Filppula-Perry
Helm-Tatar
Andersson

Ericsson-Kronwall-Lashoff
Quincey-Smith-Dekeyser
Sproul-Kindl-Ouelette

Mrazek
McCollum

No way McCollum makes this team. He's a bust.

And no one else is worried about our defense? There is some potential there, and they are playing good right now, but they could just be hot. Remember, Lebda looked really good when he first came here, too.

I still want to eventually sign one or two top pairing guys to really stack the defense.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#23 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

With my ever growing support of Danny D coming here, I figured I would just start this thread highlighting some undrafted free agents College kids that are more than likely NHL bound this Spring...

http://www.hockeysfu...ld-be-nhl-bound

I know a lot of folks think he may not step right in the NHL here in Detroit, but if the Wings are heavily pursuing him, along with a couple of other clubs, they will need to make a spot available for him, if they want to land him...

You will notice in the article that it says the Wings have a strong interest in Andrej Sustr...

Waive Quincey and put him beside Smith where he is destined to be for the next 15 years.  Sign here _________________

No way McCollum makes this team. He's a bust.

And no one else is worried about our defense? There is some potential there, and they are playing good right now, but they could just be hot. Remember, Lebda looked really good when he first came here, too.

I still want to eventually sign one or two top pairing guys to really stack the defense.

We already have Sproul and Ouellet. McKee will hopefully be a nasty hitting shutdown guy.  Sign Dekeyser and draft Ryan Pulock. If we get Dekeyser and Pulock this offseason, i'll crap my pants.  After that, we need more guys up who can put the puck inthe net..

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#24 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Waive Quincey and put him beside Smith where he is destined to be for the next 15 years.  Sign here _________________

We already have Sproul and Ouellet. McKee will hopefully be a nasty hitting shutdown guy.  Sign Dekeyser and draft Ryan Pulock. If we get Dekeyser and Pulock this offseason, i'll crap my pants.  After that, we need more guys up who can put the puck inthe net..

I am all for this scenario for sure...unfortunately Pulock keeps moving up the ISS list.... When I first started talking about him, he was ranked around #20 he has now found his way up to #13 and doesn't seem to be stopping. Haag, who was around #17 a bit ago is now #11... I am really on the Pulock to Detroit side of the coin, but if he is gone by time we draft, I wouldn't have issue with turning to the O and drafting one of Hudson Facshing or Kerby Rychel.  Both big American born kids that will fall right into the 3-5 years process of making it to the Wings.

Of course Andrej Sustr would be a suitable and viable option along with Dekeyser...it would soften the blow of not being able to draft Pulock this year.  Sign Dekeyser, Sustr and draft Kerby Rychel and all will be grand!

Edited by LeftWinger, 12 March 2013 - 07:55 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#25 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

Don't forget that Backman has been very strong in the SEL and could find his way to detroit sooner than later. We could end up with an embarrassment of riches on D soon enough. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#26 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Don't forget that Backman has been very strong in the SEL and could find his way to detroit sooner than later. We could end up with an embarrassment of riches on D soon enough. 

Yes, yes indeed!

Krowall - Ericsson

Quincey - Smith

Kindl - Lashoff

...who are already here followed by Ouellet, Sproul, Backman, McKee, De Haas along with Fournier, Nicastro, Nedomlel, Jensen, Almqvist and Marchenko who are still young and in the system.  Add to that Dekeyser and or Sustr or both who seem to be NHL ready, our D has a bright future indeed! If somehow Holland got ahold of a legit top pairing guy to play in all situations, we would be set!

An embarrassment of riches to say the least!

www.thinkdunes.com

#27 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Tatar - Jarnkrok - Jurco

Tvrdon - Sheahan - Frk

Athanasiou - Ferraro - Pulkkinen

Quine - Andersson - Callahan

Ouellet - Sproul

Backman - Marchenko

Almquist - Mckee

Mrazek

Paterson

Should we just sell the rest of the team? I know I'm exaggerating, but seriously I've never been this excited about our prospects. The last few years the Wings have really done work at the draft. If we add Dekeyser and Sustr AND get higher picks than usual, I'm gonna start believing in this farm so much I'll have to buy a tractor and a pitchfork 

#28 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

I think both Dekeyser and Sustr will both get long looks from Detroit. With Q's injury, it becomes more important to do so.  I think of the two, Danny D is more likely to be a Red Wing than Sustr, but then again Sustr is the type of payer Holland likes and would translate in to the Eastern Conference a bit better. Signing both would be a miracle, and would also mean that White is all but gone as well as one of Colaiacovo and Kindl. Then again, Laser has been playing back down to earth recently and I think isn't exempt from being sent back to GR... Desperate times calls for desperate measures...I would like this team with both of those guys here...

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Kindl

Dekeyser - Sustr

Lashoff

That isn't a bad look on paper, definitely young and full of energy....and big.  We'd have to say goodbye to White, Cola and Huskins for sure, and then when Q came back Lashoff could go back to GR or Q/Kindl would finally be dealt...

Edited by LeftWinger, 17 March 2013 - 02:05 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

#29 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Bump.

Just saw that NHL.com had an NCAA free agent article up and that Dekeyser and Sustr topped the list. I'm glad the two guys were gunning for are at the top of the list, and I feel like we have a good shot at bringing them in. Dekeyser for obvious reasons, but I think we have a good shot at Sustr too. This is storied franchise, so we have that to attract them. Holes in our defense, so we have that to attract them. And this team seems to be going through a Czechoslovakian movement, which he is, Tatar, Jurco, Kindl, Mursak (Slovenian), Mrazek, Frk, Tvrdon, Nedomlel, Nestrasil, 

If Brunner can choose us, he could easily choose us.

#30 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Bump.

Just saw that NHL.com had an NCAA free agent article up and that Dekeyser and Sustr topped the list. I'm glad the two guys were gunning for are at the top of the list, and I feel like we have a good shot at bringing them in. Dekeyser for obvious reasons, but I think we have a good shot at Sustr too. This is storied franchise, so we have that to attract them. Holes in our defense, so we have that to attract them. And this team seems to be going through a Czechoslovakian movement, which he is, Tatar, Jurco, Kindl, Mursak (Slovenian), Mrazek, Frk, Tvrdon, Nedomlel, Nestrasil, 

If Brunner can choose us, he could easily choose us.

Look at the WCHA! Such a shame that all the conference got switched up, the new NCHC is full of power house teams. I want Sustr, Dekeyser, and LeBlanc.

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#31 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

https://twitter.com/...859801278550019

College free agent Andrej Sustr has signed a two year entry level deal with Tampa Bay.

Atleast Stevie got em!

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#32 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

https://twitter.com/...859801278550019

Atleast Stevie got em!

Didn't notice this topic. Mods can delete my post if necessary. As I mentioned there, I really hope they can scoop up DeKeyser now.