• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/7 GDT : Oilers 0 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Was at the game tonite. I notice Abby out there with Brunner and Z after Dubnik had skated to the bench so I mention to my buddy that Babcock is trying to get Abby kick started with an empty netter.

Then sure enough, "Timeout Detroit". Babs draws up a play for Abby to get the empty net, and it works perfectly and the Joe erupts for him. Nice. Let's hope it helps.

It's been a long time since I was in town for a game. Was more exciting than I thought it was going to be. Rah.

Was at the game tonite. I notice Abby out there with Brunner and Z after Dubnik had skated to the bench so I mention to my buddy that Babcock is trying to get Abby kick started with an empty netter. Then sure enough, "Timeout Detroit". Babs draws up a play for Abby to get the empty net, and it works perfectly and the Joe erupts for him. Nice. Let's hope it helps. It's been a long time since I was in town for a game. Was more exciting than I thought it was going to be. Rah.

Babcock is smart! do you not see what hes doing

First period was tough to watch, but the game picked up in the 2nd. I was shocked Smith was the #2 star. I thought it wold be Howard, Kindl and Emmerton. Kindl was the only +2 on the Wings and Smith had a few turnovers. I thought Hank and Andersson were both oustanding.

2nd line - I now agree with those that want to put Andersson on that line. If he can handle playing D on top 6 level players, he would add more than Abby or Cleary, take your pick.

The D is coming together just fine. don't move any of them. A big, puck moving group of solid skaters, with only 1 over 30. Keep Cola as the #7 and roll with it.

This teams needs a top 6 forward and I do not believe they have one in the system. I think they will try and patch Bert together and mix and match when Fil and Sammie get back. Buy a few players out in the offseason and pick up a top 6 as teams jettison players to hit the cap.

All in all a good win. Next up the Blue Jackets.

Thought this was a great performance..

The D is really starting to gel and play well. Love the puck movement from them.

Howard, what can you say? Guy has turned it up to another level the last few games and is playing fantastic hockey.

The O, there are still questions here but I thought last night was much better. There was good cycling, good puck movement and the result was a lot of high quality scoring chances. They keep playing like that and the goals will start coming.

I think that what he just said. He was at the game and saw that babs called a timeout and let abby back in to score the empty net......... :lol:

They had back to back icings. Abby HAD to stay out there, whether Babcock wanted him to or not.