• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MDCard

Datsyuk - Cleary - Abdelkader

Rate this topic

I like to think it's Babs' way of death-staring Holland.

"Make a move, Ken. I need a high-end piece."

"Getting Sammy back was our deadline acquisition. He shoots the puck, can play the point on the power play and has a veteran presence." --Ken Holland

esteef

Edited by esteef

I'm not one to criticize Holland too often, but I do have a general feeling that he just isn't trying very hard. I understand the new NHL means fewer trades, and that it's harder to attract free agents, but other teams still do these things, and they don't always overpay.

Surely SOMEONE out in the league would be a good fit with the Wings. Not a superstar obviously, but in the past Holland has successfully found mid-range players who can overperform in the right scenario, why not now? It's been years.

Remove Cleary from that line and everything will be fine. Must try that just once please ! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I feel that Abby is equally useless on that line. 9 out of 10 times when Pavs passes to either of them they fumble the pass and fall down.

Kind of hard when you make passes that no one can handle or just turn it over. Some of the passes even yesterday Datsyuk made, most skilled players would have created scoring chances but instead Cleary and Abby just pin themselves on the boards just to turn it over.

I don't understand how Babcock and Holland are letting this go, everywhere I read people are calling out Babcock for that line (facebook, twitter, blogs, media articles and even on the broadcasts). I seriously have no idea what he is thinking anymore.

On HF boards other teams are even ripping the decision to keep the line together.