Photo
- - - - -

3/3 GDT : Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 1 (SO)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
919 replies to this topic

#341 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Haha Cleary fits one more garbage play into the period.

Hahahaha

#342 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

2nd Int. JIMMY! JIMMY! JIMMY! JIMMY! JIMMY! would put it up some more, but fingers hurt.......lol

#343 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

Just waiting for Franzen to get hurt again. The team looked quite a lot better without him.

#344 djv19

djv19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Abbs has no offensive skill and should not be let off the fourth line. His mission should be hit hit hit hit. Nothing more. Cleary=healthy scratch

#345 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Howard has been the best player out there for us so far.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#346 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

What if Cleary scores the GWG with seconds left, and skates by the Hawks bench taunting Quenneville, and then breaks his stick to signify, "breaking the streak".

Then, I'd give him immunity the rest of the season here.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#347 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Abby should only be on that line if there is a PP, same with Cleary on another line on the PP.

#348 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Just waiting for Franzen to get hurt again. The team looked quite a lot better without him.

Are you an adult?

#349 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,176 posts

No. Abby is doing his job in front of the net. It is/was franzen that sucks. No effort once again. As the anoouncers pointed out. If he is still hurt, htne put him on the IR. if he is healthy then he needs to play hard, or he should sit in the press box. He is doing nothing for this team.

Neither are really.  We shouldn't have a guy with 1 point in 20 games on the PP, and Franzen should have to earn his ice time.  I'd like to see Franzen off there too and have Eaves-Andersson to replace Abs-Mule.  That would send a clear message about earning your ice time.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#350 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Someone PLEASE take this NBC broadcast and show it to Kenny regarding EVERYTHING that they have mentioned about Franzen!!!

Edzo tore him up pretty well on that PP.

#351 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

Who plays the net front role better on that second PP than Abby?

I like how the Chicago player jumping between the benches negates the too many men penalty.

Franzen or Andersson. Or Tootoo. Or my mother.

But that's besidea the point. It's 5-on-5 Abdelkader and Cleary are bringing down our offense. Don't you see how they lose every puck battle along the boards? How they dump the puck when Pavel wants a pass, and pass when they should dump? How they're too slow to keep up with the play, don't shoot the puck well enough to take any advantage of Pavel's passes...

Babcock has got to see this. Or his assistant coaches. If nothing happens in the 3rd... wow. Tatar or Franzen needs to be put with Pav. Tatar preferably.

#352 Gunslinger

Gunslinger

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

Franzen is no longer "The Mule", he should be called "Driftwood". He just floats around like dead wood... Get rid of him Kenny!!!

#353 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

You're telling us to kidnap Dan Cleary and Justin Abdelkader!!?! Interesting idea... I'll get rope and shovels, someone get a van and pick me up.

:lol:

#354 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Are you an adult?

Yup. Did I say I wished he would get hurt? Nope. Just that I looked forward to the time that he is out again. Chances are it will happen soon. Its no different than saying " I cant wait for the guy above me at work  to get fired because he doesnt do his job."

Edited by GoalieManPat, 03 March 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#355 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

Geesus that man hates the Wings.....uses the word 'embarrassed' twice in same segment.

I want a Bruins/ Hawks finals and eddi o and jack Edwards together on commentary.

#356 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

I want a Bruins/ Hawks finals and eddi o and jack Edwards together on commentary.

Instead of game 7 they could just do a no rules deathmatch between the two. Hockey fans will rejoice.

#357 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

The sad thing about out offense is, it won't get any better when healthy....Filppula yes, but Sammy and Bert wouldn't be the difference maker here...

I like how the D is shaping up and gelling together.  I am not sold on Q and Kindl yet, but the more they play, the more I notice better things out of them...too bad Franzine & Cleary are still digressing....I am not so sure that D is our number one priority to fix right anymore...if we could fine a REAL player to play with Datsyuk and a better player to flank Z and Brunner, we may be in nice shape....who though? 

Why not just give Tatar the try with Datsyuk? Huh? It isn't going to hurt...Cleary isn't a bad 3rd/4th liner, but he is horrid anywhere else....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#358 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

Yup. Did I say I wished he would get hurt? Nope. Just that I looked forward to the time that he is out again. Chances are it will happen soon. Its no different than saying " I cant wait for the guy above me to get fired because he doesnt do his job."

You're really going to try and make that claim? By saying you're waiting for him to get hurt and commenting on the team's play without him clearly shows some thinly veiled desire for him to receive an injury that will cause him to miss playing time. It's pathetic that a supposed adult would vie for an injury to another person over af****** game.

Edited by The Greek, 03 March 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#359 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Neither are really.  We shouldn't have a guy with 1 point in 20 games on the PP, and Franzen should have to earn his ice time.

This. 20 minutes a night on Datsyuk's wing and PP time with 1 point through 21 games. I don't care how much better you're looking, no one should have that statline under those circumstances. Period. Tootoo has more of everything and doing so with much less.

Franzen hasn't had to earn ice time in years.

#360 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

If I'm babcock I roll with

Tatar-Zetterberg-Brunner

Franzen-Datsyuk-Tootoo

Cleary-Abs-Miller

Andersson-Emmerton-Eaves

bringit.jpg