• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DetroitRedWings1993

Stephen Weiss gone for the year

Rate this topic

Twitter's been blowing up reporting that Weiss is done for the year. It was first reported that he wasn't on the ice at practice. Some speculated that a trade was coming. It has now been reported all over the place that Weiss is gone for the season to undergo wrist surgery.

Eklund broke it, if you can believe that. For those of you unfamiliar with him, he's another Twitter "rumor-breaker" who never really gets anything right. He just throws random crap at the wall and hopes that it sticks. HockeyInsiderr is another one like Eklund that comes to mind. He was, unfortunately, right about this.

So, what does this mean for us? Well, Weiss was really the only option I could see for the top-6 scorer we need this deadline. Pittsburgh and Boston have too much firepower in a trade for Iginla. I don't think the Ducks will deal Perry unless they were absolutely sure he's gone. Although, I had heard some scant Twitter rumors linking us to Perry. Not to be taken seriously, probably.

Rumors are going around that R.J. Umberger could be had for draft picks. Not sure if I want to sacrifice picks in this draft for him, though. Plus, he's a former Buckeye. Eww.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

Guest Crymson

Old story. Weiss has always been fragile.

Umberger is not very good anymore, and Columbus is likely to demand quite a bit from a divisional rival.