• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

Ovechkin Hit?

Rate this topic

Yeah I saw it, it was a typical play where Ovi was driving the net hard and had a step on the defenseman and when Ovi slowed up to make his move on the goalie the backchecking d-man ran him into the net. It wasn't particularly dirty or anything, and the only thing that stood out to me on the play was that Ovechkin layed on the ice for a minute like a pansy trying to draw a penalty, which should come as no surprise to anyone. Otherwise it was all pretty routine. I saw Kindl do the same thing to someone a couple of weeks ago without any big to-do.

Guest Johnz96

Does anyone remember when Ovechkin used to be fun to watch? My memory is fading.

He is still fun to watch and is currently tied for the league lead in goals. For me, the only player that is more fun to watch is Datsyuk.

Guest DeGraa55

Does anyone remember when Ovechkin used to be fun to watch? My memory is fading.

He is awesome to watch. He scores hits and fights. I just don't remember him diving so much. I guess you have to in order to wear the "c" in this league. I don't know of any that don't. But the bigger names get the most attention.

Edited by DeGraa55

Guest DeGraa55

neither did Lidstrom, Toews doesn't dive, plenty of captains don't dive, a few players ruin the captaincy for every other player now?

Lids I don't believe he did. But z and yzerman both did/do. As well as guys like Crosby ovie etc etc.

I get sick of people diving but if the league allows them do to do it why would they stop? Especially when it does sometimes draw penalties.

Lids I don't believe he did. But z and yzerman both did/do. As well as guys like Crosby ovie etc etc.

I get sick of people diving but if the league allows them do to do it why would they stop? Especially when it does sometimes draw penalties.

It really is up to the league to enforce it. If they made the risk of diving, not worth the reward of drawing a penalty people wouldn't do it. People that hate divers, have to realize that the players are just trying to win, and it just so happens that the league doesn't see diving as a big problem, and ends up rewarding powerplays more often then not. The blame lies on the league.

Strongly disagree.

Yzerman especially. Diving just was rare back in the day. But even late in his career I don't remember Stevie diving. Certainly nowhere near enough to be likened to Crosby and Ovie.

I'm guessing maybe Z has a few times to try and draw a penalty. But still, we're talking about repeat offenders here. He still doesn't belong in the same group as captains like Crosby, Ovechkin, Brown, and Sedin.

That is literally offensive. Mods, ban this person!

Guest DeGraa55

Strongly disagree.

Yzerman especially. Diving just was rare back in the day. But even late in his career I don't remember Stevie diving. Certainly nowhere near enough to be likened to Crosby and Ovie.

I'm guessing maybe Z has a few times to try and draw a penalty. But still, we're talking about repeat offenders here. He still doesn't belong in the same group as captains like Crosby, Ovechkin, Brown, and Sedin.

When people get past their biased views they will become enlightened. Stevie and Crosby are VERY similar. The biggest is the nhk didn't ram Stevie down everyone's throat like they do with Crosby.

When people get past their biased views they will become enlightened. Stevie and Crosby are VERY similar. The biggest is the nhk didn't ram Stevie down everyone's throat like they do with Crosby.

The only similarity between Crosby and Yzerman is that they both wore/wear the "C" on their jersey. That's about it. Saying that Yzerman dove tells me that you didn't watch much hockey in the 80's and 90's or at least Red Wings games.

When people disregard different viewpoints with condescending comments and make assumptions about what the other person thinks, they really aren't having a discussion they're just hearing themselves talk.

I started following the Red Wings obsessively in 1984. I went to virtually every home game for several seasons (because there were plenty of empty seats) and watched every game I could on channel 50. It's not some bias because I'm a huge Yzerman fan and can't conceive of him being like Crosby. I watched a young Steve Yzerman captain the Red Wings firsthand.

They were both named young captains to give hope to struggling franchises. Both are great offensive players. Other than that, they don't have much in common. People have made previous comments about Steve yapping to the refs, which he did do more and more later in his career but certainly not early on. And just by percentages he may have done it sometime, but I have no memory of Yzerman diving, especially early in his career. As I said before, it just wasn't done back then because it wasn't tolerated at all by other players. To be anywhere near the same as Crosby in that regard, he'd have to have some doozies.

Guest DeGraa55

The only similarity between Crosby and Yzerman is that they both wore/wear the "C" on their jersey. That's about it. Saying that Yzerman dove tells me that you didn't watch much hockey in the 80's and 90's or at least Red Wings games.

Well since I was born in 90 its just games I watch on youtube. I started watching in the late 90s and with the Colorado stuff it was a great time to start.

And I may be wrong. But when I watch highlights I see him diving and whining quite a bit now it doesn't seem to be as bad as someone like Crosby. But I did see it.

It just drives me crazy when people complain about something other teams players do but we've had players do it to. Whether its dirty hits, diving, crying, bad calls/penalties(which happens a lot against us but has been in our favor....rarely).

you guys care about diving way to much. its just guys doing whatever they can to win a game and draw a penalty. watch a basketball game, they fall every time they shoot to draw a penalty. i hate that. but i dont think diving in hockey is a huge reason to not like a player.

you guys care about diving way to much. its just guys doing whatever they can to win a game and draw a penalty. watch a basketball game, they fall every time they shoot to draw a penalty. i hate that. but i dont think diving in hockey is a huge reason to not like a player.

That's one of the big reasons I don't watch basketball, and right now the NHL is headed that way. There seems to be a dive at least once a game now.

I do. It is particularly offensive to me and I lose all respect for floppers. I'm old school too and although players in the past would cheat any way they could, diving was frowned on.

Guest Johnz96

That's one of the big reasons I don't watch basketball, and right now the NHL is headed that way. There seems to be a dive at least once a game now.

It's up to the league to enforce it, otherwise it is an unfair advantage for those that take advantage of it.

Edited by Johnz96