Photo
- - - - -

3/3 GDT : Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 1 (SO)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
919 replies to this topic

#361 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Gosh I miss Flippula and Bertuzzi. I like Cleary but he's just outmatched

Not Flip

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#362 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Franzen or Andersson. Or Tootoo. Or my mother.

But that's besidea the point. It's 5-on-5 Abdelkader and Cleary are bringing down our offense. Don't you see how they lose every puck battle along the boards? How they dump the puck when Pavel wants a pass, and pass when they should dump? How they're too slow to keep up with the play, don't shoot the puck well enough to take any advantage of Pavel's passes...

Babcock has got to see this. Or his assistant coaches. If nothing happens in the 3rd... wow. Tatar or Franzen needs to be put with Pav. Tatar preferably.

They do, they just refuse to do anything about it. 

Insanity = Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

#363 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

we need to see Luon8o in net again

#364 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

If I'm babcock I roll with

Tatar-Zetterberg-Brunner
Franzen-Datsyuk-Tootoo
Cleary-Abs-Miller
Andersson-Emmerton-Eaves

Yes, please. I like the way you think.

#365 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Geesus that man hates the Wings.....uses the word 'embarrassed' twice in same segment.

I want a Bruins/ Hawks finals and eddi o and jack Edwards together on commentary.

That would be brutal.  :scared:  We might even see an actual fist figh there between those two :w00t:

#366 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Neither are really.  We shouldn't have a guy with 1 point in 20 games on the PP, and Franzen should have to earn his ice time.  I'd like to see Franzen off there too and have Eaves-Andersson to replace Abs-Mule.  That would send a clear message about earning your ice time.

On the PP it isn't about scoring for the guy working the front of the net. Hommer was rare. Most of the time, the front guy is there to take a beating and block the vision of the G. abby is doing that. I have no issues with the job he is doing. But franzen needs to be replaced. try Andersson, he can't do any worse. if he doesn't get the job done, then the next guy. I don't care if they try Ericsson-he was a C most of his life. But we need some power forwards. Heck Big Buff would be perfect.........

#367 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Franzen or Andersson. Or Tootoo. Or my mother.

But that's besidea the point. It's 5-on-5 Abdelkader and Cleary are bringing down our offense. Don't you see how they lose every puck battle along the boards? How they dump the puck when Pavel wants a pass, and pass when they should dump? How they're too slow to keep up with the play, don't shoot the puck well enough to take any advantage of Pavel's passes...

Babcock has got to see this. Or his assistant coaches. If nothing happens in the 3rd... wow. Tatar or Franzen needs to be put with Pav. Tatar preferably.

It's not beside the point. The point is that Abby plays well in front of the net on the PP.

What evidence is there that Andersson plays well in front of the net? What evidence is there that Tootoo can make himself big enough to effectively screen the goalie? Or do you just want a change because 5-on-5 you are unhappy?

5-on-5 I don't think you'll find anyone here who thinks Abby-Dats-Cleary is a good line. That doesn't mean that these players are useless at any other part of the game. Homer-Dats-Cleary (with today's Cleary and 2009 Homer) would have also been a terrible line, but it wouldn't have meant Homer is bad on the PP. Just because a player is being utilized incorrectely does not mean that player is a bad player in all situations.

#368 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

What if Cleary scores the GWG with seconds left, and skates by the Hawks bench taunting Quenneville, and then breaks his stick to signify, "breaking the streak".

Then, I'd give him immunity the rest of the season here.  

Same deal for Frazen? :cheesy:

#369 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Thing is, that in spite of not getting at least three calls (two trips, one high stick), our boyz are picking up their game as a TEAM, and finally playing like they are thinking about meaning it.  GO, WINGS!!!  

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#370 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

You're really going to try and make that claim? By saying you're waiting for him to get hurt and commenting on the team's play without him clearly shows some thinly veiled desire for him to receive an injury that will cause him to miss playing time. It's pathetic that a supposed adult would vie for an injury to another person over af****** game.

Again I say show me where I say I hope he gets hurt. Use those fancy little quote buttons of the forum to do so. Please do and then you can tell me what I meant by my post. Saying a team looks better without a player who has been prone to injury sure does translate into I HOPE HE DIES!

#371 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Over the last 15 years How many times have we pulled the Globetrotter s*** and just dazzle teams with our puck possession, stars and talent only to lose 0-1......hoping for blue collar slop goAl here in the 3rd to bust up this streak.

#372 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Man, the Hawks slobberfest is getting pretty annoying :glare:

#373 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Let's carry some of that momentum over into this third period and score a damn goal, or five.

#374 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Come ooooon regulation win!

#375 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Thing is, that in spite of not getting at least three calls (two trips, one high stick), our boyz are picking up their game as a TEAM, and finally playing like they are thinking about meaning it.  GO, WINGS!!!  

I like the 'compete level', it's just frustrating to see our best offensive player be handcuffed when we desperately need scoring.

#376 lacrossekid2

lacrossekid2

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

LOL.  That's sad.

What he's not terrible. Big guy who uses his body somewhat well, while having good hands. Granted he's not what he was in 2002-2003 but he's still a 40-50 point player

Lead Writer for http://awinninghabit.com and lead NHL writer for http://fansided.com

#377 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,646 posts

Same deal for Frazen? :cheesy:

No.

He's expected to do more for the Wings.   

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#378 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

The Q with the save!

#379 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Great play by Q breaking up the 2 on 1.

#380 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Come ooooon regulation win!

It only takes one shot!