• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Wingnut in WA

Wingnut in WA

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

So I'm from Spokane, Wa and as we all know, Bill Peters used to coach my hometown junior team the Spokane Chiefs.

Long story short, a season ticket holder of the chiefs that I'm friends with knows Bill Peters and hooked me up with Bill. After the game my wife and I are getting a personal tour of the locker room and might meet some players.

If all goes according to plan I will post some epic pictures In this topic tomorrow night!!

Cheers🍻

Edited by Wingnut in WA, 04 March 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#2 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Its awesome that you have this opportunity and you're willing to share it with us. 

Hope all goes as planned!

Also, tell Franzen LGW wants him to work harder.  And do it in front of Babs.

#3 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

While in front of Babs I'd also appreciate you asking him why Datsyuk is playing with the 4th line.

#4 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

While in front of Babs I'd also appreciate you asking him why Datsyuk is playing with the 4th line.

See if you get the same "No" Babs gave the press when he was asked Sunday if he'd ever consider playing Tatar & Andersson with Pavs.  I'm sure he would looooooove that.

#5 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Me too in the 3rd row of 119.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#6 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

Very cool.  Have a great time!

Ironically, I'll be in from Washington too, for this Thursday's game, then will stay in town for my 18 yr old nephew's State Championship Playoffs in Mt Clemens Fri, Sat, Sun. 

We'll be in the upper bowl, though, none of this awesome locker room stuff. 

#7 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

No way, I'll be in suite for tomorrow's game and was supposed to get into the locker room as well, but my hook up is busy tomorrow and bailed on me at the last minute. Looks like I'll just be stuck in that stinky old suite  :glare: enjoy the locker room tour for me!

#8 kiwi wingnut

kiwi wingnut

Draftee

• 12 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

As a long time lurker of these forums - I might as well join in and say I'll be going too.  Being a displaced New Zealander currently living in Mexico, I don't have any wicked connections that can get me a backstage pass, strangely enough...

But the dream of many many years, to see the Wings at the Joe, is finally about to come true.  So I am pretty damned excited right about now!

#9 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

As a long time lurker of these forums - I might as well join in and say I'll be going too.  Being a displaced New Zealander currently living in Mexico, I don't have any wicked connections that can get me a backstage pass, strangely enough...

But the dream of many many years, to see the Wings at the Joe, is finally about to come true.  So I am pretty damned excited right about now!

Thats an awesome post Kiwi:) have a great time and soak it all in, hope you have a blast!!!

#10 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Have fun bro :bye:

#11 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

I remember traveling to my first Wings' game at the Joe.  It was nothing short of amazing.  If you're drinking, make sure you book it to the restroom at intermission.  Have a blast!  And we better hear LGRW chants all night.  No excuses.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#12 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

No way, I'll be in suite for tomorrow's game and was supposed to get into the locker room as well, but my hook up is busy tomorrow and bailed on me at the last minute. Looks like I'll just be stuck in that stinky old suite  :glare: enjoy the locker room tour for me!

That's cool!!! I got unlucky and have to be the stick boy tomorrow. Sigh...

#13 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

First time for me seeing them play at the Joe. They better win!
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#14 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hey Kiwi, a question. how much is hockey followed there in NZ?

#15 kiwi wingnut

kiwi wingnut

Draftee

• 12 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:42 PM

Hi Rich,  hockey is pretty popular and growing quite a lot.  They have a national competition now which is getting a decent following and some local tv coverage.  NZ team plays in the World Champ Division 3 section 2 or something like that, so a long way from the big time!  There is a pretty dedicated band of rec-league players, who follow the NHL and are pretty hardcore about it.

Edited by kiwi wingnut, 04 March 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#16 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

You're very lucky. It would cost me about $1500 to fly to Detroit to go see the Wings at the Joe :(
I'm making the 4 hour drive to Calgary next week to see them though so at least there's that...

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#17 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

I've got about a 5 hour drive to see them at the Joe.

Funny thing though, its cheaper for me to drive that 5 hours to Windsor, get a hotel room, pay for tickets and all expenses for the game (bus to and from, couple drinks and snacks) than it would be to see a game 25 minutes from my house in Toronto.

Even standing room only tickets in Toronto cost over $100 for a Wings Leafs game. Lower bowl tickets would run you about $500-1000 for a pair to a Wings game there.

Leaf fans are a dedicated bunch

#18 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

you mean Leafs fan are a retarded ass bunch

#19 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

I read that as, delusional bunch.

#20 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

I remember traveling to my first Wings' game at the Joe.  It was nothing short of amazing.  If you're drinking, make sure you book it to the restroom at intermission.  Have a blast!  And we better hear LGRW chants all night.  No excuses.

Same here. First home Wings game in March of 2001 was a blast. (Zamboni ride, 4 goals by Shanny) 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman