• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Next 5 games could define season.

Rate this topic

If we don't win AT LEAST 4 of these next 5, we may be able to point at this stretch as where we made it or where we broke.

Tired of this crap that this team pulls against inferior competition compared to how they play against the big boys.

Can't lose tonight. Shouldn't lose Thursday. We'd better beat that crap team from Ohio in both games this weekend.

Guest The Axe

The Wings already made me happy, so Im ok with whatever. Babcock committed to the young and big on defense. We are tough to play against again = fun to watch. Win or lose, I just want to watch a team that has a chance. 35+ers are a thing of the past. In the NHL today, youth/speed/size rule. Not has beens.

Agree with both of you. I was SUPER critical of the D early, but do like how they are coming around. If Q continues his climb, I will forgive Holland for the 1st rounder...to me Kindl is still a #7 defenseman. A very good one, but he is just that. I love Lashoff and am very impressed with they way he took advantage of his opportunity. Keep them young and fast and big and our D will thrive over the next 10 years PLUS!

Up front, still lacking....Bert and Sammy will finish the year up and hopefully be bought out. I like Miller, but we already have Eaves signed another year so Miller is expendable. Cleary.........ya. Then there is Flip. I think its time for a deal for him. We have a plethora of centers than can provide what he provides...We need scoring wingers.

I agree that we need to win these games. Each one is very winnable and there is no reason why we shouldn't win all 5 starting tonight. BUT, there is the lack of scoring problem...You have to score to win.

Edited by LeftWinger

I think you will see lots of scoring forthcoming. We have the firepower, Brunner has look great, Franzen had a few great chances the other night. We were up against some hot goaltenders in Niemi, and Crawford and got robbed a bunch of times. Tatar is really impressing me, and the bottom 6 is regaining it's composure from last year with the additions of tootoo tatar and andersson, I like our team aside from cleary, when flip comes back it should be flip-datsyuk, andersson, and helm is probably a couple weeks out too

It's amazing what's happened with the top & bottom 6 all year, injuries included. Bottom 6 can't buy a point the first half of games played but are clicking now thanks to the Tatar & Andersson call ups, Tootoo, & even Emmerton and Miller aren't looking too bad. At the same time, the top 6 who had to carry all the scoring the first part of the year look like crap now. Huh, what's the common thread between the two trends? Could it coincide with Cleary & Abby being moved up to the 2nd line maybe? Just a thought....

Either way, if Tatar & Andersson & the rest of your bottom 6 are the ones producing right now, why the hell are they barely getting on the ice most games? So much for earning your ice time. Hopefully the offense can kick it into gear either way over this next stretch.

Edited by ogreslayer

I question people who are praising our defence and criticizing our forwards. Yes, it is great to have a more physical back end. But it's come at the expense of skill in moving the puck up to the forwards. That's why it looks like the forwards are struggling.

Having said that, I'm quite pleased with how our D is developing - they're improving in leaps and bounds. They're still the root of a lot of our problems though.

Guest The Axe

nhl stats hits 2013 post="2365029" timestamp="1362508051"]

I question people who are praising our defence and criticizing our forwards. Yes, it is great to have a more physical back end. But it's come at the expense of skill in moving the puck up to the forwards. That's why it looks like the forwards are struggling.

Having said that, I'm quite pleased with how our D is developing - they're improving in leaps and bounds. They're still the root of a lot of our problems though.

I disagree. Our D has great puck moving ability and is solving the defensive responsibility part now. Cleary and Abdelkader SUCK. Thats our problem. Replace them with Perry and Nyquist. Problem solved.

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Perry

Franzen-Zetternerg-Brunner

Andersson-Helm-Tatar

Eaves-Emmerton-Tootoo

Shehan

Kronwall-Ericsson

Quincey-Kindl

Smith-Lashoff

Sproul-Ouelette

Mrazek

McCollum

Trade/Buyout all the others to get Perry here/eliminate waste. If we spend 4.5 mil on Filppula and 4 mil on Howard instead of spending that 8.5 mil on Perry, we are going to be watching a lot of 2-1 losses next year as well. That being said, I fully expect Holland to keep Bertuzzi and Samuelsson, as well as give significant raises to Cleary, Howard, and Filppula.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

this is an extremely important 6 game stretch, so i'm sure they'll go 3-3 while giving up a few third period leads in the process.

We have a bad habit of playing to the level of our competition this year. There is NO reason we shouldn't get 10 points out of the next 6 games. But I am afraid we will only get 6-8. Hel the BJ's are missing ther etop 2 Dmen and can't score.

We have a bad habit of playing to the level of our competition this year. There is NO reason we shouldn't get 10 points out of the next 6 games. But I am afraid we will only get 6-8. Hel the BJ's are missing ther etop 2 Dmen and can't score.

Was busy over the weekend and didn't have time to reflect on this. What did we end up with out iof this 6 game stretch? 7 points if I did the math correctly. Not good enough.

Guest Crymson

Was busy over the weekend and didn't have time to reflect on this. What did we end up with out iof this 6 game stretch? 7 points if I did the math correctly. Not good enough.

I've got some news for you: seven points in 12 games, which equates to 1.167 points per game, is almost precisely the pace that every team in the west save Colorado, Anaheim, and Chicago is riding.

I guess all of them aren't good enough either.

Edited by Crymson

I've got some news for you: seven points in 12 games, which equates to 1.167 points per game, is almost precisely the pace that every team in the west save Colorado, Anaheim, and Chicago is riding.

This season is weirder than I expected. There are only probably 2 teams in each conference that are consistently playing good every night and getting points as a result. If the Wings can somehow hang on to 4th until playoffs start, then they could go deep if healthy, but starting on the road is not their friend.

No it is not. we are a team that competes for Cups! not to be "like everyone else".

7 points in 12 games? I think you mean 7 out of a possible 12 points...

ya, 7 points in 6 games sounds better...that's over .500 and if that pace is kept up, we should at least keep the playoff streak alive!

(thankfully we don't have to play Columbus anymore....do we?)

I don't know about you guys, but I am sure hoping for a Det v. Van 1st round matchup!

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest Crymson

7 points in 12 games? I think you mean 7 out of a possible 12 points...

Yeah, I meant seven points in six games.

No it is not. we are a team that competes for Cups! not to be "like everyone else".

Is this a joke or is severe spoilage at play?

In all honesty, with the expectations of this team this year, making the playoffs will be a successful season. Especially considering the loss of Lidstrom and Stuart and the failure to lure an established top 3 player and top pairing defenseman... A Cup would absolutely rock and shock the world, but making the playoffs would be about the best we can realistically expect from this team...a that would be a winning season.

i agree with you keeping the playoff streak alive is what we should be gunning for right now unless this team grows alot of heart and talent gets going and we pull a LA from last season but seriously i just want this team to get into the playoffs and at least try to get it going