• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

if we can find a couple of power forwards.....

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Ive said this before, but the Datsyuk Perry fight is what made me like him. Holmstrom was being his normal Swedish ***** self and taking pot shots at the Ducks while Dats was trying to settle things down. Perry saw it as Dats trying to hold the guy back so Holmstrom could do his fairy boy tactics. He immediately got pissed and grabbed Datsyuk without thinking about the long term repercussions. He then realized that if he were to smash Pasha's face in, he'd be hated forever league wide, so he took it easy and let Pasha draw with him. Perry totally backed off in that fight once he realized he was fighting Dats. Cool move.

Guest The Axe

For the right price, Holland would be insane to not try and get Iginla as our "win it for __" candidate. He'd add a nice dimension to our attack.

Iginla is at the stage now where Calgary needs to keep him. He's a retired number for them. Trading him now would be bad for the flames.

He will drop the gloves with anyone.

You've got to be kidding. He's one of biggest spotpickers in the league. He's fought guys like Datsyuk, Rafalski, Jay McLement, Brent Burns, Derek Morris, and Gilbert Brule. Fought Stephane Robidas earlier in the season. Robidas has like 10 career fights and he's played over 800 games.

Scoring goals and occasionally smacking a finesse guy with your purse doesn't make you a power forward. Perry is a fraud. He's gifted with the puck, no doubt, but no way in hell is he a power forward.

I'm not just a fan of the Wings. So this isn't just blind hate for Perry. I watch all teams. Power forwards are guys like David Clarkson, Ryane Clowe, and Wayne Simmonds.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

You've got to be kidding. He's one of biggest spotpickers in the league. He's fought guys like Datsyuk, Rafalski, Jay McLement, Brent Burns, Derek Morris, and Gilbert Brule. Fought Stephane Robidas earlier in the season. Robidas has like 10 career fights and he's played over 800 games.

Scoring goals and occasionally smacking a finesse guy with your purse doesn't make you a power forward. Perry is a fraud. He's gifted with the puck, no doubt, but no way in hell is he a power forward.

I'm not just a fan of the Wings. So this isn't just blind hate for Perry. I watch all teams. Power forwards are guys like David Clarkson, Ryane Clowe, and Wayne Simmonds.

But I thought todays power forwards were Joe Thornton, Johan Franzen and Nik Antropov? :lol:

A guy I'd like would be Jakub Voracek. He's kind of the Power Forward playmaking goal scorer that Franzen was supposed to be. Philly won't be letting him go anytime soon though. Columbus looks better with every trade they make!

Guest Johnz96

Shows you how there aren't any good power forwards anymore. Only true power forwards there are Iginla and Clowe. Others aren't power forwards or are washed up (Morrow).

When I think power forward, I think of Howe, Tocchet or Shanahan. Guy who can score, hit and fight.

Stewart can score, hit and fight

The problem with this theory (IMO) has always been that there are so few true power forwards.

Sure there are a lot of BIG forwards, Mule, Thornton, etc...

But how many true power forwards like Lucic are in the league?

But yeah if the Wings could find a way to get a Lucic type power forward or two it would help immensely!

Also if they could find a sniper or two that wouldn't be so bad, you know a guy who is (again) what we all thought Franzen would be.

Hossa nets that shot in the third, why on earth Franzen went far side when he had the whole upper half of near side wide open, and then goes on to tell Crawford that he was lucky to make the save.

BS.

I am so tired of hearing the phrase:

"The wings really need more from Franzen" or "The wings really need Franzen to get it going".

He is starting to become a very replaceable piece living off of the legends of 3 or 4 playoffs ago.

^ Something I seen happening since they re-signed him. His played has steadily declined since that signing and he is on a fast track to garbage...I am so glad everyone is seeing it now. It took a while for everyone to see Hudler for what he was and now you all are coming around with Franzia... I like it!

Guest Johnz96

^ Something I seen happening since they re-signed him. His played has steadily declined since that signing and he is on a fast track to garbage...I am so glad everyone is seeing it now. It took a while for everyone to see Hudler for what he was and now you all are coming around with Franzia... I like it!

You mean Jiri 15 points in 17 games now that he is finally getting some ice-time Hudler?

My biggest issue with Franzen is the same one I had with a former Red Wing who happened to be Russian and happened to slack off quite a bit. The difference being that talent wise the Russian version was LIGHT YEARS ahead of Franzen.

It is like Franzen decided to play down to his cap hit!

My biggest issue with Franzen is the same one I had with a former Red Wing who happened to be Russian and happened to slack off quite a bit. The difference being that talent wise the Russian version was LIGHT YEARS ahead of Franzen.

It is like Franzen decided to play down to his cap hit!

yes, that certain Russian was baffling on some nights...

Maybe Franzia thinks he deserves more money now that there is a certain guy who score 30 goals making $12M right now and he is only making $5.2M...

Iginla would be great. But if he chooses to leave Calgary (NTC) it will be too a cup contender. Sports Net West talks that he might go to the Pens. The Flames will want a boat load for him and at this point in his career I am not sure he would be worth it.

