• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

I think you are misunderstanding fact with opinion.

You have no more insight into Lidstrom's decision to retire than I or anyone else here does. I don't think the lock-out or the talent level of the Wings had anything to do with Lidstrom's decision to hang them up. He was 42, and didn't have the motivation to go through another training camp. 

Also from what I've read about Datsyuk recently he has requested players like Holmstrom and Bertuzzi on his line because their size creates space for him to maneuver. I don't think he's as upset with who he's playing with as we are. Although I'm sure we both agree that Cleary and Abdelkader are certainly not the line-mates he should be playing with.

All last season Lidstrom talked about moving home to spend more time with his family.  Im pritty sure Kenny knew he was leaving, I dont think Lidstrom is the type of guy who would just bail. 

#42 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Oh I beg to differ...Lids still maintains a friendship with Manny and I just happen to be quite good friends with Manny's Father in law...so yes, I do have more insight than you and most others...and these two issues were a huge part of his decision. They may have been only part of the decision, but guarantee, from God's mouth to your ears, they were part of the reason he left.

Well clearly your 3rd hand hearsay is irrefutable evidence then.

#43 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Well clearly your 3rd hand hearsay is irrefutable evidence then.

Not that I need to argue with you over it, but Manny and Chris (his in law) are together all the time. It's not like he just visits on the holiday. But that's ok, because since Manny is a Cup Champion nobody around here could possibly know him personally, or even be a close friend of his family, because there is no way that his in law would need to work for a living and have friends right? Dude, people are people. Everyone knows someone and it is not out of the question that someone knows a hockey player.....  I guess me and my wife weren't a guest of both of them a few years ago at the Joe when Manny came to town when he played for Carolina.. I guess I have never hung out with them either.  I guess when I go to a game with Chris, who still has plenty of friends at the Joe, I guess I don't get to park in the players lot and enter the building through the same door they do and get free access to the Olympia room....but ya, Manny is just going to make up a lie about his friend and the reason's he gave for retiring when he was still on top of his game....you're right, I have no insight about anything....i'm busted, damn!

Edited by LeftWinger, 05 March 2013 - 06:39 AM.

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 0.333 PPG

#44 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

Like I said: RUMORS but scary rumors at that.....

Rumors.

Rumors.

Rumors.

#45 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

Edited by Zetts, 05 March 2013 - 01:51 AM.

#46 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

I think I will throw up if Cleary is re-signed.

I may not renew NHL gamecenter or re-start my cable next hockey season if that bum re-signs.  I've had more than enough of him being useless and falling all over the place watching Dats be a 1 man show.  Time to turn the page.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#47 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

I wouldn't trade Datsyuk under any circumstance whatsoever. If the WIngs are shopping him every team in the league will know why and it would drive the price down exponentially. 

If he's retiring I'd look to move some prospects/picks for a player who can step in right away, if he's coming back I let my talent develop as they have been and slot them in when they are ready.

Just a what if.  Say Pavel goes to Kenny sometime next season & says he's done, Ovechkin is looking like his old self in Washington, the Caps are Cup contenders, & George McPhee comes calling with an offer.  They think Pavel is the last piece to getting them The Cup that season and that they might have better shot of re-signing him if he's playing with Ovechkin, so they offer a package of Nicklas Backstrom, John Carlson, and prospects/picks.  You still wouldn't consider it then?  

Anyone can be traded if the circumstances & return line up correctly.  

Edited by ogreslayer, 05 March 2013 - 09:25 AM.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#48 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

I may not renew NHL gamecenter or re-start my cable next hockey season if that bum re-signs.  I've had more than enough of him being useless and falling all over the place watching Dats be a 1 man show.  Time to turn the page.

#retweet exactly.

#49 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Just a what if.  Say Pavel goes to Kenny sometime next season & says he's done, Ovechkin is looking like his old self in Washington, the Caps are Cup contenders, & George McPhee comes calling with an offer.  They think Pavel is the last piece to getting them The Cup that season and that they might have better shot of re-signing him if he's playing with Ovechkin, so they offer a package of Nicklas Backstrom, John Carlson, and prospects/picks.  You still wouldn't consider it then?  

That is the point. Everyone can be moved in the right deal. Hell Gretzky was. To let a great player walk away for NOTHING is dumb. Be it retirment, free agency, whatever. To not know of said future plans and not have a plan in place is criminal.

#50 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

I guess I should have said I wouldn't shop Datsyuk under any circumstances, I'd still listen to any trade offer that came my way and that one would be interesting depending on who the prospects were. I wouldn't have any interest in getting picks from a team that would have both Datsyuk and Ovechkin on it though.