• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Clarkson could be a 4.5 million guy....

Rate this topic

4.5 is still pretty steep for Clarkson considering he's only really had 1 good season and still hasn't topped 50 pts in a season.

He might be an ok replacement for Filppula should they not be able to sign him, but even Flip has the versatility to play center or wing. I'm not sure if Clarkson can play anything but the Wing.

Last year was really Clarkson's first on a top line. before he was used as a checker/goon. Now he is scoring at such a pace, there was a story a week or 2 ago about the devils telling him not to fight anymore. he is on pace for 37 goals based on a 82 game season. With a Datsyuk or Zetterberg feeding him the puck, he could get 45+ goals per season.

Last year was really Clarkson's first on a top line. before he was used as a checker/goon. Now he is scoring at such a pace, there was a story a week or 2 ago about the devils telling him not to fight anymore. he is on pace for 37 goals based on a 82 game season. With a Datsyuk or Zetterberg feeding him the puck, he could get 45+ goals per season.

But...we're trading Datsyuk for picks I thought... :rolleyes:

I feel like I've heard this somewhere before....

franzen.jpg

....I just can't quite put my finger on it... :g:

He's a really good player. He could be worth that much. That's what Fil is probably going to ask for, anyways. I'd much rather have Clarkson than a kitten like Filpulla. One produces, one doesn't. Simple as that. Preferrably, tell Filpulla he either takes less money for his failure to produce consistently, or get out. I don't really care about him anymore. Waste of time, if you ask me. Decent in his own zone, but he doesn't shoot and tries to dance in the offensive zone too much. Always turning the puck over and missing the net on the off-chance he does shoot.

And Wingsfan72..that's hilarious. The only difference being Clarkson actually goes hard to the net and plays a physical game. Oh, and actually scores on occasion.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

Guest Crymson

The "___ could score ___ goals alongside Datsyuk" line is really overused.

Anyway, the Devils won't let this guy go for anything less than a king's ransom at this stage.

I've got two friends that are die hard Devils fans that complain about him like people around here complain about Franzen. Do we need/want another punching bag?

And I agree with Flashy.. kind of playing out of his skill level lately, he hasn't proven he can do this consistently or that he's worth that kind of money. I'd like to see him play a full 82 game year and see what kind of production he can put up and maintain.

30 G's last year. That is proving he can do it. Also as I mentioned before, last year was his first in a scoring role. he produced. Now with getz resigning today, maybe 6.5 is more like it. Still very doable.

So Franzen can "do it" also yet he's the most targeted player on this team with 29 goals and 28 goals his last two seasons. Franzen comes cheaper and doesn't spend nearly as much time in the box.

If you just said 6.5 is more like a good contract for Clarkson then i'm at a loss for words and don't even know how to reply to that, moreso that you would be willing to pay that much for Clarkson.

Guest Crymson

30 G's last year. That is proving he can do it. Also as I mentioned before, last year was his first in a scoring role. he produced. Now with getz resigning today, maybe 6.5 is more like it. Still very doable.

There isn't the faintest chance of Clarkson getting that kind of money.