• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wingnut in WA

Going to the wings game tomorrow.

Rate this topic

So I'm from Spokane, Wa and as we all know, Bill Peters used to coach my hometown junior team the Spokane Chiefs.

Long story short, a season ticket holder of the chiefs that I'm friends with knows Bill Peters and hooked me up with Bill. After the game my wife and I are getting a personal tour of the locker room and might meet some players.

If all goes according to plan I will post some epic pictures In this topic tomorrow night!!

Cheers🍻

Edited by Wingnut in WA

Very cool. Have a great time!

Ironically, I'll be in from Washington too, for this Thursday's game, then will stay in town for my 18 yr old nephew's State Championship Playoffs in Mt Clemens Fri, Sat, Sun.

We'll be in the upper bowl, though, none of this awesome locker room stuff.

No way, I'll be in suite for tomorrow's game and was supposed to get into the locker room as well, but my hook up is busy tomorrow and bailed on me at the last minute. Looks like I'll just be stuck in that stinky old suite :glare: enjoy the locker room tour for me!

As a long time lurker of these forums - I might as well join in and say I'll be going too. Being a displaced New Zealander currently living in Mexico, I don't have any wicked connections that can get me a backstage pass, strangely enough...

But the dream of many many years, to see the Wings at the Joe, is finally about to come true. So I am pretty damned excited right about now!

As a long time lurker of these forums - I might as well join in and say I'll be going too. Being a displaced New Zealander currently living in Mexico, I don't have any wicked connections that can get me a backstage pass, strangely enough...

But the dream of many many years, to see the Wings at the Joe, is finally about to come true. So I am pretty damned excited right about now!

Thats an awesome post Kiwi:) have a great time and soak it all in, hope you have a blast!!!

I remember traveling to my first Wings' game at the Joe. It was nothing short of amazing. If you're drinking, make sure you book it to the restroom at intermission. Have a blast! And we better hear LGRW chants all night. No excuses.

Guest The Axe

No way, I'll be in suite for tomorrow's game and was supposed to get into the locker room as well, but my hook up is busy tomorrow and bailed on me at the last minute. Looks like I'll just be stuck in that stinky old suite :glare: enjoy the locker room tour for me!

That's cool!!! I got unlucky and have to be the stick boy tomorrow. Sigh...

Hi Rich, hockey is pretty popular and growing quite a lot. They have a national competition now which is getting a decent following and some local tv coverage. NZ team plays in the World Champ Division 3 section 2 or something like that, so a long way from the big time! There is a pretty dedicated band of rec-league players, who follow the NHL and are pretty hardcore about it.

Edited by kiwi wingnut

You're very lucky. It would cost me about $1500 to fly to Detroit to go see the Wings at the Joe :(

I'm making the 4 hour drive to Calgary next week to see them though so at least there's that...

I've got about a 5 hour drive to see them at the Joe.

Funny thing though, its cheaper for me to drive that 5 hours to Windsor, get a hotel room, pay for tickets and all expenses for the game (bus to and from, couple drinks and snacks) than it would be to see a game 25 minutes from my house in Toronto.

Even standing room only tickets in Toronto cost over $100 for a Wings Leafs game. Lower bowl tickets would run you about $500-1000 for a pair to a Wings game there.

Leaf fans are a dedicated bunch

I remember traveling to my first Wings' game at the Joe. It was nothing short of amazing. If you're drinking, make sure you book it to the restroom at intermission. Have a blast! And we better hear LGRW chants all night. No excuses.

Same here. First home Wings game in March of 2001 was a blast. (Zamboni ride, 4 goals by Shanny)

I love Mexico. I'm going to Sayulita, Nayarit, in April. Where in Mexico are you?

Hi Rich, hockey is pretty popular and growing quite a lot. They have a national competition now which is getting a decent following and some local tv coverage. NZ team plays in the World Champ Division 3 section 2 or something like that, so a long way from the big time! There is a pretty dedicated band of rec-league players, who follow the NHL and are pretty hardcore about it.

Cool. I have always thought that OZ and NZ would be the next 2 countries to develop the spot. BTW.... GO BULLS! (S14 rugby ref for those that don't know....)

So nearing time to head off to the Joe Louis Arena, to see the Red Wings. (Always wanted to say that!)

A tip for beginners & residents of Mexico (Monterrey btw T.Low), Detroit is bollock-freezing cold! And to Rich, sorry but I'm a Crusaders man myself - although tonight it's another team in Red I'll be shouting for...

So nearing time to head off to the Joe Louis Arena, to see the Red Wings. (Always wanted to say that!)

A tip for beginners & residents of Mexico (Monterrey btw T.Low), Detroit is bollock-freezing cold! And to Rich, sorry but I'm a Crusaders man myself - although tonight it's another team in Red I'll be shouting for...

BOO the Saders!!!!!!! Does Mcgraw still play for them?