Photo
- - - - -

3/3 GDT : Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 1 (SO)

gdt

• Please log in to reply
919 replies to this topic

#741 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

Still waiting for a full 60 mins.... Hell a full 60 minutes from this team would have me thinking we could actually make a cup run.

if hawks are best in nhl.... We are in a really good spot, honestly we have had them beat both times this year.

No worris from this fan... Disappointed yes but no worries once we put the puzzle of a full 60 together.

#742 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

im sure hossa would have tied it up under a minute if ericsson didnt take the penalty 

I agree.  That game could have went either way.  The Wings scored 1 goal, and trying to win by scoring only one goal is very rare indeed.  If Ericsson didn't take the penalty, it could have come a variety of other ways.  The point is that its dangerous to play defensive in hockey and protect a 1 goal lead.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#743 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Bad penalty but that goal is just as much on Quincey. You cant wind up for a full slapper in traffic on the PK. 

Why should it be illegal? The puck continues to move forward. Howard needs to be more aggressive when he slows like that. Force him to do something without any momentum.

Exactly - he has a stick, he should have poke checked him.

#744 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,021 posts

What?  Skate slowly toward the goalie and score?  No other player has the skill to do what Kane does thats for sure.

I'm not sure what your point is in regards to my post.  I wasn't questioning Kane's skill.  He takes the rules to the limit and uses his skill to score.  

When in a hockey game would you be able to come to an almost complete stop for that much time to make that many moves?  Never.  Someone would bury you.  

My point was using an artificially constructed event to decide a hockey game, and Kane's near stops highlights the absurdity of it. 

#745 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

I shouldnt need to explain why the kane shootout move should be disqualified

#746 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

We kind of look like Nashville. But the smaller version that doesn't win games. 

#747 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

I agree.  That game could have went either way.  The Wings scored 1 goal, and trying to win by scoring only one goal is very rare indeed.  If Ericsson didn't take the penalty, it could have come a variety of other ways.  The point is that its dangerous to play defensive in hockey and protect a 1 goal lead.

Detroit didn't play defensive hockey.  Just couldn't bury their chances, that's all.

Defensive hockey would be like playing the trap.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#748 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

Awesome game to watch. Couple of bad breaks cost the Wings. They really need to try something different with Datsyuk though, the offense has become stagnant

#749 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

I would like to hear an explanation.  Its not against the rules.  Oh, and he is the only guy that does it because he has the skill to do it.  Why can't Dats do what Kane does?  He probably could because he has the skill to do it.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#750 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

In 2 games the hawks, the best in the league, have scored 2 goals on us in regulation - that is pretty good in my books.

I just want the wings to be able to do that against the crap teams like oclumbus, dropping those games or not showing up is what kills me in those.

#751 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Did something happen to Tatar after he scored his goal? He only played 8 minutes, did he get hurt?

#752 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

1362340287444_zps2ee30e36.jpg

#753 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

The Hawks are scary good.  Fast, tough, offensively, defensively, good goaltending.  Jimmy kept us in the game.  The Wings had the opportunity to put it away in the 3rd. and didn't take advantage of it.  Can't even stand to watch Franzen out on the ice anymore.  He was that bad. 

#754 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Detroit didn't play defensive hockey.  Just couldn't bury their chances, that's all.

Defensive hockey would be like playing the trap.  

Detroit was playing with 3-4 guys back for the last 7 minutes.  When Chicago tied it, they dropped that strategy.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#755 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Still waiting for a full 60 mins.... Hell a full 60 minutes from this team would have me thinking we could actually make a cup run.

if hawks are best in nhl.... We are in a really good spot, honestly we have had them beat both times this year.

No worris from this fan... Disappointed yes but no worries once we put the puzzle of a full 60 together.

Honestly, a full 60 mins could give any team a Cup run.

That's the point, though.  It's hard to play full speed for 60 minutes.  It would take a team full of Darren Helm's.  

#756 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,238 posts

I say our D is good and is going to improve a lot over the years especially if they keep them together. I want a trade for good 2nd/3rd liner that can score.

#757 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,736 posts

If Babcock would put together the correct lines, we wouldn't be debating the Kane shootout (lack of) move(ing.)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#758 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Detroit was playing with 3-4 guys back for the last 7 minutes.  When Chicago tied it, they dropped that strategy.

Seemed like we had countless chances on Crawford even before they tied it up.  

Did something happen to Tatar after he scored his goal? He only played 8 minutes, did he get hurt?

He's overriping on the bench, while legends like Dan Cleary and Abdelkader are showing him what it takes to play on the 2nd line.  

#759 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Would it be disqualified if Datsyuk or Brunner did it?

#760 Lazerbeam

Lazerbeam

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

you technically only have to be making forward progress. He still is.  Barely. 

It highlights why the shootout is a joke. 

Totally agree!!!! these shootouts and points for losing in the 5 min OT have ruined NHL records--you cant compare the Blackhawks run with the 1980 Flyers, the Flyers had no shootouts and OT's and even in the beginning of the OT era (1983) you didnt get any points for losing in the OT.