You mean Jiri 15 points in 17 games now that he is finally getting some ice-time Hudler?

Yes. Glad he is doing well. As long as he is doing well somewhere else. He f***ed the Wings over in 2009 and I have hated him ever since. This is a team, not an individual. Holland offered him $3.5M which was way overpayment and he opted for arbitration because he wanted more...then he left for Russia. I have no room on my team for individuals, so long Hudler, I hope you score 50 goals, just don't EVER try to put on the Wings sweater EVER again...

Guest Johnz96

Yes. Glad he is doing well. As long as he is doing well somewhere else. He f***ed the Wings over in 2009 and I have hated him ever since. This is a team, not an individual. Holland offered him $3.5M which was way overpayment and he opted for arbitration because he wanted more...then he left for Russia. I have no room on my team for individuals, so long Hudler, I hope you score 50 goals, just don't EVER try to put on the Wings sweater EVER again...

He wanted more ice-time

Guest The Axe

Hudler is no better than Franzen, Brunner, Filppula, or Samuelsson. No reason to mourn his loss.

The pathetic part is that Cleary-Dats-Abdelkader would still be a 4th line that team.

Cleary will be UFA and if he is resigned I will be so pissed, I will cancel NHL Center Ice......

this thread is a ridiculous attempt to play gm.

a month ago, we didn't need offense, we needed to buy out and trade 4 of our defensemen for yandle and bouwmeester. Now the same d-core is fine and we need to magically get 3 power forwards (for whatever reason) Everytime this team doesn't perform exactly the way the LGW executive gm's want, they sell off the whole farm and the milk, to bring in a horse. Our offense is fine, we had a lot of great opportunities today, but we hit a hot goalie, Zetterberg has seemingly hit a bit of a rut, but he'll be fine. My only concern is moving abby and cleary of the second line, I'd rather have anyone else up there, literally anyone, even Gustavsson would do a better job on datsyuk's wing...

Then why are you here? If sitting in 6th or 7th place is fine with you, then sit down, be quite and sing kum by ya. All is perfect in RW land. 5 years and counting..... BTW if you would bother to look I have been very consistant in my thoughts. I thought the D would be fine over the long haul-needed time to develop it is/has, and that the O was going to be an issue regardless of the injuries. I also said tatar and Nyqist are 40 pont per year guys, which guess what. Tatar has 7 points in 14 games. That would be 41 points over 82 games. Now can he maintain that level now that the league has seen him and he is part of their gameplan every game. Will be interesting to find out.

Then why are you here? If sitting in 6th or 7th place is fine with you, then sit down, be quite and sing kum by ya. All is perfect in RW land. 5 years and counting..... BTW if you would bother to look I have been very consistant in my thoughts. I thought the D would be fine over the long haul-needed time to develop it is/has, and that the O was going to be an issue regardless of the injuries. I also said tatar and Nyqist are 40 pont per year guys, which guess what. Tatar has 7 points in 14 games. That would be 41 points over 82 games. Now can he maintain that level now that the league has seen him and he is part of their gameplan every game. Will be interesting to find out.

Another way to look at it is this: with more offensive-minded line-mates, and more minutes (his line played less than any other line vs Chicago), what happens to his production, hmmmm?

Edit to add: A 3rd line winger who projects to 40 pts over an 82 game season is ******* awesome btw.

Edited by rick zombo

Guest Johnz96

41 point pace as a rookie, playing with bottom 6 forwards for less than 12 mins a game. Nobody can keep up a half a point a game pace playing less than 12 mins. I don't think it's ever been done, not even when the goalie equipment was much smaller

Another way to look at it is this: with more offensive-minded line-mates, and more minutes (his line played less than any other line vs Chicago), what happens to his production, hmmmm?

Edit to add: A 3rd line winger who projects to 40 pts over an 82 game season isf****** awesome btw.

Its solid yes. The minutes argument is as old as time itself. if a guy can produce with low minutes he should produce with more. but it doesn't always happen. On the 3rd line you are not playing against other teams #1 line very often. Which can have a negative impact. also with tatar lack of size can he take more of a pounding and still produce? No one knows. Thats why i asked the question, can his production continue? To soon to know one way or the other. The best part of tatar so far is his energy. Much better than other more highly paid vets.

You know another player that had 35 points in 70 games while playing bottom 6 minutes?

Or another wing that had 44 in in 79 games while playing 16 minutes a night?

Hint... Hint... They are our best players.

Not saying Nyquist and Tatar are going to be hall of famers, but nothing they've done yet this early in their career has given the indication that they are just 40 point a year guys.

Guest Johnz96

Its solid yes. The minutes argument is as old as time itself. if a guy can produce with low minutes he should produce with more. but it doesn't always happen. On the 3rd line you are not playing against other teams #1 line very often. Which can have a negative impact. also with tatar lack of size can he take more of a pounding and still produce? No one knows. Thats why i asked the question, can his production continue? To soon to know one way or the other. The best part of tatar so far is his energy. Much better than other more highly paid vets.

More minutes = more points almost all the time. Show me a player who has averaged half a point a game and played less than 12 mins.