• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingsfan72

Gaborik available?

Rate this topic

Marian Gaborik might be available:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21823689/nhl-rumors-is-rangers-winger-marian-gaborik-available

Dont know how credible this site is, but I thought it was worth a discussion. Would be pretty sweet if we could get him. Would definitely include Fil,..Maybe Sammy could wave his NTC (hopeful thinking and unlikely, I just want it to happen so badly).

Edited by Wingsfan72

Shiny, new toy is shiny. ...and streaky. ...and expensive. ...and breaks easily.

If this year was next year and we are headed into the playoffs I'd say go for it.

This year, not so much.

Guest Crymson

Holland making a deal for a player who could actually play in our top-6 and not look like a complete fool?

Gaborik is streaky and often injured, and he has a habit of disappearing in the playoffs. And the idea that a trade would mean an automatic improvement is baseless.

This is all almost certainly irrelevant anyway, because it's very unlikely that he's available.

http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-13-players/marian-gaborik/marian-gaborik-trade/buzz-the-rangers-are-trying-to-trade-marian-gaborik-by-the-deadline/

Ol Brooksie is labeling Gaborik as for sure Available

Brooks says that Gaborik has provided the Rangers with a list of ten teams of which he will not accept a trade.

Is the consensus here still that this isn't really doable?

I get that he is streaky, but are we in position to say no if it makes sense?

If we somehow bring him in, it will leave us with about $12 million left to resign whomever. I dunno, I just wish Pav had a sniper.