Photo
- - - - -

if we can find a couple of power forwards.....

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#41 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Dirk Nowitzki's a good option. Pretty good shooter.

Plus he's a 35 year old European. Will fit right in

bringit.jpg

#42 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Dirk Nowitzki's a good option. Pretty good shooter.

Nah.  We have poor luck with Germans.

Look at Krupp.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#43 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Isn't Franzen our power forward :crazy:

Shows you how there aren't any good power forwards anymore. Only true power forwards there are Iginla and Clowe.  Others aren't power forwards or are washed up (Morrow).  

When I think power forward, I think of Howe, Tocchet or Shanahan.  Guy who can score, hit and fight.  

Agreed.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#44 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Look at the first page if you want my definition of a "power forward" in a traditional sense.

Don't know where I mentioned Tatar's name.

Oh I'm sorry I don't know what a power forward is.

And me mentionoing Tatar's name as a PF was a joke

FYI

#45 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Oh I'm sorry I don't know what a power forward is.

And me mentionoing Tatar's name as a PF was a joke

FYI

If Tatar fused together with Franzen, then we might have some kind of power forward.

Maybe.  

#46 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

I highly doubt it.

My point was/is you saying Perry is a puss is wrong.

If you have beef against Perry for whatever reason fighting Dats a couple of seasons ago or whatever. So be it.

Maybe you just don't like him? Fair enough, I hate him. However he's still tough as nails to play against and goes to the net hard.

Maybe you are right now thinking about it. Not Holland's type of player. My bad.

#47 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

I highly doubt it.

My point was/is you saying Perry is a puss is wrong.

If you have beef against Perry for whatever reason fighting Dats a couple of seasons ago or whatever. So be it.

Maybe you just don't like him? Fair enough, I hate him. However he's still tough as nails to play against and goes to the net hard.

Maybe you are right now thinking about it. Not Holland's type of player. My bad.

No, I just don't think of Perry as a power forward.  Like I said, it's a Tocchet, Shanny, Neely type of player.  Those guys were all way more physical than him and were real fighters, not whimps posing as fighters.

I guess the definition of a power forward has changed nowadays, which is why people don't understand how old school fans like me can't see Perry as a real power forward.  

#48 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

LOL.

Yeah no offense I'm sure you are old school. First hockey game I was at Sharks vs Wings at the Cow Palace in San Fran (sorry) 91. Dad is a die hard hockey fan Oakland Seals era and never looked back. I know something about old school hockey brah.

Perry is a power forward in this NHL era and not a wimp. He will drop the gloves with anyone. He can do it all.

Sorry.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 03 March 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#49 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

as much as I would love Perry here...getting beat up by Datsyuk automatically removes you from the power forward list.... :lol: just saying....but if that is the closest thing, then fine...I think of someone like David Backes more of a power forward though...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#50 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

The unfortunate reality is that by todays standards Perry is a "power forward"...

With that being said - Gerard Gallant in his prime would tear Perry's head off, and **** down his neck.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#51 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Sad that people on this forum don't find Perry a "Power Forward". I'm shocked.

For the record on the Dats/Perry fight. It's not like Dats won that fight against Perry lol. Dats stood his ground much like the Scott Niedermayer fight. Oh damn. Sorry again.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 03 March 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#52 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

LOL.

Yeah no offense I'm sure you are old school. First hockey game I was at Sharks vs Wings at the Cow Palace in San Fran (sorry) 91. Dad is a die hard hockey fan Oakland Seals era and never looked back. I know something about old school hockey brah.

Perry is a power forward in this NHL era and not a wimp. He will drop the gloves with anyone. He can do it all.

Sorry.

Like hell he would.  Those guys I mentioned would drop them with anyone.  

Don't forget, Perry also fought Rafalski of all people. Guy is a spotpicking wuss.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 03 March 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#53 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

as much as I would love Perry here...getting beat up by Datsyuk automatically removes you from the power forward list.... :lol: just saying....but if that is the closest thing, then fine...I think of someone like David Backes more of a power forward though...

