• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

if we can find a couple of power forwards.....

Rate this topic

as much as I would love Perry here...getting beat up by Datsyuk automatically removes you from the power forward list.... :lol: just saying....but if that is the closest thing, then fine...I think of someone like David Backes more of a power forward though...

LOl.....sometime we should talk about what "winning" a fight means. hanging on and never really hitting a guy, ok. I love Datsyuk, but please. He did what he should've done. hang on, dog the punches, and when Perry got tired and off balance, take him to the ground.

Like hell he would. Those guys I mentioned would drop them with anyone.

Don't forget, Perry also fought Rafalski of all people. Guy is a spotpicking wuss.

I'm not doubting Shanny or Tocchet or Neely would drop with anyone.

Do those players play in NHL anymore? And when was that btw?

NHL is a bit different now compared to when all 3 of the guys you named were in the league.

Sorry again.

The unfortunate reality is that by todays standards Perry is a "power forward"...

With that being said - Gerard Gallant in his prime would tear Perry's head off, and **** down his neck.

This is what I am saying....if Perry is what describes a Power Forward in todays game, so be it, and I already said a million times I want Perry on this team, but when it comes down to definition of a true power forward, Perry is not it.

Last I checked Datsyuk knocked Perry to the ice....

I'm not doubting Shanny or Tocchet or Neely would drop with anyone.

Do those players play in NHL anymore? And when was that btw?

NHL is a bit different now compared to when all 3 of the guys you named were in the league.

Sorry again.

So basically, being a 6'3 spotpicker who scores goals and fights against non-fighters makes one a power forward in today's NHL?

You may be right in saying that's what today's league has become, but that's a pretty sad and pathetic outlook.

Why should I feel sorry if that's how you and others view Perry? Shame on you guys.

LOl.....sometime we should talk about what "winning" a fight means. hanging on and never really hitting a guy, ok. I love Datsyuk, but please. He did what he should've done. hang on, dog the punches, and when Perry got tired and off balance, take him to the ground.

Ya....Dats just hung on and waited for Perry to fall....I didn't see Datsyuk throw any punches at all...let alone land a couple. According to the description of Perry in this thread, he should have just beat the shiit out of Datsyuk then. In that fight he landed just as few punches as Datsyuk did. In this case, since Dats is nowhere near a fighter...he won.

This is what I am saying....if Perry is what describes a Power Forward in todays game, so be it, and I already said a million times I want Perry on this team, but when it comes down to definition of a true power forward, Perry is not it.

Last I checked Datsyuk knocked Perry to the ice....

Nothing against Dats cause he can do it all. Still not really knocking Perry to the ice and winnng the fight. BS,

Also for the record pretty chicken sh** on Perry for going after Dats in that game.

Ya....Dats just hung on and waited for Perry to fall....I didn't see Datsyuk throw any punches at all...let alone land a couple. According to the description of Perry in this thread, he should have just beat the shiit out of Datsyuk then. In that fight he landed just as few punches as Datsyuk did. In this case, since Dats is nowhere near a fighter...he won.

The point isn't in who won the fight (nobody), the point is the fight was a sad example of Corey Perry's supposed "toughness".

So basically, being a 6'3 spotpicker who scores goals and fights against non-fighters makes one a power forward in today's NHL?

You may be right in saying that's what today's league has become, but that's a pretty sad and pathetic outlook.

Why should I feel sorry if that's how you and others view Perry? Shame on you guys.

Yeah I guess shame on me and every other hockey fan I talk to in "real life." Cause everyone I know would take Perry in a heartbeat. And even most my Wild friends thing Perry is a PF. Sorry again.

And it might be sad and pathetic but the days of Tocchet, Neely and Shanny or whoever else you want to consider as a PF in todays NHL are extinct. Don't agree?

I know it's sad all around.

The point isn't in who won the fight (nobody), the point is the fight was a sad example of Corey Perry's supposed "toughness".

