• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

anyone else kinda happy about the injuries this year?

Rate this topic

its unfortunate it had to be forced on holland and the wings to finally let the youngsters play on the team but it was for the best having all these injuries .... particularly samuelsson im really happy to have barely seen him this year and seeing his stupid ass on the point on the powerplay always missing his shots

yes i know the wings like to let players develop but sometimes its ridiculous how long they let them down for , tatar finally got his shot and is producing as well as andersson if the wings dont make room for them when the veterans come back then im gonna really be dissapointed

Also brian lashoff wow cant believe the wings were gonna lose him i cant see him having a future with the wings if he didnt have his chance this year , seems they the kids always played 1 game or 2 and then back down this year they got enough games to get some confidence going and the kids are playing great(dont forget before tatar and andersson came down the 3rd and 4th liners got 0 pts)

all these injuries have been a blessing in disguise

I have to admit, the thought has crossed my mind, especially as of late. By no means am I glad players were injured or think we wouldn't be better with some of them back, but it has definitely been eye-opening. Tatar and Andersson are further developed than I thought coming into the season, and Lashoff in particular has been a revelation on the back end. Kindl has even started to come around as of late, showing some brilliance on the rush and settling things down on the defensive side, too. If our back-end was completely healthy all season, chances are Kindl would have seen little ice-time, continuing to go game on, game off as he has the last few years. Hell, it could even be argued that with a healthy Filppula, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, etc. all season Brunner may not have gotten prolonged opportunity or consist enough ice-time to get comfortable like he has.

Overall, getting Bertuzzi, Filppula, and Helm back at 100% improves the team, but I'm not complaining about what I've seen from the replacements or the way the team is starting to mesh (minus the CDA line that won't die).

If Lashoff had ever gotten the chance to play before, Kenny might have realized he didn't need to sign guys like Cola and/or Huskins.

The overly ripe philosophy definitely has its drawbacks. It's unfortunate it requires injuries for them to even get a shot but it's nice to see the younger guys getting a chance.

its unfortunate harold but at least they got the chance to come in and i dont really see how coliacovo can get in the lineup when hes healthy as well as white

kindl has even stepped it up bigtime all he needed was to play consistently to get his confidence going and hes looking like a real nhler now i think we got our top 6 solved for now unless we can bring in a real stud stop 4 d man

if it didnt cost too much id might consider bringing in ryan whitney and dumping ian white on someone else , hated ian white signing from day 1 and the reason he ever looked good here was cause lidstrom was his partner

If Lashoff had ever gotten the chance to play before, Kenny might have realized he didn't need to sign guys like Cola and/or Huskins.

The overly ripe philosophy definitely has its drawbacks. It's unfortunate it requires injuries for them to even get a shot but it's nice to see the younger guys getting a chance.

and if Sammy wasn't signed, Nyquist or Tatar could have started the season here. but he's injured, so it's all good in da hood. maybe this will send a message that the Wings need to play younger, more durable players and not give multi year deals to old news.

and if Sammy wasn't signed, Nyquist or Tatar could have started the season here. but he's injured, so it's all good in da hood. maybe this will send a message that the Wings need to play younger, more durable players and not give multi year deals to old news.

especially ones with No Trade Clauses.

especially ones with No Trade Clauses.

Honestly, it is bad enough the Wings have a bad case of nostalgia (and selective nostalgia, at that) with many of these dropped-off, past-their-prime, or reclaimation-project players, but have you ever seen a team hand out so many NTC/NMC?

EDIT: Maybe not, according to CapGeek, only Pavel, Sammy, Cleary, Bertuzzi, Kronwall, and Ericsson have them currently, and Cleary's may have expired already. Just seems whenever someone is playing like crap and the fanbase is looking to drum them out of town, "Wah Wah, NTC". Maybe we're getting better at it.

Edited by b.shanafan14

Honestly, it is bad enough the Wings have a bad case of nostalgia (and selective nostalgia, at that) with many of these dropped-off, past-their-prime, or reclaimation-project players, but have you ever seen a team hand out so many NTC/NMC?

