Topic title says it all. Would you trade for Brian Campbell?
- Elite #1 defenceman.
- Powerplay quaterback.
- On a non-playoff team. (last in the east)
- 1st on his team in points. (tie)
- 1st on his team in min/game. (over 25min/game)
- Signed on through 2016.
- Florida is already at next season's cap floor with 17 guys signed on.
- cap hit is $7,142,875.
- fairly one-dimensional.
- undersized for an NHL defenceman. (5'10 190lbs)
- despite leading in points he is 2nd worst on his team in plus/minus at -12.
- would cost a fair amount to trade for.
- is one of "Tallon's boys"
So would you be interested? If so, what would you give up?
Keep in mind this team is at the bottom of the standings and would have no interest in any of our UFAs. (ie. Filppula)
Also this is not a "would you prefer Yandle or Cambpell thread". Let's assume for discussion's sake that when it comes down to the deadline other top comparable defencemen are either already dealt or have a price-tag much too high.