• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

This should scare us all......

Rate this topic

The only sourced piece of "information" in that link was that Flip wants 4.5 million a season. He then speculates that its too rich for the Wings, and that the Wings won't be willing to pay Cleary 2.8 million a season.

Its all just the opinion of a writer who doesn't even cover the Red Wings.

I don't see any reason to be scared until we hear there are contract talks happening between Cleary's agent and Wings Management.

The only sourced piece of "information" in that link was that Flip wants 4.5 million a season. He then speculates that its too rich for the Wings, and that the Wings won't be willing to pay Cleary 2.8 million a season.

Its all just the opinion of a writer who doesn't even cover the Red Wings.

I don't see any reason to be scared until we hear there are contract talks happening between Cleary's agent and Wings Management.

Like I said, just rumors. The part about "other GM's know about datsyuk going home" Is the real scary part.

Like I said, just rumors. The part about "other GM's know about datsyuk going home" Is the real scary part.

Datsyuk's own agent has indicated the exact opposite. Not sure how "other GM's" would know more than he does.

Datsyuk's own agent has indicated the exact opposite. Not sure how "other GM's" would know more than he does.

Becasue after all, agents NEVER Lie....... I mean, what would the bargining position be? Hi, I am here to negotiate datsyuk's next contract. We want 5 years and 35 million dollars. But pavel wants to return home in 1 year. Or 2 or 3....... How do you think that will play?

BTW Scott Boras is on line 2, he has the best closer in baseball over the last 3 years ready to sign a new deal for the Tigers.

Edited by Richdg

...if Cleary is re-signed, frick this team! Talk about taking up a roster space from someone who deserves it...Holland needs to be fired if he re-signs Cleary....period.

Say goodbye to Dats if Holland does nothing to make this team better and Dats is stuck playing with garbage like Cleary...

$4.5M is fine for Filppula. I don't see why the Wings would say its too much, it's only $1.0M more than his salary is now. In my opinion any lower would be a low-ball. Flip can get $5M on the market easily...

Actual Quote: “They know that’s a possibility,” said one NHL executive.

An NHL executive is different from a GM, and it is one guy's opinion. Larry Murphy said on a broadcast this year that he believes Datsyuk will stay another 4 years. I would think he would no more than one random executive. To me, that sounds like an opinion from a guy with no inside information and was asked to speculate. But who knows.

Edited by cupforwings

Actual Quote: “They know that’s a possibility,” said one NHL executive.

An NHL executive is different from a GM, and it is one guy's opinion. Larry Murphy said on a broadcast this year that he believes Datsyuk will stay another 4 years. I would think he would no more than one random executive. To me, that sounds like an opinion from a guy with no inside information and was asked to speculate. But who knows.

It might have been an Eklund "source".

That's about all I got from the article as well, pretty much zero validity here.

...if Cleary is re-signed, frick this team! Talk about taking up a roster space from someone who deserves it...Holland needs to be fired if he re-signs Cleary....period.

Say goodbye to Dats if Holland does nothing to make this team better and Dats is stuck playing with garbage like Cleary...

$4.5M is fine for Filppula. I don't see why the Wings would say its too much, it's only $1.0M more than his salary is now. In my opinion any lower would be a low-ball. Flip can get $5M on the market easily...

So if Flip is worth 4.5-5M in your mind then what will Brunner get? Brunner has a lot more upside to his game. I am not sure that Flip is worth 4.5 to this team and can be replaced for less money with Andy, Tatar, and Gus.

So if Flip is worth 4.5-5M in your mind then what will Brunner get? Brunner has a lot more upside to his game. I am not sure that Flip is worth 4.5 to this team and can be replaced for less money with Andy, Tatar, and Gus.

That is fine too, I am just saying, considering he makes $3.5M now, a $1M increase is not too much...Filppula got his current contract before he had his breakout year, so I am assuming Brunner will get $3.5M to $4M here. Hopefully that is enough to keep him around to help bring this team back to the Cup...as a matter of fact, Fil got a 5 year $15M deal with a cap hit of $3M. If Brunner got 5 yrs $20M I wouldn't be upset...Although he could command upwards of $5M per...

of course with only $17M in cap space available next year, we cannot be giving $10M of it to Fil and Brunner, so really something may have to give with Fil...

