• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

wings arent winning the cup

Rate this topic

Thing is, the playoffs are a different ball game. We all know this. And we all know it's a ball game that has not been kind to the Wings in recent seasons. And we all know (whether we want to admit it or not) that that's mostly on our scoring, or lack thereof, not "puck luck." And so here we, having scoring problems again - but, wowzers! We're third in the Western Conference! And don't worry about our special teams! They'll just, well, they'll just start clicking! And then we'll be unstoppable!

:dozing:

Not trying to be a prick. I'm hoping for the best...and preparing for the worst.

The problem is they don't have anymore that goes to the net anymore to score goals, they play perimeter which is a no win game in the playoffs. Nothing will change until they get rid of players like Cleary, and Franzen who refuse to drive the net even though that's what their role is. So many times Cleary is on the top PP unit just to stand in front of the net, yet you always see him not in front of the net going after the puck he has no business touching after that it's an instant turnover.

Edited by darkmanx

No, this team won't win the cup. But that's not necessarily the worst thing in the world, at least they compete hard. Err wait.

Anyway - If you look at the upcoming schedule, previous results and you do the math and see that teams 2 points behind them have multiple games in hand - the Wings need to win and win now.

It's only a minor understatement to say this team doesn't pass the sight test. I don't think that's much of an over-reaction. With a lack of logical moves that can be made, I don't think this team really has that high of a ceiling this year.

Thing is, the playoffs are a different ball game. We all know this. And we all know it's a ball game that has not been kind to the Wings in recent seasons. And we all know (whether we want to admit it or not) that that's mostly on our scoring, or lack thereof, not "puck luck." And so here we, having scoring problems again - but, wowzers! We're third in the Western Conference! And don't worry about our special teams! They'll just, well, they'll just start clicking! And then we'll be unstoppable!

:dozing:

Not trying to be a prick. I'm hoping for the best...and preparing for the worst.

I'm with you on this one. If we miss the playoffs or get bounced in the first round, we have a good chance of getting Ryan Pulock in the draft. The boys are simply not scoring enough. They have stretches of games where they look like they're gonna start scoring in bunches, but we only killed Vancouver, but thank god for that cause i hate them....lots. The bad line combos and crap like that is killing what momentum we get from the production line of Tatar-Andersson-Eaves when Z and Dats come out with one or both of Cleary/Abs on their lines.

If Holland can get Ryan Pulock in the 1st round and the guy in the CHL with the most hits in the 2nd round, then i'll be happy losing 1 more season. It wouldn't hurt if he would draft the rest of the guys in rounds 3-7 all guys 6'4 or bigger at forward and groom them all as power forwards, but that's just my crazy idea.

As for us winning the cup or not, I also think make the playoffs and anything can happen. It depends on which Wings team shows up. The one who destroyed Vancouver or the one who lost the season series to the BJ's.

The odds of ANY team winning the Cup are horrible. In fact the latest odds have Chicago as the favorite at ... 5:1. That's only a 20% chance and that is the BEST odds. So to pick any team to not win the Cup is well, not to tough.

Remember LA last year?