EDIT: Maybe not, according to CapGeek, only Pavel, Sammy, Cleary, Bertuzzi, Kronwall, and Ericsson have them currently, and Cleary's may have expired already. Just seems whenever someone is playing like crap and the fanbase is looking to drum them out of town, "Wah Wah, NTC". Maybe we're getting better at it.

ha, please refer to the Calgary Flames

Yeah, seeing the young guys get a chance has definitely been great. Some of them have made themselves viable trade bait/replacements for Flip and Abs, if not a sure lock for a spot on next year's team.

Tatar comes to mind for a roster spot next year. He skates his butt off every shift and is strong on the puck.

Emmerton is a serviceable fourth liner. He seems to turn it over a bit, but last night versus Edmonton he put himself in great positions for scoring chances. He probably should've scored 2 goals since he had great feeds right in the slot, but you gotta give him credit for being in the right spot and sinking one of them.

Our biggest injury was signing Sammy, the 3 million dollar open roster spot!

But besides that I am very happy the Grif boys have been able to come up and show what they've got. Also, I think Kindl and Emmerton have really stepped up.

It's a bittersweet feeling because you realize that these guys never would have gotten this kind of ice time or an opportunity to play in the NHL (for the Wings) had there not been so many injures.

It makes me wonder how many players we might have missed out on or who's career might have gone a little differently if they weren't stuck in the AHL until they were 25.

Off topic: Holland's "overriping" method scares me with Dekeyser. I doubt he will want to go pro and stay in the AHL for 3+ years. I'm not saying he shouldn't earn ice time, but at least start him in the bottom pairing right?

Off topic: Holland's "overriping" method scares me with Dekeyser. I doubt he will want to go pro and stay in the AHL for 3+ years. I'm not saying he shouldn't earn ice time, but at least start him in the bottom pairing right?

If the Wings are going to stand a chance in the 'bidding' process with a guy like Dekeyser, they'll do so partially by "guaranteeing" ice-time in general or even with a particular player. Otherwise, he'll go elsewhere. There is no lack of teams willing to give him a shot in the big-leagues right out of the gate.

was just thinking IF holland does the smart thing and keep tatar and andersson rest of the year here and in the lineup we are gonna have an insane amount of forwards (he also said hed wanna bring nyquist over in time for the playoffs... if so hes gonna have to get in some games before)

id rather we trade these guys and get draft picks back and hope our scout andersson can pull off a gem or two with those picks than letting them sit here incase of injuries (we got mursak,sheahan to call up if it was really in dire need)

so who would be on the outs if tatar and andersson stay and play?????

franzen zetterberg brunner

filppula datsyuk bertuzzi(id prefer nyquist)

tatar helm andersson

cleary abdelkader tootoo

samuelsson(his signing was a big mistake),eaves,miller,emmerton and possibly nyquist are all on the outside if tatar and andersson stay

and thats if we dont make a trade ... we got 4 extra forwards if nyquist doesnt come down so id say we should only keep 2

we should trade if possible eaves and samuelsson although sammy wont likely go so id have to say miller whos a ufa and his days here are over after this season anyways

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

For me it's a mixed bag. On the one hand I'm happy to see the young guys step up and prove their worth. On the other, it's going to be even more disappointing when they get sent back down because they're on two-way contracts and our roster is going to be full.

For me it's a mixed bag. On the one hand I'm happy to see the young guys step up and prove their worth. On the other, it's going to be even more disappointing when they get sent back down because they're on two-way contracts and our roster is going to be full.

Ian White was in the press box for 6 games in favour of Lashoff. Once Flip and Helm come back we could rotate guys and give breaks, but i'd love to see Cleary and possible Abdelkader sit a few out, cause Andersson and Tatar have been 2 of our best guys and there's no way in hell Eaves should be scratched either. In fact, keep that 3rd line together the rest of the season and through playoffs and we may just make it to the 2nd round.