• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
heyfolks

Kindl

Rate this topic

I good article on Kindl.

Against the Blackhawks last weekend, in one of the biggest games this season, he had the most hits of any Red Wings player in any game all year — six. Kindl also had three shots and no goals allowed.

He continues to look composed, of firm intent when he has the puck and forceful in his own zone.

Being stalked while in Kitchener was not a pretty time. He actually has 3 or 4 fights in the AHL. Lets's just say.. he held his own and is best to keep the mitts on, but I give him credit for not backing down.

Plus, a day in the life...

Being stalked while in Kitchener was not a pretty time. He actually has 3 or 4 fights in the AHL. Lets's just say.. he held his own and is best to keep the mitts on, but I give him credit for not backing down.

Plus, a day in the life...

Yeah I think we have all seen that vid during the lock out. You have to look at the kidz that have already passed him (smith, lashoff) The boy better stand up.....or hes done!

Kindl for the Norris!

In all seriousness he has 5 points and is +8 in 16 games. Those are solid numbers. He's been great the past 8 or so games.

It's odd how the biggest question mark has turned out to be the best asset for the team. The D is playing hard and (mostly) smart. The offense needs to catch up.

Honestly, Kindl has been great the last several games. He is making great plays at the opposition blue line on the rush, has been solid defensively, and even throwing the body around. He has also gotten better at getting pucks to the net. Hopefully he has turned a corner in his career and is gaining confidence, much like Ericsson has this season. Over the last two or three games I would put him among our top 2 or 3 guys.

Guest The Axe

Kindl is 25. Wait til he's 27. He will be great. 6'3, 220, fast, smooth, head up.

Thats what I meant!

lol!

I agree though, I have never been a huge Kindl fan, and I absolutely hated him last year, but he seems be turning it around now with more responsibility, he seems to work well under the pressure of no #5 or #23 (stuart, not lashoff lol)

I actually thought he looked good last year too. And the year before that as a matter of fact. Each guy is different and responds differently to various coaching systems. I think Kindl is a guy who doesn't do well if he's in and out of the lineup on a nightly basis. He's always had all of the tools, it was just a matter of letting him settle down and find his game. Also, I think that Babcock tends to try and make players into things they aren't all the time. In the case of Kindl, you've got a guy who excels in the transition game, but Babs was really trying hard to make him into a stay at home type of guy, which under utilizes his skating ability, shot, and puck handling skills. All of which are what got him to the NHL in addition to his size.

He looked ugly early on. Stupid penalties, seemed to always be a step behind the opposition... since then, he's seemed much more composed. Not entirely sure he'll ever be able to jump into a top 4 spot, though. I still wonder if his impressive play could translate into him being moved. Knowing Holland (not saying it's a bad thing), Kindl will be qualified and stick around for another 2-3 years.

Kindl is developing very nicely before our eyes. Same as Ericsson over the last 2 years. It seems like he has been around here forever, but he only has 120 or so career games. 1.5 seasons. Still has 2 more years before what should be his peak years. The hole D has been great for the last 10 games or so. Now that all 6 are healthy and playing in the same pairs every night. Good job by all of them and the staff for developing/drafting them.

Another good game from Kindl last night, and good to see him get rewarded for it. This guy is turning into a legit NHL defenseman at just the right time. Babcock talked at the beginning of the season about guys stepping up, but I doubt he (or most others) thought it would be this guy. At this point it would be pretty hard to remove him from the lineup, but that's just me talking.

To my surprise Kindl is actually starting to look like a legit NHL defenseman. He still has some trouble handling the puck sometimes, and is a little sloppy with his passing, but he has far surpassed my expectations in all other areas of the game. Even his slapshot has improved quite a bit. But more so I'm noticing he's become more solid defensively. At this point, I think it's safe to say Kindl has officially earned his Winged Wheel and will never see Grand Rapids again.

