• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Leafs Komisarek demands trade. wants to play.

Rate this topic

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417305

key points:

The 31-year-old, who has no points in four games for Toronto this season, has a modified no-trade clause. He is in the fourth season of a five-year, $22.5 million contract, with an annual cap hit of $4.5 million.

Komisarek commented on the difficulty of watching games from the press box.
"You want to play, you want to contribute, that's the biggest thing. You don't want to be a passenger," explained Komisarek. "You want to be helping the team out and I can just worry about what I can control and that's come to the rink and keep a positive attitude and sure as well got to be ready if an opportunity comes when and where that it is who knows.

what do you think?

possibility of him in the D? would you like it..dislike it? :)

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Don't know much about him but having another right handed man couldn't hurt. Could also solve our backlog of forwards. Then trade White and a pick for a second line forward and we could make a good run.

No room for him at the Inn. Our D is just fine. Can he play power forward? That is what we need. 3 of them please.

Are you flipping insane???

Cap hit is too high if we have to swallow that.

Yep, He's overpaid. They can buy out another lame-ass Burke contract.

Won't happen....with Detroit and Toronto joining the same division next season, this is the same situation as Columbus refusing to deal with Detroit...

Besides, our guys are gelling right now, pretty well. Add Danny Dekeyser and our D will rock into next season...I still don't like Q, but that's me, he is at least playing pretty solid right now, I can say the same for Kindl. I know Cola is on the roster next season but put him on waivers after training camp...

Kronwall - Ericsson

Quincey - Smith

Dekeyser - Lashoff

Kindl (Huskins for depth)

Edited by LeftWinger

Are you flipping insane???

Yep, He's overpaid. They can buy out another lame-ass Burke contract.

Insane? Nope. Our D is doing just fine. We don't need another 30+ D man that can't score anymore and that has a big contract. Just don't see where he would be an upgrade in anyway. Yes he is RH and we could use 2 of those, but he isn't what we need.

...but maybe a change of scenery....just kidding!

I agree with you all...no thanks. Not that he sucks, but our D is starting to gell fairly well right now. Why change it? Let these guys grow together...I know I was all over the get rid of Q and K bandwagon, most the time I was the driver, but it seems the more they play together, the less I dislike them....like I said above, add Dekeyser for the playoffs and then next year go with what I wrote above...re-sign Kindl and Huskins to shuffle in and out of the #6 spot and injuries...

Insane? Nope. Our D is doing just fine. We don't need another 30+ D man that can't score anymore and that has a big contract. Just don't see where he would be an upgrade in anyway. Yes he is RH and we could use 2 of those, but he isn't what we need.

Keeping what we have isn't what's needed either

Our D is fine. 6 good ones without Huskins: Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, Quincey, lashoff, and Kindl. More on the way: Dekeyser, Nicastro, Sproul, Oullett, De Haas, and marchenko. That is 12, all under 30 but Kronwall, all 6-1+ other than Kronwall. 3 of them are RH: Nicastro, Sproul, and marchenko. D is the deepest position in the organization. We don't need a broken down guy like mike k.

Our D is fine. 6 good ones without Huskins: Kronwall, Ericsson, Smith, Quincey, lashoff, and Kindl. More on the way: Dekeyser, Nicastro, Sproul, Oullett, De Haas, and marchenko. That is 12, all under 30 but Kronwall, all 6-1+ other than Kronwall. 3 of them are RH: Nicastro, Sproul, and marchenko. D is the deepest position in the organization. We don't need a broken down guy like mike k.

:lol: I love and share in your confidence that Dekeyser will be a Red Wing! Get it done Kenny!

Guest Crymson

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417305

key points:

what do you think?

possibility of him in the D? would you like it..dislike it? :)

Komisarek couldn't even crack the Leafs' roster when it was full of scrubs. His was another terrible Burke contract. He's awful, especially for the price he comes at.

If we can trade Sammy for Komi I would say yes. He's a big right hand shot who can hit and block the shots.. we could use him

Yikes @ people who don't know a thing about Komisarek. Go ask Maple Leafs fans just how good he is at hockey.

With Holland's previous trade record of idiocy, the Leafs wouldn't take anything less than another top pick.

i.e. Quincey.

Won't happen....with Detroit and Toronto joining the same division next season, this is the same situation as Columbus refusing to deal with Detroit...

Completely off base. Toronto would trade Komisarek for nothing, and would be thrilled to have gotten it done. Assuming he isn't their amnesty buyout this summer, he's nothing but a $4.5m albatross.

...but maybe a change of scenery....just kidding!

I agree with you all...no thanks. Not that he sucks, but our D is starting to gell fairly well right now. Why change it? Let these guys grow together...I know I was all over the get rid of Q and K bandwagon, most the time I was the driver, but it seems the more they play together, the less I dislike them....like I said above, add Dekeyser for the playoffs and then next year go with what I wrote above...re-sign Kindl and Huskins to shuffle in and out of the #6 spot and injuries...

He does suck, a fact that any Leafs fan would attest to.

Keeping what we have isn't what's needed either

And signing an overpaid, underperforming defenseman is what's needed? Komisarek is not a match for any defenseman currently on the roster.

Edited by Crymson

Komisarek was never an "offensive" guy while a Hab - just that the massive contract that Burke gave him led many fans thinking he could offer more, but they were wrong...He was a solid defensive minded/shot blocking Dman while in Montreal, and truth be told I could never figure out why he left (he was well liked, and if I remember correctly they offered almost as much as the Leafs).

Komisarek might've remained a respectable 2nd pairing Dman had he not left the Habs.

Agreed.

Hope he can find a place to play. Mark Fraser took his spot and hasn't looked back. Who would be willing to take his contract? Yikes.

Have to figure he's one of Toronto's buyouts come the off season. Unless there's another team out there that thinks he can be the missing piece as a rental for a Stanley Cup run & will promptly buy him out in the off season themselves, the only way I see Toronto trading him is if they eat some of his salary in the trade to make him go away.

Guest Crymson

Have to figure he's one of Toronto's buyouts come the off season. Unless there's another team out there that thinks he can be the missing piece as a rental for a Stanley Cup run & will promptly buy him out in the off season themselves, the only way I see Toronto trading him is if they eat some of his salary in the trade to make him go away.

Teams can only split salary, not cap hit, under the new CBA.

Edited by Crymson