, has more takeaways than giveaways, is defensively responsible, and provides good pressure in the corners. IMO he's doing exactly what is expected of him. He isn't the type of player that can carry line- he is a checker and can be a complimentary player like Homer and Cleary (was). The line is the problem, not his play.

Abby blows