• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Don't really know much about him, but could be a nice young addition.  Can anyone shed some more light on his game?

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#2 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Absolutely tore apart the AHL with multiple teams.

Hasn't been able to find the same success at the NHL probably due to his size  (5'8)

I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a shot but I doubt he'd fit Babcock's style of play and he'll probably get claimed before the Wings get a shot.

#3 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Absolutely tore apart the AHL with multiple teams.

Hasn't been able to find the same success at the NHL probably due to his size  (5'8)

I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a shot but I doubt he'd fit Babcock's style of play and he'll probably get claimed before the Wings get a shot.

I see.  Might want to give him a shot if he's available when we come up.  Certainly can't be worse than Cleary or Abdelkader with Pav.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#4 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

The team hasn't got the requisite roster space, and he doesn't fill any particular niche on the team. Many players have done superbly in the AHL only to fail at the NHL level. 

#5 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

He is most definitely not worth the spot. Don't expect him ever to be more than a good AHLer that doesn't do much in the NHL. I've watched most of the Bruins games this year and he hasn't done much. They even put him out for a significant amount of PP time and he really did not produce. -6 over 20ish games and 4 points, I believe. No thanks!

Edited by DyingAlive, 08 March 2013 - 09:38 AM.

Posted Image