Photo
- - - - -

Kindl

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

I too think Kindl has taken some good steps towards being close to what they envisioned when they drafted him, but I still don't think he is seen here more than a #6/#7 guy, always rotating in and out of the lineup.  Someone had mentioned earlier that Smith and Lashoff have pretty passed him on the depth chart.  If Holland gets a top guy it will Kindl who falls back to the press box.  If that happened, I can see him and Lashoff rotating the #6 spot the rest of the season.

Good for him anyway, I too could not stand the guy and hated the fact that a #19 pick overall was used on him.  But he seems to be taking advantage of this opportunity (finally) and seems to have found a niche' on this team. He better hope that a top guy doesn't become available because he will go right back to where he was....if he isn't involved in the trade. If a top guy is too expensive or does not become available I feel pretty comfortable right now going forward next season with

Kronner - Big E

Smitty - Q

Danny D - Laser/Kindl

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#22 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Seems like kindl finally found some confidence. He's been one of our more impressive d men lately.. At least IMO.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#23 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Seems like kindl finally found some confidence. He's been one of our more impressive d men lately.. At least IMO.

I agree with you, but to me it's about comparing like with like.  Kindl is a puck mover, and in that role he's really only comparable to Kronwall, Smith, White, and (maybe) Quincey.  When you compare him to that group I'd say that he's out performed everyone except Kronwall.  If you compare him to the stay at home guys his defense won't look good, but you could say the same for the others on that list.  Depending on if we acquire another d-man, and if that d-man is a shutdown type or an offensive type, then you'd have to judge who the odd man out would be.  But barring something major, I can't imagine Kindl getting bumped from the lineup anytime soon. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#24 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

I have to preface this by saying that it's only his rookie year and I know Smith will get better.  But given that he's not been real good lately, and given that Kindl has looks quite good lately.  How many of you would be opposed to Kindl getting Smith's ice time right now.  IMO Kindl has been the only defenseman other than Kronwall who has been effective defensively, while still being able to move the puck up in transition.  I really like this guy's game right now. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#25 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

I've been impressed with Kindl's play of late

IPB Image

#26 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

The two players that seriously have impressed me this season have been Kindl and Emmerton. Hated both before the season started (or atleast didn't care for their play), and wouldn't care if we lost either of them but both seriously have improved their game. I'm not saying Emmerton is a game changer, but i'm certainly agreeing with Axe more about his assessment. He can handle his own, and within the past recent games he's been a little workhorse. I can't hate that. Kindl has been getting more and more poised with the puck. In the offensive zone you can really see it, he can handle pressure on the points on the powerplay, and can move it up if needed. I agree i've started seeing him use his body more, which is good to see because Babcock got on his ass about it.

Agree with this completely. I had pretty much given up hope for Kindl ever being able to play well at the NHL level, but he's made me a believer lately. Emmerton I never really had much of an opinion about, he was kind of just there. Now I'm seeing a lot of tenacity and effort from him that's really impressed. And that goal he scored a few games ago was a real nice shot, and well deserved that game.

#27 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Kindl has looked like a legit #5 dman with 2nd pairing potential if he keeps this pace. I feel like it was confidence all along that was inhibiting him in the past. He just needed a legit chance at staying in the lineup and getting comfortable. Many young players "play shy" when they are in and out of the lineup too afraid to make a mistake. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#28 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

him a smith are gunna make a soild top 4

Posted Image

#29 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,932 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

Kindl had a strong showing yesterday. Perhaps he is feeling more confident out there now when he knows that a single mistake is no longer enough to scratch him the next game?
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#30 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

Kindl has looked like a legit #5 dman with 2nd pairing potential if he keeps this pace. I feel like it was confidence all along that was inhibiting him in the past. He just needed a legit chance at staying in the lineup and getting comfortable. Many young players "play shy" when they are in and out of the lineup too afraid to make a mistake. 

He finally looks legit to me now too. Confidant is the word...he looks like he's stepping up to make plays and he's not afraid to. Man Im glad Kindl and Lashoff stepped up cause I cant imagine this team if the hadnt.

#31 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Kindl is currently +14 and had a +4 game a number back.  So with reference to our D's puck moving skills, his are there.  He's getting really good at moving the puck up ice and as a result, we're getting more offensive opportunities and the faster you enter the zone the easier it is to get deep and sustain pressure on the other teams D.  Glad to see Kindl doing so well.  He's also got 8 points in 22 games which works out to .36 ppg which would be 29-30 pts over an 82 game season.  Decent output for a guy that's usually on the 3rd pairing.  He's also been good on the PP.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.