LOl.....sometime we should talk about what "winning" a fight means. hanging on and never really hitting a guy, ok. I love Datsyuk, but please. He did what he should've done. hang on, dog the punches, and when Perry got tired and off balance, take him to the ground.

#54 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Like hell he would.  Those guys I mentioned would drop them with anyone.  

Don't forget, Perry also fought Rafalski of all people. Guy is a spotpicking wuss.

I'm not doubting Shanny or Tocchet or Neely would drop with anyone.

Do those players play in NHL anymore? And when was that btw?

NHL is a bit different now compared to when all 3 of the guys you named were in the league.

Sorry again.

#55 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

The unfortunate reality is that by todays standards Perry is a "power forward"...

With that being said - Gerard Gallant in his prime would tear Perry's head off, and **** down his neck.

This is what I am saying....if Perry is what describes a Power Forward in todays game, so be it, and I already said a million times I want Perry on this team, but when it comes down to definition of a true power forward, Perry is not it.

Last I checked Datsyuk knocked Perry to the ice....

www.thinkdunes.com

#56 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

I'm not doubting Shanny or Tocchet or Neely would drop with anyone.

Do those players play in NHL anymore? And when was that btw?

NHL is a bit different now compared to when all 3 of the guys you named were in the league.

Sorry again.

So basically, being a 6'3 spotpicker who scores goals and fights against non-fighters makes one a power forward in today's NHL?

You may be right in saying that's what today's league has become, but that's a pretty sad and pathetic outlook.  

Why should I feel sorry if that's how you and others view Perry?  Shame on you guys.  

#57 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

LOl.....sometime we should talk about what "winning" a fight means. hanging on and never really hitting a guy, ok. I love Datsyuk, but please. He did what he should've done. hang on, dog the punches, and when Perry got tired and off balance, take him to the ground.

Ya....Dats just hung on and waited for Perry to fall....I didn't see Datsyuk throw any punches at all...let alone land a couple.  According to the description of Perry in this thread, he should have just beat the shiit out of Datsyuk then.  In that fight he landed just as few punches as Datsyuk did. In this case, since Dats is nowhere near a fighter...he won.

www.thinkdunes.com

#58 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

This is what I am saying....if Perry is what describes a Power Forward in todays game, so be it, and I already said a million times I want Perry on this team, but when it comes down to definition of a true power forward, Perry is not it.

Last I checked Datsyuk knocked Perry to the ice....

Nothing against Dats cause he can do it all. Still not really knocking Perry to the ice and winnng the fight. BS,

Also for the record pretty chicken sh** on Perry for going after Dats in that game.

#59 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Ya....Dats just hung on and waited for Perry to fall....I didn't see Datsyuk throw any punches at all...let alone land a couple.  According to the description of Perry in this thread, he should have just beat the shiit out of Datsyuk then.  In that fight he landed just as few punches as Datsyuk did. In this case, since Dats is nowhere near a fighter...he won.

The point isn't in who won the fight (nobody), the point is the fight was a sad example of Corey Perry's supposed "toughness".  

#60 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

So basically, being a 6'3 spotpicker who scores goals and fights against non-fighters makes one a power forward in today's NHL?

You may be right in saying that's what today's league has become, but that's a pretty sad and pathetic outlook.  

Why should I feel sorry if that's how you and others view Perry?  Shame on you guys.  

Yeah I guess shame on me and every other hockey fan I talk to in "real life." Cause everyone I know would take Perry in a heartbeat. And even most my Wild friends thing Perry is a PF. Sorry again.

And it might be sad and pathetic but the days of Tocchet, Neely and Shanny or whoever else you want to consider as a PF in todays NHL are extinct. Don't agree?  

I know it's sad all around.

The point isn't in who won the fight (nobody), the point is the fight was a sad example of Corey Perry's supposed "toughness".  

And that's a bad example of Perry's toughness cause it was against us and Dats.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 03 March 2013 - 11:28 PM.