• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Brunner
Tootoo
Howard
Kindl
Lashoff
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#22 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

The long overdue infusion of youth and passion.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#23 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

One of my least favorite things is how so many opposing players get their "first" against Detroit. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#24 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

my favorite thing about this team is how they blow opportunity after opportunity to earn points they should get playing a bad team.

it's like they don't want to make the playoffs.

#25 Serratoni

Serratoni

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Brunner, Kindl, Tatar, and, frankly, moving on. With so many youngsters joining the lineup, this team harkens back to the Bryan Murray era. Lots of new faces with eyes on the future.

#26 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

my favorite thing about this team is how they blow opportunity after opportunity to earn points they should get playing a bad team.

it's like they don't want to make the playoffs.

Holland wants a new first rounder so he can play them five seasons in GR. 

IPB Image

#27 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

• Finally seeing mid-level prospects getting a change to be significant contributors on the Wings instead of running out and trading more picks for veterans (well, even if it took injuries to Helm, Bertuzzi, and Coliaccovo to do it)
  • Damien Brunner's shoot-first-ask-questions-later approach
  • Datsyuk arguably playing as well or better due to his insane skill and incredible intelligence, even where his age suggests his physical tools should be winding down
  • Jimmy Howard standing on his head at several points this season, and Wings fans generally unified behind the quality of his play (even with GAA and SV% numbers that prompt non-Wings fans to claim he's struggling)
  • Any Wings game where GameCenter Live doesn't excessively buffer, pixelate, or cause Comcast to throttle my ethernet connection, requiring me to have to restart my modem and router for no apparent reason.

Gamecenter works better on Xbox than regular internet streaming believe it or not.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!