• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MDCard

Datsyuk - Cleary - Abdelkader

Rate this topic

This line is frustrating...

1. Why is our all-world playmaker paired up with guys who have not really shown they are great finishers?

2. Why after 5 games or so of this line and a very anemic offensive output over that time is a change not coming?

3. Why not try Tatar on this line? Strong on the puck and strong finisher. Dats - Cleary - Tatar

4. Or how about bringing Nyquist back up and pairing him with Dats?

What is our brain trust really thinking here with this line?

datsyuk is centering the line, yet in your pairings for some reason you have him on the left wing? I agree with all of this, but it is something being talked about in every thread already pretty much. The line does not work, can't work, and won't work

Yeah this line needs to go. I know we are thin because of injuries but there are options out there.

I don't see why Z has both Franzen and Brunner on his wing. Let Franzen play with Datsyuk, and then preferably throw Tatar on that line. Franzen-Datsyuk-Tatar sounds a whole lot better than Clearly-Datsyuk-Abdelkader. I'd love Nyquist to be called up for a spot on that second line with Z and Brunner, and then when Fil comes back he slots into that spot.

I hate being one to pretend I know more than an NHL coach, but this line is just frustrating to watch and it is getting a little baffling as to why it is still together when everyone can pretty plainly see it isn't working.

My frustration is that i cannot understand is why when you go on a 5 game offensive skid and you have this obvious "trial balloon" line that is not working would you not make a change...i am wondering why would our braintrust continue with this very unproductive line.

I would be ok with Tatar-Dats-Cleary (at least) as a trial and see how it goes.

What is Babs thinking with this line?

Datsyuk needs a gun on that line. Get Eaves up with Datsyuk, Bring Abdelkader down to center Andersson and Tatar. Switch Franzen n Cleary. Trying something on the second is better than having nothing happen. Zetterburg and Brunner can compensate for the short comings of Cleary.

Nyquist is Good for Grand Rapids, From the games he has played for the Wings I find that Tatar had the quicker to adapt ability to the competitiveness of the NHL. Nyquist needs to find that lil something more that will make him successful at the NHL level. But then it could be just an expectation created from other posters on these forums, but I just don't see it during his time with the Wings.

The baffling thing is that Babcock traditionally doesn't put up with lines that look great on paper if they don't produce right away or hit a rut. In the past, he's been known to break up Datsyuk and Zetterberg by the second period of their first game back together if the team isn't lighting it up. Same thing with lines that look stacked and work well in training camp/pre-season; if they don't fly out of the gate, they are retired never to be tried again.

So why, oh why, have we endured so much of Cleary-Datsyuk-Abdelkader when its proven to be completely ineffective? Abdelkader actually has much less production on the 2nd line than he has had on the 3rd or 4th, and its rendered Datsyuk null and void.

It makes me question our whole decision making process/ability when this kind of line is out there and continues to be intact when:

1) we have scored 5 total goals in 4 games with at least two of those goals being complete flukes.

2) this line has accounted for no points. Zero. And that's a line with Pavel Datsyuk on it.

Yeah this line needs to go. I know we are thin because of injuries but there are options out there.

I don't see why Z has both Franzen and Brunner on his wing. Let Franzen play with Datsyuk, and then preferably throw Tatar on that line. Franzen-Datsyuk-Tatar sounds a whole lot better than Clearly-Datsyuk-Abdelkader. I'd love Nyquist to be called up for a spot on that second line with Z and Brunner, and then when Fil comes back he slots into that spot.

I hate being one to pretend I know more than an NHL coach, but this line is just frustrating to watch and it is getting a little baffling as to why it is still together when everyone can pretty plainly see it isn't working.

These are my thoughts as well. The line is just bad, on paper and on ice, and when you have sooo much more right at your fingertips it's frustrating.

I hate that line for so many reasons. It's a total waste of Datsyuk (and his production HAS dipped since they put the line together). I don't think it necessarily has to be Tatar with him just because might be the two best "danglers" on the team, but given that the 93-40-24 "Swedish/Zug connection" line seems to have some chemistry going on, pairing 21 with 13 seems to make sense.

I just hate it gives Cleary and Abdelkader Top 6 minutes (well, at least on even strength), especially Abdelkader. Heck, Tatar and Andersson with Datsyuk would even be a better idea than having a "Griffins line", and one that may pay dividends years down the line from the mentoring effect of playing at such a high level.

Have we transitioned into a new identity?

Beat you 1-0 or 2-1....no more puck possession and lighting up the scorboard with PP and accuracy just grinding out low scoring games relying our defense to win instead of our offense.

Tatar did play in Abs' spot, for two shifts. Then that was it. That actually makes me think there was something up with Abby over Babs giving Tatar a chance. What baffles me even more is seeing Abs on the PP.

This line is frustrating...

1. Why is our all-world playmaker paired up with guys who have not really shown they are great finishers?

2. Why after 5 games or so of this line and a very anemic offensive output over that time is a change not coming?

3. Why not try Tatar on this line? Strong on the puck and strong finisher. Dats - Cleary - Tatar

4. Or how about bringing Nyquist back up and pairing him with Dats?

What is our brain trust really thinking here with this line?

I couldn't agree more. The only thing we can hope is when Bert, Helm and a few others come back we won't have to deal with this joke of a line anymore

Until we get a few more bodies back up front, I'd like to see:

Brunner-Zetterberg-Franzen

Tatar-Datsyuk-Eaves

Miller-Andersson-Cleary

Abdelkader-Emmerton-Tootoo

Change things up a bit, and potentially give us a decent crash and bang line as well as get some faster guys with Datsyuk.

I agree with you 100% but think Babs thinks it just doesn't matter who is on Dats line he will make the better then the other teams line. Now some of that is true he does make his line mates better but give the guy a chance. Tatar would be a great choice and right now if he doesn't move up Nyquest I would choose Andersson Helm would be good when he comes back

Eaves is not bad choice either

I don't like this line either, but we are winning games. I think Babcock wants defense to win games until we get Filpula, Samuelson, and Helm back. Offensively, it isn't great, but they don't give up goals either.

We are 4-4-3 in our last 11 games. Take away the 8-goal trouncing we gave Luongo and the Nucks, and we're averaging just barely over 2 goals per game. If it wasn't for Howard coming around and heating up over the last stretch, we would be much, much worse off.

That line isn't producing, and we need it to. Period.