• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckbags

Does Pierre Lebrun actually watch Red Wing's Hockey

Rate this topic

According to Lebrun Kronwall is his pick for the Norris trophy at the mid way point. I don't think Kronner has been near as bad as people say around here and has definitely been alot better the last 10 games but Norris Trophy? Cmon Pierre.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130307/SPORTS05/130307059/detroit-red-wings-niklas-kronwall

well karlsson is out now , shea weber hasnt been the same without suter , suter hasnt been the same

i never thought of it but kronwall is a good pick , he had to replace lidstrom the best defensemen in the last 20 years and i think is leading the nhl in defensemen points right??? plays alot of minutes and redwings had to deal with injuries all year long

id have to say hes been the most valuable player for us if he was hurt instead of coliacovo our defense would of just been destroyed and wed have lost more games for sure

If he leads the league in points, I don't see why not. Isn't that why Karlsson won it last year? Granted, he was leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else though.

Currently, Letang has 21 points over Kronwall's 18, in three less games. Also a +5 compared to Nik's -3.

And since I know people are lazy, just click here: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?season=20122013&gameType=2&team=&position=D&country=&status=&viewName=summary#?navid=nav-sts-indiv

Guest Crymson

Kronwall is having a very good season. He had some initial difficulty in adjusting to the #1 role, but he has improved greatly. And as others have noted, many of the usual candidates are either injured or invisible.

Or you could go with what our counterpart forum on HFBoards has to say, and declare him the worst player on the planet. A similar thread over there was met with nearly unanimous derision of Kronwall. I can't handle that place.

Kronwall is having a very good season. He had some initial difficulty in adjusting to the #1 role, but he has improved greatly. And as others have noted, many of the usual candidates are either injured or invisible.

Or you could go with what our counterpart forum on HFBoards has to say, and declare him the worst player on the planet. A similar thread over there was met with nearly unanimous derision of Kronwall. I can't handle that place.

why it's good for a few laughs lol

More negative than LGW?? :eh:

Overall I think Lebrun is pretty good but Kronwall for the Norris??

It just goes to show how these days the sports writers hand out awards by looking at stats as much as anything else.

Right, which is why I don't listen to all the talk on the broadcasts, these guys don't have time to watch every team, but they think they need to say something to sound smart... It's like last year with the Tigers, all season opposing broadcast teams kept commenting on how weak the Tigers left side of the infield was. I saw a lot games last year and yes, Cabrera and Peralta aren't the fastest guys out there, but they made all the plays they should have and had strong throwing arms.

During his best games this season, Kronwall has been Norris caliber on both ends, creating offense and making some great plays on the back end. During his worst games this season, Kronwall has looked lost, bumbling, and even overwelmed. We are starting to see more of the former than the latter, but consistency is what separates the best from the rest.

Kronner is still adjusting to the number one slot and may very well come out on top by season's end. Consider also that Letang is on an offensive powerhouse in Pittsburgh (sitting 1st in the league at 3.54 G/G) versus Kronwall who has rotated partners all year, on a team in transition, riddled with injuries more than any other team by a long shot, and offensively is below average (sitting 18th in the league at 2.67 G/G). It should be interesting...

Kronwall for Norris in a down year for D-men is definitely far from the dumbest thing Lebrun has said about hockey.

Guest DeGraa55

Kronwall has been doing decent lately. But he isn't even the best on the team so how can he win Norris? He just excels in the more sexy stats...bone crushing hits and points. But defensively not a Norris candidate.

Guest irishock

Kronwall's doing well for what we're asking him to do. He's a #2 on a contender that is playing the #1 role.

More negative than LGW?? :eh:

Its where the most negative people from LGW go. If you remember Mindfly, he seems like a reasonable and restrained person there.

Norris? Please pass what he is smoking..... Ok, it may happen. 1. The Norris has become all about the O. if you put up points, your name will be considered. To date Kronwall has done that. 2. Many of the other projected leaders are out/having really bad years. 3. His name is Nick. Maybe some are confused...... LOL

Let's be honest, the Norris is about 90% stats and it's not as ridiculous as people make it seem. Fact is, I believe Letang should be nominated this season. Do I watch Pens hockey? No. Have I seen half of their games this year? Nope. Is it possible for anyone voting on these trophies to watch more than half of every team play every season? It's impossible.

I can sit here and give a fair assessment of Kronwall because I watch most of the Wings games and see him play. If I were to sit here and say I watch a majority of every team in the NHL play for most of their regular season games, i'd be a liar. No one can really give a fair overall assessment because unless you spend all day every day watching replays of the hockey games you missed the night before and even then you still can't manage to watch it all. You can fairly follow one or two teams, watch close to all of their games during the season and calibrate with other people voting who watch other teams.

It's just a different perspective on things, but it's tough for me to beat up on someone when we as fans sit here and make predictions for trophies at the end of the season and predict guys that we maybe saw play 4-5 games all season. How many people said Karlsson should win the Norris last season? A lot. How many watched more than half a dozen full Sens games last season? Probably not many if any.

I'm not a stats guy but when it comes to instances like this they become more necessary considering all factors. Just like i'm a non-pens fan saying Letang should be nominated, other guys that are non-wings fans are saying Kronwall should be in the running.

But I will say, it's for DEFENSIVE player of the year, not best offensive defensemen, so considering Kronwalls early lapses, unless he completely turns it around and stays defensively excellent, I don't believe he should be a nominee right now.