• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

if we can find a couple of power forwards.....

Rate this topic

Coming into the year, most of us really didn't know what to expect this year. far to many question marks. I thought anywhere from 6th to 10th is where we would finish up. baring changes I still think that. But we are also seeing clearly what our needs are. the D is coming along just fine. G is set and strong. We have several good small play makers. We lack big scoring forwards. In fact we need 3. We have 6 guys, that when healthy can provide 3 strong pairs of small playmakers: Dat, Z, Fil, Brunner, Tatar, and if they bring him up Nyquist. But they need some size to be put with them to work the best. Cleary can't do it, Abby is a checker, Andersson checker, Bert-done, franzen-lazy, sammy-walking MASH unit. That is about 15 million spent on 6 guys that can't do what we need. But it also is the amount needed to pay 3 good power forwards. the trick is, how to free up the money and aquire the players needed. We could have 3 good forward lines with the right moves. See below:

Power forward-datsyuk (playmaker)-Brunner (sniper)

Nyquist (playmaker)-Z (sniper/playmaker)-power forward

tatar (sniper)-Filppula (playmaker)-Power forward

4th line piece together out of Abby, Andersson, Sheahan, helm, Emmerton, TooToo, eaves, etc....

Now if you look at potential numbers of the top 6 that we have, yes datsyuk and Z are 70+ point guys. Brunner looks like a guy that can score 25-30 goals. tatar is a 20+ goal scorer. Nyquist is a passer and so is filppula.

The question is who and how? Would Umberger waive his NTC to come play on a line with datsyuk? Is Buf getting ready to sell off? if so would Stafford fit in on the 3rd with tatar and Filppula? Many possibilities, now Holland needs to get to work and find us the right mix of power forwars to go with the small skill guys.

Why stop at three?

Power Forward - Power Forward - Power Forward

I just assembled the best team evvveeerrrrrrrr

Edited by Z and D for the C

Power forwards don't just grow on trees. I like certain aspects of Umberger's game but at other times he seems like a very borderline 2nd/3rd line player. Also, I don't see him leaving Columbus and certainly not to a divisional opponent. Same as Nash.

Why stop at three?

I just assembled the best team evvveeerrrrrrrr

What about:

Dan Cleary - Danny Cleary - Danny boy

Cleary - Danny C - Daniel Cleary

Ol' Danny Cleary - Clears - Danny

Dan C - #11 - Danny "All heart" Cleary

upcoming free agent PFs

Iginla

Perry

Getzlaf

Jagr

Morrow

Penner

Antropov

Horton

Clowe

Clarkson

Knuble

Bickell

Anthony Stewart

Cleary

Meech

Lilja

:ph34r:

Shows you how there aren't any good power forwards anymore. Only true power forwards there are Iginla and Clowe. Others aren't power forwards or are washed up (Morrow).

When I think power forward, I think of Howe, Tocchet or Shanahan. Guy who can score, hit and fight.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Jagr???????

Not a traditional power forward. Like I said, big guys who can score, hit and fight. Jagr is big and can score, but he's never been an aggressive player. Not to mention, he's an old man.

Though I would take him for one season, just because he's an upgrade over our crap right now.

Shows you how there aren't any good power forwards anymore. Only true power forwards there are Iginla and Clowe. Others aren't power forwards or are washed up (Morrow).

When I think power forward, I think of Howe, Tocchet or Shanahan. Guy who can score, hit and fight.

Agree totally. I admit I was using the term rather loosly.

@Jagr.. he might be 40+ but he's got size and can protect the puck. That's a power forward for us. :paperbag3:

Let re-define then?

Big guys who can score and are willing to use their body.

It would be awesome if we could get Clarkson. I only found out about him through fantasy hockey, but he scored 30 goals last year, fights a lot, shoots a lot, is right handed. I don't know what else we could want. He's a gamer.

It would be awesome if we could get Clarkson. I only found out about him through fantasy hockey, but he scored 30 goals last year, fights a lot, shoots a lot, is right handed. I don't know what else we could want. He's a gamer.

Yeah, he's gotten much better. I used to think of him as a fighter, but he has become a "power forward" in the traditional sense . So I will revise my previous statement to include him.

Don't know why he'd be available, though.

My lineup:

Clowe - Z - Brunner

Tatar - Dats - Clarkson

Bickell - Helm - Tootoo

Miller - Andersson - Eaves

Kronwall - E

Smith - Deke

Murray - Lashoff

Clowe is not the answer. Clarkson is bang on, but Clowe is basically Abdelkader with slightly more offence. Bickell is also pretty good. The Getzlaf mention would be nice, but he'll likely re-sign with the Ducks. If he doesn't, throw him 6.5-7 per for 5 years.

Clowe is not the answer. Clarkson is bang on, but Clowe is basically Abdelkader with slightly more offence. Bickell is also pretty good. The Getzlaf mention would be nice, but he'll likely re-sign with the Ducks. If he doesn't, throw him 6.5-7 per for 5 years.

Clowe has scored 266 points in 413 games. Slightly more offense? And he's a really good fighter and hitter to boot.

He's had a really tough star to the season, but I wouldn't put him down to Abdelkader level yet.

Clowe would make it easier for Z and Brunner. He can hiy, fight and score 20-25 goals.

Would love to have Getzlaf but it's not going to happen.

What about:

The pathetic part is that Cleary-Dats-Abdelkader would still be a 4th line that team.

What about:

BEST WINGS LINEUP EVAR

upcoming free agent PFs

Iginla

Perry

Getzlaf

Jagr

Morrow

Penner

Antropov

Horton

Clowe

Clarkson

Knuble

Bickell

Anthony Stewart

Cleary

Meech

Lilja

:ph34r:

In all honesty, as much as I would love a couple of those names here, Holland has proven he is not interested in those types of players because he still believe Franzina circa 2008 is going to come back....and he still thinks Bert is a power forward when healthy...

We already had Knuble in the pre-season, could have had Jagr a couple of times already and he already passed on Stewart through the waiver wire...I'd take Morrow for the bottom six with Helm and Tootoo though...but Holland wouldn't. I like our kids, Bert and Sammy need to be bought out. Trade Franzina for a draft pick and then try to add another forward via UFA

Tatar - Dastyuk - Filppula

Brunner - Zetterberg - Nyquist

Morrow - Helm - Tootoo

Abby - Emmerton - Andersson

Eaves/Miller

I think that putting Tatar with Dats and putting Nyquist as another setup guy with Z and Brunner would be heads and tails better than what we have now. Putting someone like Morrow on with Helm and Tootoo would make that 3rd line a ***** to play against and they can also get about 30 goals between them...

I would love Perry here, but I don't even think Morrow will happen, let alone Perry. I think we will be stuck with Franzia, Bert and Sammy next year as well...

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest mjtm77

What about:

if we could have dats center thoes lines just imagine the amount of space that would be created for him

Guest The Axe

This Dan Cleary stuff is making my eyes water!!! He is SO bad as a top line winger. He looked awful today. He and Abdelkader are in need of demotions. Pavs needs better linemates.