Photo
- - - - -

Leafs Komisarek demands trade. wants to play.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

How do I put it nicely to OP .... NO!  :nono: 

#22 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417305

key points:

what do you think?

possibility of him in the D? would you like it..dislike it? :)

Komisarek couldn't even crack the Leafs' roster when it was full of scrubs. His was another terrible Burke contract. He's awful, especially for the price he comes at.

If we can trade Sammy for Komi I would say yes. He's a big right hand shot who can hit and block the shots.. we could use him

Yikes @ people who don't know a thing about Komisarek. Go ask Maple Leafs fans just how good he is at hockey.

With Holland's previous trade record of idiocy, the Leafs wouldn't take anything less than another top pick.

i.e. Quincey.  

Won't happen....with Detroit and Toronto joining the same division next season, this is the same situation as Columbus refusing to deal with Detroit...

Completely off base. Toronto would trade Komisarek for nothing, and would be thrilled to have gotten it done. Assuming he isn't their amnesty buyout this summer, he's nothing but a $4.5m albatross.

...but maybe a change of scenery....just kidding!

I agree with you all...no thanks. Not that he sucks, but our D is starting to gell fairly well right now. Why change it? Let these guys grow together...I know I was all over the get rid of Q and K bandwagon, most the time I was the driver, but it seems the more they play together, the less I dislike them....like I said above, add Dekeyser for the playoffs and then next year go with what I wrote above...re-sign Kindl and Huskins to shuffle in and out of the #6 spot and injuries...

He does suck, a fact that any Leafs fan would attest to.

Keeping what we have isn't what's needed either

And signing an overpaid, underperforming defenseman is what's needed? Komisarek is not a match for any defenseman currently on the roster.

Edited by Crymson, 04 March 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#23 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

Komisarek couldn't even crack the Leafs' roster when it was full of scrubs. His was another terrible Burke contract. He's awful, especially for the price he comes at.

Yikes @ people who don't know a thing about Komisarek. Go ask Maple Leafs fans just how good he is at hockey.

Completely off base. Toronto would trade Komisarek for nothing, and would be thrilled to have gotten it done. Assuming he isn't their amnesty buyout this summer, he's nothing but a $4.5m albatross.

He does suck, a fact that any Leafs fan would attest to.

And signing an overpaid, underperforming defenseman is what's needed? Komisarek is not a match for any defenseman currently on the roster.

Komisarek was never an "offensive" guy while a Hab - just that the massive contract that Burke gave him led many fans thinking he could offer more, but they were wrong...He was a solid defensive minded/shot blocking Dman while in Montreal, and truth be told I could never figure out why he left (he was well liked, and if I remember correctly they offered almost as much as the Leafs).

Komisarek might've remained a respectable 2nd pairing Dman had he not left the Habs.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#24 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

Komisarek was never an "offensive" guy while a Hab - just that the massive contract that Burke gave him led many fans thinking he could offer more, but they were wrong...He was a solid defensive minded/shot blocking Dman while in Montreal, and truth be told I could never figure out why he left (he was well liked, and if I remember correctly they offered almost as much as the Leafs).

Komisarek might've remained a respectable 2nd pairing Dman had he not left the Habs.

Agreed.

Hope he can find a place to play. Mark Fraser took his spot and hasn't looked back. Who would be willing to take his contract? Yikes.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#25 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

There's a reason the Maple Leafs haven't been playing him. He's not good.

Ah...there it is.  He's big, but he's slow and terrible with the puck.  If you want WAYYY more bonehead penalties though, he's your guy.  He's worse than our current healthy scratch White.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#26 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Have to figure he's one of Toronto's buyouts come the off season.  Unless there's another team out there that thinks he can be the missing piece as a rental for a Stanley Cup run & will promptly buy him out in the off season themselves, the only way I see Toronto trading him is if they eat some of his salary in the trade to make him go away.

#27 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Have to figure he's one of Toronto's buyouts come the off season.  Unless there's another team out there that thinks he can be the missing piece as a rental for a Stanley Cup run & will promptly buy him out in the off season themselves, the only way I see Toronto trading him is if they eat some of his salary in the trade to make him go away.

Teams can only split salary, not cap hit, under the new CBA.

Edited by Crymson, 04 March 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#28 heyfolks

heyfolks

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

This teams needs skilled forwards not d'men, and especially not retread d'men.  They have 3 now (Huskins, Cola. and White).

#29 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Teams can only split salary, not cap hit, under the new CBA.

And that's why I typed salary, not cap hit.

#30 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Yikes!

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#31 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

The team that would probably take him is the Islanders.  They use the full cap hit to make sure they stay above the salary floor & have Toronto cover a chunk of his salary.

#32 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

The team that would probably take him is the Islanders.  They use the full cap hit to make sure they stay above the salary floor & have Toronto cover a chunk of his salary.

I am hoping they will take franzen to do the same.....

#33 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

I am hoping they will take franzen to do the same.....

If the Wings wanted to move Franzen (They don't) they wouldn't have any trouble doing so and they certainly wouldn't have to retain any of his salary. There is no shortage of teams out there who need scoring and he provides that at a good price.

His contract may be long but as far as the Wings are concerned that's not an issue either. He's loyal to the team so If he wants to retire early they would just put him on LTIR like the Flyers did with Pronger.

#34 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

If the Wings wanted to move Franzen (They don't) they wouldn't have any trouble doing so and they certainly wouldn't have to retain any of his salary. There is no shortage of teams out there who need scoring and he provides that at a good price.

His contract may be long but as far as the Wings are concerned that's not an issue either. He's loyal to the team so If he wants to retire early they would just put him on LTIR like the Flyers did with Pronger.

His contract would be an issue for another team though, I do believe....I would love to trade Franzine to the Isle for their 1st round pick....Garth Snow just may be that dumb too!

BTW, he doesn't provide much scoring anymore...he has 3 in 15 games...prorate that, it's roughly 17 in 82 games.  I will give him 20 considering he has that spurt once in a bit... His trade value is also on the decline...maybe we can get the Isle's 3rd rounder for him then?

just an observation...nearly every thread today has turned into a Franzine thread and I didn't start any of it! :lol: I hope the MODS are keeping tabs! :hysterical: (sorry mods not picking on you, but usually it IS me that turns the threads into Franzine talk! How Ironic, eh?)

Edited by LeftWinger, 05 March 2013 - 12:03 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#35 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

If he wants to retire, his cap hit will leave the books immediately. LTIR would not be necessary.

Pronger is on LTIR because he can't play.

#36 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

If he wants to retire, his cap hit will leave the books immediately. LTIR would not be necessary.

Pronger is on LTIR because he can't play.

Plus, Pronger signed that 35+ contract that keeps the cap hit if he retires...so LTIR is an absolute necessity for Philly...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#37 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

He didn't retire? Who knew?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#38 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

And that's why I typed salary, not cap hit.

Salary means vastly less to teams than cap hit does these days.

#39 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

I still don't like Q, but that's me, he is at least playing pretty solid right now,

I can respect this.