• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Wing

Would you trade for Brian Campbell?

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Thankfully Ken Holland's modus operandi isn't overpaying players. No thanks

Uhhhhhh. Holland just doesnt overpay or compensate fairly the GOOD players. He overpays crappy old guys routinely.

Kronwall can move the puck, White can move the puck, Colo can move the puck, Quincey can move the puck, Kindl can move the puck, Smith can move the puck.

Sure Campbell can move the puck slightly better, but puckermovers are not what we need.

Sorry but this thread IMO is ridiculous. With that contract for Campbell, Holland wouldn't even look once. We might as well discuss trading Emmerton for Chara while were at it.

For that price i'd take two Bouwmeesters and that's saying a lot. I'm very familiar with Campbell, he is not worth that contract and is not what we need here. While i'm not gonna call this thread ridiculous, i'm pretty much going to reflect everything number9 said above because it's dead on.

Enough of the Holland-esque "our D is fine" garbage. A top pairing D-man needs to be signed this summer, or traded for (I don't see how this works). Campbell is not what we need, nor is Komisarek, but the team desperately needs a #1 defensive minded defenseman.

no thanks to Campbell but Drew Stafford is on the market and i think the Wings would be able to get him for a prospect and a pick i think he would be a good winger for Pavs to have but anyone is better then Cleary and Abdelkader

Ryan Whitney, Brendan Morrow, Paul Stasny and Mark Streit are also on the market according to TSN Canada

Edited by Yak19

In all honesty, I like our D how it is along side signing Dekeyeser, so I would pass on anyone right now and focus on the O. Now unless Douglass Murray comes knocking or maybe, MAYBE a Rob Scuderi, I would ink up Danny and re-sign Kindl and Huskins (for depth) and let these guys grow together. Considering where they were the first 10 games of the season, this D has grown leaps and bounds together already... (waive Colaiacovo next year too)

Kronner - Big E

Smitty - Q

Danny D - Laser

Kindl (Husky)

With the likes of Ouellet, Sproul, McKee, DeHaas and Backman getting ready to tear up GR soon, in about 5 years this D will be one of the best in the NHL...(slightly biased opinion.)

Kronwall can move the puck, White can move the puck, Colo can move the puck, Quincey can move the puck, Kindl can move the puck, Smith can move the puck.

Sure Campbell can move the puck slightly better, but puckermovers are not what we need.

Sorry but this thread IMO is ridiculous. With that contract for Campbell, Holland wouldn't even look once. We might as well discuss trading Emmerton for Chara while were at it.

Oh calm down. lol Hence the title of this thread is "Would you..." and not "What would you trade for....". Never said it was an ideal scenario. Was just curious how people valued Campbell despite his ludicrous contract.

Suppose another Filppula and a pick for Bouwmeester/Perry thread would be your preference.

$7.1m, though the 15-16 season for a one dimensional, undersized d'man... no thanks.

He will be one of the first buy outs in the offseason.

Nobody will pick up that contract for that player unless they have some floor demands, like wiping his contract with it.