• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/7 GDT : Oilers 0 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I would disagree with them not being good enough in the corners, datsyuk is one of the hardest guys to take off the puck, Tatar is very strong on the puck as well, Anderson may be a little soft for his frame but he can still protect the puck and play a cycle game. Would love to see that line

I like Tatar on that line, but I don't see how Andersson is an improvement over Abby or Cleary on that line. That is, Tatar and Dats are best when they can handle the puck in space and they need a player who can retrive and/or tie up D in the corners. Andersson hasn't been great in that aspect (IMO he is a more all-around player).

As I said before, Tatar didn't have his best game with the puck and defenseively two nights ago. Hopefully he has a good game tonight and gets moved up to that line. For Andersson, I think the fact that he is young and 'new' is clouding judgement on his actual play, which hasn't been bad (but also not great).

Red Wings need to accumulate 6-8 points this week with three home games and weaker opponents. Rest of the month is practically on the road. Great start against Colorado, another young and fast team tonight.

I think Z has a big game. Been a little quiet offensively lately. Hopefully the defensive intensity stays intact as well. Go Wings!

I like Tatar on that line, but I don't see how Andersson is an improvement over Abby or Cleary on that line. That is, Tatar and Dats are best when they can handle the puck in space and they need a player who can retrive and/or tie up D in the corners. Andersson hasn't been great in that aspect (IMO he is a more all-around player).

As I said before, Tatar didn't have his best game with the puck and defenseively two nights ago. Hopefully he has a good game tonight and gets moved up to that line. For Andersson, I think the fact that he is young and 'new' is clouding judgement on his actual play, which hasn't been bad (but also not great).

I guess your right in a sense that Abby and cleary are better on the forecheck than Anderson is, but I feel that if dats had Tatar and Anderson they wouldn't need to dump the puck in much. And I think with that Anderson is better and smarter the. Both cleary and abdelkader. The guy can also finish as well.

Fact of the matter is that at least one of cleary or abdelkader needs to be replaced with Tatar and I would not hate the other one being replaced with Anderson.

I guess your right in a sense that Abby and cleary are better on the forecheck than Anderson is, but I feel that if dats had Tatar and Anderson they wouldn't need to dump the puck in much. And I think with that Anderson is better and smarter the. Both cleary and abdelkader. The guy can also finish as well.

Fact of the matter is that at least one of cleary or abdelkader needs to be replaced with Tatar and I would not hate the other one being replaced with Anderson.

Every line needs to dump the puck at some time, and the skilled lines do use the D pass to tip-in move often. Personally, I haven't seen much evidence that Andersson is superior to Abby offensively- I would rate them roughly equal.

I would like to see whoever of Abby and Cleary is playing worse replaced by Tatar too. However, I don't think Andersson would improve that line. Further, using Andersson and Tatar against other teams' top lines could be bad. That is, I think the line has stuck together so long because the replacement options aren't as good on D.

Every line needs to dump the puck at some time, and the skilled lines do use the D pass to tip-in move often. Personally, I haven't seen much evidence that Andersson is superior to Abby offensively- I would rate them roughly equal.

I would like to see whoever of Abby and Cleary is playing worse replaced by Tatar too. However, I don't think Andersson would improve that line. Further, using Andersson and Tatar against other teams' top lines could be bad. That is, I think the line has stuck together so long because the replacement options aren't as good on D.

Ya that's the only possible reason that I can see why babs has left this horrific line together. IMO we are really missing Val right now. He is a guy that can make plays with Pav and has the wheels and mind to keep up with him. Would love to see a Fil-Pav-Tats line based on pure skill

Am I the only one who wants to see this:

Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner

Tatar - Datsyuk - Andersson

Cleary - Abdelkader - Eaves

Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

I would mind it but I agree with ppl who are saying Andersson shouldn't slide up there. I also think Abdelkader is more effective on the wing than at centre. Personally I'd prefer to see

Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Brunner

Franzen - Datsyuk - Tatar

Cleary - Andersson - Eaves

I don't like Abs getting top 6 minutes as much as the next guy but at least he can skate and grind and I think he plays a bigger game than Franzen most nights so that would help Z/Brunner. I think Datsyuk is most effective when he has wingers who have skill and can finish around the net. Franze can provide a bit of size but he can finish on Datsyuk's wing and I think Tatar's hands would come through around the net.

I said exactly that three games ago. Tots and Anderson need a chance. Abs and Cleary aren't working.

Am I the only one who wants to see this:

Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner

Tatar - Datsyuk - Andersson

Cleary - Abdelkader - Eaves

I think Tatar and Andersson have shown far more hustle, urgency and drive than Cleary and Abdelkader and should be rewarded by Playing with Datsyuk.

I think Tatar and Andersson have a good idea what each other is up to and can play off eachother. They will be good for the third line and since Babcock shows an intrest in Abdelkader let him play the wing on the third if not center it. Give Zetterburg and Brunner Cleary and Go with Franzen Datsyuk and Eaves. I got some faith that Eaves can pull the trigger for Datsyuk and if not can dig the corner for an outlet to Franzen...

Despite his large frame, Andersson has been suprisingly weak this season in the dirty areas. Brunner, Flip, Dats, Tatar, and Z average more hits per game than Andersson. That line would be too weak in the corners and pressuring the D to be succesful.

yeah, wouldn't want to mess with that super effective second line of cleary-dats-abby :bad:

I like Tatar on that line, but I don't see how Andersson is an improvement over Abby or Cleary on that line.

Well, Andersson doesn't seem to fall down when taking a pass quite as often.

Next years forwards.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Perry

Brunner-Zetterberg-Bert

Nyquist-Helm-Tatar

Abs-Andersson-Tootoo

Bam! One big signing away from having a stacked offense top to bottom

That's assuming that Perry wants to leave Anaheim after the season they're having this year.