To my surprise Kindl is actually starting to look like a legit NHL defenseman. He still has some trouble handling the puck sometimes, and is a little sloppy with his passing, but he has far surpassed my expectations in all other areas of the game. Even his slapshot has improved quite a bit. But more so I'm noticing he's become more solid defensively. At this point, I think it's safe to say Kindl has officially earned his Winged Wheel and will never see Grand Rapids again.

I think Kindl's one of the better D men at getting his shot off quickly on the blueline and getting it through. Kronwall has become the king of firing it into shinpads.

With Kindl it's always been about consistency and willingness to get hit to make a play.

I think Kindl's one of the better D men at getting his shot off quickly on the blueline and getting it through. Kronwall has become the king of firing it into shinpads.

With Kindl it's always been about consistency and willingness to get hit to make a play.

Kindl getting his shots off quick is also why he's surprising goalies a bit and starting to bury the biscuit.

The two players that seriously have impressed me this season have been Kindl and Emmerton. Hated both before the season started (or atleast didn't care for their play), and wouldn't care if we lost either of them but both seriously have improved their game. I'm not saying Emmerton is a game changer, but i'm certainly agreeing with Axe more about his assessment. He can handle his own, and within the past recent games he's been a little workhorse. I can't hate that. Kindl has been getting more and more poised with the puck. In the offensive zone you can really see it, he can handle pressure on the points on the powerplay, and can move it up if needed. I agree i've started seeing him use his body more, which is good to see because Babcock got on his ass about it.

The two players that seriously have impressed me this season have been Kindl and Emmerton. Hated both before the season started (or atleast didn't care for their play), and wouldn't care if we lost either of them but both seriously have improved their game. I'm not saying Emmerton is a game changer, but i'm certainly agreeing with Axe more about his assessment. He can handle his own, and within the past recent games he's been a little workhorse. I can't hate that. Kindl has been getting more and more poised with the puck. In the offensive zone you can really see it, he can handle pressure on the points on the powerplay, and can move it up if needed. I agree i've started seeing him use his body more, which is good to see because Babcock got on his ass about it.

I totally agree...and I dont mind eating a bit of crow for it. I didnt see Kindl's game coming around as fast as it has because he looked so indecisive the 1st 8 games or so. He has stepped it up and is working harder. I also agree with Emdog ( Yep, I said it. The Axe has gotten to me) he has played hard, with alot of passion and grit. I have been impressed by both of them.

I too think Kindl has taken some good steps towards being close to what they envisioned when they drafted him, but I still don't think he is seen here more than a #6/#7 guy, always rotating in and out of the lineup. Someone had mentioned earlier that Smith and Lashoff have pretty passed him on the depth chart. If Holland gets a top guy it will Kindl who falls back to the press box. If that happened, I can see him and Lashoff rotating the #6 spot the rest of the season.

Good for him anyway, I too could not stand the guy and hated the fact that a #19 pick overall was used on him. But he seems to be taking advantage of this opportunity (finally) and seems to have found a niche' on this team. He better hope that a top guy doesn't become available because he will go right back to where he was....if he isn't involved in the trade. If a top guy is too expensive or does not become available I feel pretty comfortable right now going forward next season with

Kronner - Big E

Smitty - Q

Danny D - Laser/Kindl

Seems like kindl finally found some confidence. He's been one of our more impressive d men lately.. At least IMO.

I agree with you, but to me it's about comparing like with like. Kindl is a puck mover, and in that role he's really only comparable to Kronwall, Smith, White, and (maybe) Quincey. When you compare him to that group I'd say that he's out performed everyone except Kronwall. If you compare him to the stay at home guys his defense won't look good, but you could say the same for the others on that list. Depending on if we acquire another d-man, and if that d-man is a shutdown type or an offensive type, then you'd have to judge who the odd man out would be. But barring something major, I can't imagine Kindl getting bumped from the lineup anytime soon.

I have to preface this by saying that it's only his rookie year and I know Smith will get better. But given that he's not been real good lately, and given that Kindl has looks quite good lately. How many of you would be opposed to Kindl getting Smith's ice time right now. IMO Kindl has been the only defenseman other than Kronwall who has been effective defensively, while still being able to move the puck up in transition. I really like this guy's game right now.