And that's a bad example of Perry's toughness cause it was against us and Dats.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest Crymson

upcoming free agent PFs

Iginla

Perry

Getzlaf

Jagr

Morrow

Penner

Antropov

Horton

Clowe

Clarkson

Knuble

Bickell

Anthony Stewart

Perry is a sniper, not a power forward; Getzlaf is certainly not a power forward (any Anaheim fan would laugh to see that assignation given him); Jagr is not a power forward; Morrow is old and fragile; Penner is generally garbage; Antropov is a wuss; San Jose fans hate Clowe this season; Clarkson isn't going anywhere; Knuble is long since old and washed up; Bickell is not a power forward; and Stewart is not a power forward.

Horton is a decent option, assuming Boston lets him go.

Perry is a sniper, not a power forward; Getzlaf is certainly not a power forward (any Anaheim fan would laugh to see that assignation given him); Jagr is not a power forward; Morrow is old and fragile; Penner is generally garbage; Antropov is a wuss; San Jose fans hate Clowe this season; Clarkson isn't going anywhere; Knuble is long since old and washed up; Bickell is not a power forward; and Stewart is not a power forward.

Horton is a decent option, assuming Boston lets him go.

Ya, its just like I said earlier, Perry is more of a scorer than a power forward...either way I would love him here....

Yeah I guess shame on me and every other hockey fan I talk to in "real life." Cause everyone I know would take Perry in a heartbeat. And even most my Wild friends thing Perry is a PF. Sorry again.

And it might be sad and pathetic but the days of Tocchet, Neely and Shanny or whoever else you want to consider as a PF in todays NHL are extinct. Don't agree?

I know it's sad all around.

And that's a bad example of Perry's toughness cause it was against us and Dats.

No, he's spotpicked against others teams. Look up his track record. And I doubt most informed fans would call him a power forward.

And thanks for being sorry so much.

So does everyone here think Franzen is a sniper? Since Perry isn't a "PF" he's a sniper?

Funny the numbers compared between them both. Especially the PIM numbers.

Franzen is supposed to be a sniper. He's not doing it too well.

No, he's spotpicked against others teams. Look up his track record. And I doubt most informed fans would call him a power forward.

And thanks for being sorry so much.

I'm sorry again :P

This is a Red Wings forum with Red Wing fans biased opinion's. You also don't think the Hawks are for real? Funny my brother called me tonight (die hard Sharks fan) and said the Hawks remind him of the 94 Wings team. Damn Sorry again.

So does everyone here think Franzen is a sniper? Since Perry isn't a "PF" he's a sniper?

Funny the numbers compared between them both. Especially the PIM numbers.

Uh...do you really need MY opinion of Franzia? To keep it clean, NO he is far from a sniper and FAR from a power forward...I will stop there.

This is a Red Wings forum with Red Wing fans biased opinion's. You also don't think the Hawks are for real? Funny my brother called me tonight (die hard Sharks fan) and said the Hawks remind him of the 94 Wings team. Damn Sorry again.

I guarantee you Wings fans aren't the only people who think Perry is a wimp and a spotpicker.

BTW, if we had a time machine to ten years ago, we'd have the best power forward in hockey sitting on our current roster in Bertuzzi.

Imagine that on Datsyuk's line.

I guarantee you Wings fans aren't the only people who think Perry is a wimp and a spotpicker.

Maybe so but still most NHL friends of mine would take Perry in a heartbeat.

Spotpicker or not what you say is true and maybe it is. So be it.

Still one of the best forwards in the league. Sad but true.

Uh...do you really need MY opinion of Franzia? To keep it clean, NO he is far from a sniper and FAR from a power forward...I will stop there.

No I don't honestly. I know where you stand thank you. But you can keep on complaining I don't mind lol

BTW, if we had a time machine to ten years ago, we'd have the best power forward in hockey sitting on our current roster in Bertuzzi.

Imagine that on Datsyuk's line.

Bert indeed was a different hockey player now compared to 10 years ago. You remember that first round in 02 vs the Nucks?

Bert use to be a powerhouse and yes a "Power Forward"

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

are you sure you are a Wings fan? I don't care either way, but you seem to get off by rubbing losses in our faces (the 94 Sharks and Datsyuk v. Neiderlander fight)

I will just say this...I will take the 94 loss to the Sharks, the Datsyuk v. Nederlander and Perry draws or losses, I will take the 95 sweep by the Devils and the 96 heartbreak the Av's because I have 4 Cups since we lost to the Avs, what do the Sharks have? Of course your brother is going to be bitter...what do the Hawks have? 1 Cup...as matter of fact, since the 05' lockout only two teams have been to the finals twice and they each won a Cup and since then the finals opponents and winners have all been different. I will take all that along with the 4 Cups, 6 Presidents Trophies and 21 straight playoffs...

