fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

against a good team.

lol

Fil and a Helm get back and this team is top 4 easily.

lol

#442 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Kronwall has been wonderfull lately, especially offensively

Lashoff looks really confident for a rookie

Kindl seems to be starting to live up to his potential

Ericsson has been solid defensively and is using his size more

Quincey is starting to get into the play more offensively, which helps when the forwards can't always finish

Smith hasn't been as flashy as last year, but doesn't make many mistakes and he likes to hit

That leaves white as the odd man out, sadly. He can be a shot blocking machine for a different team (preferably in the east) and get us a decent return.

Since we started playing these 6 together, we have let up a tiny amount of goals. Low GAA is the key for Stanley cup winning teams. That paired with a healthy group of forwards (knock on wood) come playoff time makes me confident about our team this year. Relax people :)

lol

lol

Aren't you a red wings fan? You don't seem to like them very much

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#443 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Offense still needs work - only one legitimate goal tonight.  We barely escaped that at the end

Wait.... I thought we won 2-1?

Edited by cupforwings, 05 March 2013 - 11:18 PM.

#444 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

I think they'll finish as a playoff team

BS. Sorry again they ain't a good team as of now. Maybe the shortened season hurts them. Tough. Still ain't a good team. At all.

#445 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Kronwall has been wonderfull lately, especially offensively

Lashoff looks really confident for a rookie

Kindl seems to be starting to live up to his potential

Ericsson has been solid defensively and is using his size more

Quincey is starting to get into the play more offensively, which helps when the forwards can't always finish

Smith hasn't been as flashy as last year, but doesn't make many mistakes and he likes to hit

That leaves white as the odd man out, sadly. He can be a shot blocking machine for a different team (preferably in the east) and get us a decent return.

Since we started playing these 6 together, we have let up a tiny amount of goals. Low GAA is the key for Stanley cup winning teams. That paired with a healthy group of forwards (knock on wood) come playoff time makes me confident about our team this year. Relax people :)

Aren't you a red wings fan? You don't seem to like them very much

Well let's be real here Colorado hasn't been a good team since the lockout after last.

#446 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Wings won the game by one goal and when you start winning those, then things are starting to come together. At the same time we have lost a lot of one goal games this year. We are on the cusp
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#447 Anijuice

Anijuice

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

Wait.... I thought we won 2-1?

Haha my bad.  I must have been watching a different game.  Yes, we did in fact score two legitimate goals tonight - I will be more careful in the future

#448 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Why did Tatar only get like, 30 seconds with Datsyuk again? Finally shake up the lines to kickstart a, let's be honest, stagnant offense only to go right back to the same old terrible second line after Tatar fails to get a hat trick in two shifts. I think the second line is pretty reliable defensively, but Datsyuk should not be centering a grind line.

Edit: I don't mean to sound like I'm whining. Definitely glad we won. Just wish the victory was uh... more convincing.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero, 06 March 2013 - 12:48 AM.

#449 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Tatar had a pretty bad game... Howard pretty much stole this game. Some huge breakdowns gave Colorado grade A scoring chances. D still needs to get better but they are learning and have been much better the last 5 games. Colorado came with a winning effort they played a great game that gets 2 points most of the time. Good win

#450 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

Tatar had a pretty bad game...

How did he have a "bad game"?  Because he finally didn't put up points?  Nonsense.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#451 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

Tatar had a pretty bad game... Howard pretty much stole this game. Some huge breakdowns gave Colorado grade A scoring chances. D still needs to get better but they are learning and have been much better the last 5 games. Colorado came with a winning effort they played a great game that gets 2 points most of the time. Good win

Im sorry, how did Tatar have a bad game?  I must have went to the fridge for that

#452 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Well let's be real here Colorado hasn't been a good team since the lockout after last.

When did I mention the aves?

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#453 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

Im sorry, how did Tatar have a bad game?  I must have went to the fridge for that

He didn't. He just wasn't one of our top 3 players in this game. Still lightyears ahead of Abby and Clears though.

#454 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

Great game boys!!!

#455 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

Tatar had a pretty bad game...

If Tatar had a bad game, please explain to me the game Cleary and Abby had.

#456 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#457 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

He had a string of poor shifts where he got burned defensively, made poor passes, and generally wasn't strong on his stick. I believe this was in the second period.

If Tatar had a bad game, please explain to me the game Cleary and Abby had.

Cleary had a terrible first period, but was okay after that. Abby played a solid game and helped setup the Wings' second goal. It is funny that the Cleary-Dats-Abby line would score one shift after Tatar was taken off the line. I do still think that Tatar should get a chance on that line, but IMO Cleary was much worse than Abby last night and Tatar didn't play as well as he had in the past few games.

#458 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

I was curious, so I took the time to check. Twenty-three games into the season, a goals-per-game scored average of 2.74, second lowest since 1999-00.

Make of it (if anything) what you will.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#459 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

I was curious, so I took the time to check. Twenty-three games into the season, a goals-per-game scored average of 2.74, second lowest since 1999-00.

Good thing our D turned things around since our terrible start.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#460 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

We had a much better team in 99-00, so I guess it can't be that bad if were scoring just as many goals