• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MDCard

Datsyuk - Cleary - Abdelkader

Rate this topic

We're winning, aren't we? However ugly it may be, when we're winning I don't think we should be questioning Babcock's choices too much. Plus we do have those injuries. Without Fil and (bare with me, Bertuzzi), we don't have the scorers to play high scoring games. We can win low scoring games with this line, so that's why they're using it.

We're 2-2 (luckily) in the last four games with that line contributing zero to the offense. Change it.

esteef

That line did have the second goal last night (Abby to Dats to E to Kronner). If Tatar has a better game than last night, I'd like to see him take the place of whoever is playing worse of Abby/Cleary (Cleary was worse last night) tomorrow during the game.

That line did have the second goal last night (Abby to Dats to E to Kronner). If Tatar has a better game than last night, I'd like to see him take the place of whoever is playing worse of Abby/Cleary (Cleary was worse last night) tomorrow during the game.

Oh yeah, the flukey goal from the dman that bounced off the boards and the goalie's skate and went in. How could I forget about that pure domination?

esteef

Guest Crymson

Babcock's decision to ice this line is the first decision of his that has made me angry. Every time I see the line hit the ice, the pure disgust I feel makes me want to turn the game off.

I am aware that Babcock likes this line because he feels it has defensive acumen, but it is also absolutely incapable of scoring.

Oh yeah, the flukey goal from the dman that bounced off the boards and the goalie's skate and went in. How could I forget about that pure domination?

esteef

This. It's funny how people are justifying that line like they actually scored a goal. It was just a pure lucky bounce otherwise that line would have went pointless again for the 4th straight game. If Datsyuk had 0 points in 4 games = something is seriously wrong.

Guest The Axe

Babcock's decision to ice this line is the first decision of his that has made me angry. Every time I see the line hit the ice, the pure disgust I feel makes me want to turn the game off.

I am aware that Babcock likes this line because he feels it has defensive acumen, but it is also absolutely incapable of scoring.

Youre right. They are brutal.

Crymson, Babcock has won everything there is to win.

How dare you criticize him? Name me a guy who's more accomplished and could coach this team better?

Guest Crymson

Crymson, Babcock has won everything there is to win.

How dare you criticize him? Name me a guy who's more accomplished and could coach this team better?

This appears to be you trying too hard, but you can't even do that right.

Babcock is still the best available. He's not perfect, but he's less imperfect than just about anyone else out there.

I also don't care for this line. I don't hate on Cleary and Abs like a lot of posters here (I don't love them either) but to me, it's about finish. Maybe Datsyuk does feel like Cleary and Abs create some space for him. But they both score goals by grinding, picing up trash around the net. They can't finish the way they need to in order to really make Datsyuk effective. Personally, I would rather see the following lines (a mixture of if I hadit my way and being somewhat realistic as to the potential of what Babcock could do):

Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Brunner

Franzen - Datsyuk - Eaves

Tatar - Andersson - Cleary

Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Guest DeGraa55

Imagine if Tom Brady had all crappy receivers. Thats Pavel's life. Wayne had Jari. Pavel has Dan Freaking Cleary. Its sad.

Besides welker he does have crappy wr lol. Good qbs do more with less just saying.

Edited by DeGraa55

Guest The Axe

Besides welker he does have crappy wr lol. Good qbs do more with less just saying.

Welker, Hernandez, Gronk

Babcock said there will be no lineup changes tonight. Here are the anticipated line combinations and defense pairings:

Johan Franzen-Henrik Zetterberg-Damien Brunner

Justin Abdelkader-Pavel Datsyuk-Daniel Cleary

Tomas Tatar-Joakim Andersson-Patrick Eaves

Drew Miller-Cory Emmerton-Jordin Tootoo

Niklas Kronwall-Jonathan Ericsson

Kyle Quincey-Brendan Smith

Brian Lashoff-Jakub Kindl

Jimmy Howard (starting)

Jonas Gustavsson

Babcock said there will be no lineup changes tonight. Here are the anticipated line combinations and defense pairings:

Jimmy Howard (starting)

Jonas Gustavsson

Cool. One sec..... *pukes violently* ... that's better...

Edited by b.shanafan14

Jimmy Howard (starting)

Jonas Gustavsson

Hot line tonight, keep an eye out for abby to net at least 4 goals, cleary will have 12 breakaways with that great speed of his netting 6 of them, and datsyuk scores from the megatron