St. Michael's Brother:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYfJ9vxx8os

:lol: Couldn't resist! BTW what exactly was it about the 94 Wings that reminds him of the Hawks? If anything he should refer to the 95 Wings or the 96 Wings for huge letdowns... Sure the Sharks beating the #1 seed Wings in 94 was an upset, but it was 7 games and Osgood was a rookie goalie...tell him to talk about the Wings when the Sharks manage to win a Cup or 4...

are you sure you are a Wings fan? I don't care either way, but you seem to get off by rubbing losses in our faces (the 94 Sharks and Datsyuk v. Neiderlander fight)

I will just say this...I will take the 94 loss to the Sharks, the Datsyuk v. Nederlander and Perry draws or losses, I will take the 95 sweep by the Devils and the 96 heartbreak the Av's because I have 4 Cups since we lost to the Avs, what do the Sharks have? Of course your brother is going to be bitter...what do the Hawks have? 1 Cup...as matter of fact, since the 05' lockout only two teams have been to the finals twice and they each won a Cup and since then the finals opponents and winners have all been different. I will take all that along with the 4 Cups, 6 Presidents Trophies and 21 straight playoffs...

St. Michael's Brother:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYfJ9vxx8os

:lol: Couldn't resist! BTW what exactly was it about the 94 Wings that reminds him of the Hawks? If anything he should refer to the 95 Wings or the 96 Wings for huge letdowns... Sure the Sharks beating the #1 seed Wings in 94 was an upset, but it was 7 games and Osgood was a rookie goalie...tell him to talk about the Wings when the Sharks manage to win a Cup or 4...

See the difference between you and me is besides us being both die hard Wings fans.

I'm a hockey fan in general and look at the game at all levels and aspects and from different teams perspectives compared to say someone like you. Just a Wings perspective BUT this is a Wings forum. lol

No sh** Sherlock the reason why I bring up our negatives Ozzie's blunder in 94 the Sweep in 95, Avs in 96 those hurt a lot and are memorable and don't go away. As is the Cup Wins however those sting with me the most and stick with cause they happened FIRST. Had to go through some sh** to win it all.

Yes.

Well, fast forward to now...nothing stings more than watching this team struggle to score goals...I have said it all season long, and before the season, Corey Perry would be great here and I have always beat the drum of Bobby Ryan. Power Forward or not, I would take both of those guys over what we have playing with Datsyuk now AND Franzia...

For the right price, Holland would be insane to not try and get Iginla as our "win it for __" candidate. He'd add a nice dimension to our attack.

I would like that as well, but man, at what cost?

Guest Crymson

For the right price, Holland would be insane to not try and get Iginla as our "win it for __" candidate. He'd add a nice dimension to our attack.

... at a premium price. Probably not worth it.

No need to force a trade or signing. It may not be a popular strategy but I believe Holland is content with being a 5th place team every year because we are rebuilding. This is how the wings rebuild. Just look at how our defense has changed and the future looks very promising. Holland knows we need top end talent and size in the top 6 but just overpaying someone cause they're available is not the right way to do it. Of course holland will inquire about these FA's but if they want too much then we will just have to wait. All the while our prospects become assets. You have to look at the big picture.

this thread is a ridiculous attempt to play gm.

a month ago, we didn't need offense, we needed to buy out and trade 4 of our defensemen for yandle and bouwmeester. Now the same d-core is fine and we need to magically get 3 power forwards (for whatever reason) Everytime this team doesn't perform exactly the way the LGW executive gm's want, they sell off the whole farm and the milk, to bring in a horse. Our offense is fine, we had a lot of great opportunities today, but we hit a hot goalie, Zetterberg has seemingly hit a bit of a rut, but he'll be fine. My only concern is moving abby and cleary of the second line, I'd rather have anyone else up there, literally anyone, even Gustavsson would do a better job on datsyuk's wing...