• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/9 GDT : Red Wings 0 at Blue Jackets 3

Rate this topic

We all knew this was coming. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. But--well, you get it. Any time we find ourselves doing really well and feeling really good about ourselves and saying things like "If we can do [x] and [y], we'll be fine," you know there's a pathetic shut-out loss to the Blue Jackets hiding just around the corner.

Realignment can't come soon enough.

In all honesty, what has he done that is so great?

It's all about potential and having hunger as a GM. Holland is too complacent because of all he's already won.

And you're forgetting they got within a game of making the Finals a few years back. Struggles since then, but I think he'll turn it around.

Oh and Yzerman traded Quincey for a 1st round pick

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest irishock

Watch Babcock go right back to Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Cleary despite not scoring a single goal tonight. He's deliberately tanking right now.

Guest DeGraa55

Watch Babcock go right back to Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Cleary despite not scoring a single goal tonight. He's deliberately tanking right now.

Starting to agree! I want to swap Tatar and cleary or even see Nyquist on that line! I honestly don't mind Abby being there but it needs a guy like Tatar on the other wing.

If he were tanking, he would have pretended to change up the lines for the 3rd period of a 0-3 game, to get some scoring, but he would have put Datsyuk and Zetterberg together with some scrub, like Abdelkader, to make sure they don't score. Oh wait...

I have felt this for some time, but the words crystallized in my mind after today's game.

The Wings no longer have the personnel to play the puck possession style of hockey effectively.

Even when all the injured guys come back, they still wouldn't have the skill to outplay most teams like they used to.

20 years of late draft picks have finally caught up with us. Our prospects have skill, but not enough to overcome the size/speed deficiency.

I foresee some lean years in Detroit, before the farm system can be replenished with sufficient talent to play our style again.

Him and Abby were jawing back and forth, he pointed to the scoreboard and got 10 minutes. :lol:

esteef

That's actually pretty funny. It's hard to tell whether he was pointing out that the BJs were winning, or sincerely trying to explain to Abby that there's such a thing as a score board, and that it's good to know about and contribute to it.

Edited by kipwinger

It's all about potential and having hunger as a GM. Holland is too complacent because of all he's already won.

And you're forgetting they got within a game of making the Finals a few years back. Struggles since then, but I think he'll turn it around.

Oh and Yzerman traded Quincey for a 1st round pick

Which was largely done on a roster he inherited & a hot goalie that he got really lucky on. They missed the playoffs last year by 8 points & he's on the outside looking in again so far this season. So looks like he's gonna be 1 for 3 in playoff appearances? Sorry, I for one don't buy into the whole "Stevie is the front office messiah" thing at all. Anyway there are two internal candidates, Jim Nill & Ryan Martin, that should be ahead of him in that line for Kenny's job if he decides to hang it up in the next couple to few years.

Which was largely done on a roster he inherited & a hot goalie that he got really lucky on. They missed the playoffs last year by 8 points & he's on the outside looking in again so far this season. So looks like he's gonna be 1 for 3 in playoff appearances? Sorry, I for one don't buy into the whole "Stevie is the front office messiah" thing at all. Anyway there are two internal candidates, Jim Nill & Ryan Martin, that should be ahead of him in that line for Kenny's job if he decides to hang it up in the next couple to few years.

I'm with you lock step on this one. I have no idea why anyone thinks Yzerman should be our GM. Oh wait, yes I do.

Didn't get to watch any of this game, but one thing is still glaring....We need scoring. Sammy and Bert aren't gonna add enough to help (if they ever get healthy.) So it comes down to a trade. It the bottom line, even when we were doing so good the last few games, you cannot win enough if you only score 1-2 goals a game.

I have to say, it's pretty sad that the WIngs cannot beat this team, I don't know what it is.

ps. It sickens me everytime I see Hossa celebrating a big game winning goal or hell even a goal...he should have been a Red Wing for life....

...anyway, this team is desperate for a scorer...so desperate that it is going to be expensive to acquire, but I say we need it, do it. Nothing we have in the IR is going to turn the scoring around to where we score 3-4 goals a game instead of 1-2....

A lot of things this season are chaotic. Its like bizarro world. That's how i see it. The Wings beat themselves today, yippy the crap organization that is known as the Blue Jackets won some games against the Wings this year. Who cares move on. They will forever be our Bi***es. Tomorrow the Wings will put them in their place.

Edited by Jericho613

Just a bad game, they've been playing better lately.

The only thing I am worried about is the power play, they really need to start producing here or we are in trouble.

Hope for a much better effort tomorrow, and just forget about this one.

I agree, Nill should be given the GM position. However, we don't know that he isn't completely in tune with Holland on all these decisions. Hopefully Mr. I and/or his kids see what is happening and make the right choice. I'm tired of Kenny and his status quo approach.