• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
heyfolks

Kindl

Rate this topic

The two players that seriously have impressed me this season have been Kindl and Emmerton. Hated both before the season started (or atleast didn't care for their play), and wouldn't care if we lost either of them but both seriously have improved their game. I'm not saying Emmerton is a game changer, but i'm certainly agreeing with Axe more about his assessment. He can handle his own, and within the past recent games he's been a little workhorse. I can't hate that. Kindl has been getting more and more poised with the puck. In the offensive zone you can really see it, he can handle pressure on the points on the powerplay, and can move it up if needed. I agree i've started seeing him use his body more, which is good to see because Babcock got on his ass about it.

Agree with this completely. I had pretty much given up hope for Kindl ever being able to play well at the NHL level, but he's made me a believer lately. Emmerton I never really had much of an opinion about, he was kind of just there. Now I'm seeing a lot of tenacity and effort from him that's really impressed. And that goal he scored a few games ago was a real nice shot, and well deserved that game.

Kindl has looked like a legit #5 dman with 2nd pairing potential if he keeps this pace. I feel like it was confidence all along that was inhibiting him in the past. He just needed a legit chance at staying in the lineup and getting comfortable. Many young players "play shy" when they are in and out of the lineup too afraid to make a mistake.

Kindl has looked like a legit #5 dman with 2nd pairing potential if he keeps this pace. I feel like it was confidence all along that was inhibiting him in the past. He just needed a legit chance at staying in the lineup and getting comfortable. Many young players "play shy" when they are in and out of the lineup too afraid to make a mistake.

He finally looks legit to me now too. Confidant is the word...he looks like he's stepping up to make plays and he's not afraid to. Man Im glad Kindl and Lashoff stepped up cause I cant imagine this team if the hadnt.

Kindl is currently +14 and had a +4 game a number back. So with reference to our D's puck moving skills, his are there. He's getting really good at moving the puck up ice and as a result, we're getting more offensive opportunities and the faster you enter the zone the easier it is to get deep and sustain pressure on the other teams D. Glad to see Kindl doing so well. He's also got 8 points in 22 games which works out to .36 ppg which would be 29-30 pts over an 82 game season. Decent output for a guy that's usually on the 3rd pairing. He's also been good on the PP.