• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MDCard

Datsyuk - Cleary - Abdelkader

Rate this topic

Hot line tonight, keep an eye out for abby to net at least 4 goals, cleary will have 12 breakaways with that great speed of his netting 6 of them, and datsyuk scores from the megatron

So close...empty netter for his 1st of the year. Quota has been reached. :ok:

Given the quip from Datsyuk on Abs being the "guy who pulls the piano", I wonder if they should start playing Billy Joel's "Piano Man" whenever he scores. Granted, we won't hear it often, but I think it'd be cool. Still don't like this line :glare:

Guest DeGraa55

I actually would like Abby dats and Tatar. Abby is a third line guy but no one else deserves the spot...

The Dats-Cleary-Abby line is my only complaint about the team. With Franzen back, I don't know why Babs loads up a line with Brunner-Z-Franzen, then has Cleary and Abby with our best player.

Abby should be on a line with Tootoo.

Guest Crymson

The returns of Samuelsson and Filppula will bump Cleary and Abdelkader, and none too soon.

I suspect that Cola or White will be traded or waived. Bertuzzi will almost certainly not return this year. Tatar may spend a bit of time in GR, but the removal of roster limits after the trade deadline will most likely mean a return to the big league.

I anticipate these lines:

Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner

Filppula - Datsyuk - Samuelsson

Tatar - Andersson - Eaves/Miller

Tootoo - Abdelkader - Cleary

Emmerton will likely be a healthy scratch, as will Huskins and whichever of White and Cola remain on the team. If injuries on the front end become a factor, we will see Nyquist in the lineup.

I actually would like Abby dats and Tatar. Abby is a third line guy but no one else deserves the spot...

Abby is a 4th line guy at best. Actually our guys on the 4th liners are out producing Abdelkader without playing with Datsyuk. The more Babcock has this terrible line together the more hes pushing Datsyuk back to Russia.

Jahvid Best-Datsyuk-McCollum

I dunno. I think Titus Young might be a better option on the right. Although he might line up on the left sometimes.

The returns of Samuelsson and Filppula will bump Cleary and Abdelkader, and none too soon.

I suspect that Cola or White will be traded or waived. Bertuzzi will almost certainly not return this year. Tatar may spend a bit of time in GR, but the removal of roster limits after the trade deadline will most likely mean a return to the big league.

I anticipate these lines:

Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner

Filppula - Datsyuk - Samuelsson

Tatar - Andersson - Eaves/Miller

Tootoo - Abdelkader - Cleary

Emmerton will likely be a healthy scratch, as will Huskins and whichever of White and Cola remain on the team. If injuries on the front end become a factor, we will see Nyquist in the lineup.

i always thought franzen had more chemistry with datsyuk then he does with Z. Plus when franzen was hurt and flip moved with Z and brunner that line was clicking

I have officially given up on Babcock having a sane thought in his head this year. The Wings desperately need a goal today so he puts Dats and Hank together and who does he throw on the wing.....Abdelkader. To make it worse he put this same line out for the PP soon after.

Our top 2 lines have what, 1 goal in six games? Nope, no problem there.

esteef

Bu-bu-bu-but Babs is a Jack Adams finalist in the making. We're just all to dumb to understand his genius. It takes a real visionary to squander your best offensive threat in a game you're losing 3-0 just to prove that you don't have to change things if you don't wanna...

I agree that Babcock needs to be thrown under the bus for using this line for so long when it is not working. Ultimately I still feel Holland has to take some of the blame for the team that he has put together. Fil is probably the only one that's hurt that is really a top six guy the rest are bottom six. Babcock could make better choices but this team is FULL of bottom six players and that is Kenny"s department.

I agree that Babcock needs to be thrown under the bus for using this line for so long when it is not working. Ultimately I still feel Holland has to take some of the blame for the team that he has put together. Fil is probably the only one that's hurt that is really a top six guy the rest are bottom six. Babcock could make better choices but this team is FULL of bottom six players and that is Kenny"s department.

When should Nyquist or Tatar get a chance in the top 6 if not when we have injuries?

I would think Holland thought he had enough top 6 wingers in:

Brunner, Franzen, Filppula, Tatar, Nyquist

And who can argue?

Babcock is to blame for the Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Cleary line, no one else. There is literally no worse players to put Pavel with. No way to get less out of him. Andersson, Eaves, Miller, even Tootoo would probably do better.

No, this line will be looked back upon as one of the craziest and most failed experiments in Red Wings history. A time where one of the most gifted hockey players this organization has ever seen was shut down from the inside.

I completely agree. I don't understand why Tatar is not on this line or at least Andersson. I never liked Abdelkader and I still dont understand why we signed him for 4 years at 1.5 million a piece. I can't wait to see Helm back in the lineup, as much as I get on him for not shooting the puck the guy creates a spark on the line. I just hope Abdelkader or Emmerton gets sent down.

Pav is playing down to their level now, he was a complete non-entity yesterday. Only time he ever plays like that normally is when he's injured.

Kind of hard when you make passes that no one can handle or just turn it over. Some of the passes even yesterday Datsyuk made, most skilled players would have created scoring chances but instead Cleary and Abby just pin themselves on the boards just to turn it over.

I don't understand how Babcock and Holland are letting this go, everywhere I read people are calling out Babcock for that line (facebook, twitter, blogs, media articles and even on the broadcasts). I seriously have no idea what he is thinking anymore.

Babcock is to blame for the Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Cleary line, no one else. There is literally no worse players to put Pavel with. No way to get less out of him. Andersson, Eaves, Miller, even Tootoo would probably do better.

No, this line will be looked back upon as one of the craziest and most failed experiments in Red Wings history. A time where one of the most gifted hockey players this organization has ever seen was shut down from the inside.

I like to think it's Babs' way of death-staring Holland.

"Make a move, Ken. I need a high-end piece."

When should Nyquist or Tatar get a chance in the top 6 if not when we have injuries?

I would think Holland thought he had enough top 6 wingers in:

Brunner, Franzen, Filppula, Tatar, Nyquist

And who can argue?

I agree with what your saying. Babcock is to blame for the lines. I do think that the Wings feel that Nyquist is not NHL ready. Holland has not done anything lately to help this team. White is sitting in the press box, Sammy should have never been signed, picked Mule over Hossa. It's a what have you done for me lately job and Babcock and Holland haven't done much. If this team misses the playoffs then one of them should be axed. Even good coaches get stale.