Edited by LeftWinger

Why bother even taking the risk? We have nearly 18 million in cap space next year. A bit of a raise for Filppula won't change anything much. And if those players can ever match his output, it'll still be a few years away.

if Holland does the right thing and buys out Bert and Sammy, that frees up $5M right there

The chance of that happening is around 0%.

If Bert's injury is bad enough that his career is threatened he'll go on LTIR until his contract is up and Sammy would only be bought out if we landed a big fish FA who put us over the cap.

Even then he might not be the first option to buy out depending on how much salary they needed to cut.

The chance of that happening is around 0%.

If Bert's injury is bad enough that his career is threatened he'll go on LTIR until his contract is up and Sammy would only be bought out if we landed a big fish FA who put us over the cap.

Even then he might not be the first option to buy out depending on how much salary they needed to cut.

I totally agree, I know he won't buy them out, but it is still the right thing to do if he wants to keep Filppula and Brunner long term...

Unless they both sign 1 year deals with a slight raise until there is more cap open the following year...but that only happened when the Yzerman's and Shanahan's were around, that shiit don't happen now...

Edited by LeftWinger

I don't see Brunner getting a long term deal yet. He'll likely get a short deal to see how he handles a full NHL season before he gets a big contract.

I also don't think the WIngs have any serious cap problems where buying someone out becomes necessary. 18 Million should be enough to re-sign Brunner, Flip, Howard, Kindl, Andersson, Nyquist and Smith.

Becasue after all, agents NEVER Lie....... I mean, what would the bargining position be? Hi, I am here to negotiate datsyuk's next contract. We want 5 years and 35 million dollars. But pavel wants to return home in 1 year. Or 2 or 3....... How do you think that will play?

BTW Scott Boras is on line 2, he has the best closer in baseball over the last 3 years ready to sign a new deal for the Tigers.

.......uhhhh why would Datsyuk's agent want good bargaining position for a contract if Datsyuk doesn't want a contract?

Just a random thought..... But what if Winnipeg was willing to trade Byfuglien... Would we be interested?

yes-as a forward. our D looks pretty good right now. Would fill Hommers role nicely. Speaking for myself of course, and what they want in trade.

.......uhhhh why would Datsyuk's agent want good bargaining position for a contract if Datsyuk doesn't want a contract?

think this through for a second. Lets pretend Datsyuk wants to play 1 more year and make 7 million for it. The RW's have another player they like that wants to sign for 6-7 million for multiple years. But the wings only have 7 million to spend. In this case datsyuk has no bargining power at all. To the point he would have to play for someone else. As an agent, your client is always the best and is planning on playing for as long as possible. Any time there is the slightest hint of something else, your client loses his power and thus money/contracts.

Now I have no idea what is going to happen. I hope datsyuk stays and plays for another 5 + years. This is something that MI and KH need to find out asap. If he is going home, we need to know so we can plan accordingly. same if he stays.

think this through for a second. Lets pretend Datsyuk wants to play 1 more year and make 7 million for it. The RW's have another player they like that wants to sign for 6-7 million for multiple years. But the wings only have 7 million to spend. In this case datsyuk has no bargining power at all. To the point he would have to play for someone else. As an agent, your client is always the best and is planning on playing for as long as possible. Any time there is the slightest hint of something else, your client loses his power and thus money/contracts.

Now I have no idea what is going to happen. I hope datsyuk stays and plays for another 5 + years. This is something that MI and KH need to find out asap. If he is going home, we need to know so we can plan accordingly. same if he stays.

Yeah that makes sense in the strange and unlikely hypothetical that he won't jump ship at 34 but for some reason would jump ship at 35. He is absolutely beloved in Russia and could make gobs of money over there if that's what he wanted... however he's never been one of those money guys, seems unlikely he'd start being like that now.

​The only statement he's made is that he said it would be nice to finish his career in Russia. AKA pull a Fedorov and play in the KHL from 40-43.