• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Leafs Komisarek demands trade. wants to play.

Rate this topic

The team that would probably take him is the Islanders. They use the full cap hit to make sure they stay above the salary floor & have Toronto cover a chunk of his salary.

I am hoping they will take franzen to do the same.....

I am hoping they will take franzen to do the same.....

If the Wings wanted to move Franzen (They don't) they wouldn't have any trouble doing so and they certainly wouldn't have to retain any of his salary. There is no shortage of teams out there who need scoring and he provides that at a good price.

His contract may be long but as far as the Wings are concerned that's not an issue either. He's loyal to the team so If he wants to retire early they would just put him on LTIR like the Flyers did with Pronger.

If the Wings wanted to move Franzen (They don't) they wouldn't have any trouble doing so and they certainly wouldn't have to retain any of his salary. There is no shortage of teams out there who need scoring and he provides that at a good price.

His contract may be long but as far as the Wings are concerned that's not an issue either. He's loyal to the team so If he wants to retire early they would just put him on LTIR like the Flyers did with Pronger.

His contract would be an issue for another team though, I do believe....I would love to trade Franzine to the Isle for their 1st round pick....Garth Snow just may be that dumb too!

BTW, he doesn't provide much scoring anymore...he has 3 in 15 games...prorate that, it's roughly 17 in 82 games. I will give him 20 considering he has that spurt once in a bit... His trade value is also on the decline...maybe we can get the Isle's 3rd rounder for him then?

just an observation...nearly every thread today has turned into a Franzine thread and I didn't start any of it! :lol: I hope the MODS are keeping tabs! :hysterical: (sorry mods not picking on you, but usually it IS me that turns the threads into Franzine talk! How Ironic, eh?)

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest Crymson

If he wants to retire, his cap hit will leave the books immediately. LTIR would not be necessary.

Pronger is on LTIR because he can't play.

Guest Crymson

And that's why I typed salary, not cap hit.

Salary means vastly less to teams than cap hit does these days.

Guest The Axe

I still don't like Q, but that's me, he is at least playing pretty solid right now,

I can respect this.