So this is how I see this game:
* We were outplayed in the first 2 periods. Pretty badly. Very solid defense and Howard kept us in it.
* In the 3rd we woke up, took over the play, and really looked good. We scored. After that we backed away a little bit, but still created chances, and still played solid D.
* Then something happened.... I can't explain it.. Ericsson, amazing up until that point, made a really stupid, boneheaded play. It's one that every d-man does at one point or another. But it can't happen with 2-3 minutes left when you have a 1-0 lead in a big game.
* Chicago scored a rather flukey goal on the PP.
* OT was great, back and forth, wish it was longer. I personally think we would have won the game, IN OT, if Babcock had played Tatar instead of Cleary.
* Once it went to shootout, it's a coin-toss. A bit disappointed by Datsyuk's attempt, but Crawford had done his homework and didn't bite. Brunner was sooo close, just another example of the bad breaks we got against us this game. Kane had a nice one, he's a ******, but he's got hands.
* Zetterberg had a highly mediocre game and looked sluggish. Bad SO attempt too. But he still had a couple of really nice passes that could have led to goals.
* Brunner was one of our best guys offensively, along with Tatar who had a nice goal.
* Cleary and Abdelkader were terrible every time they were out on the ice. Honestly don't think either of them did one good thing all game. Not even joking. Filppula better return real soon because it seems obvious Babcock has decided to run with this line until he gets fired and committed to a mental asylum.
* One point is okay, but just like in the game against LA, this was a game where 2 points were very much within reach, and we just did something stupid, got scored against on the PK and bam, points lost.