• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/9 GDT : Red Wings 0 at Blue Jackets 3

Rate this topic

"When your team is winning, be ready to be tough, because winning can make you soft. On the other hand, when your team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing!" Yes we looked bad today, and our offense has been stagnant as of late. However we are still in the playoff picture.

I hate to say anything bad about Yzerman, but he hasn't really shown any brilliance as a GM.

This team...every time they are in a position to close a gap in the standings, or to make up some troy.d somewhere, they blow it.

Babcock needs to be less reliant on his line formulas. He is sticking to the shooter-playmaker-net presence formula. We don't have the players to make that combination work right now. and its why Cleary and Abdelkader are on Datsyuk's line. I miss his old line juggling days now. Just try putting the best players together and see who clicks.

I hate to say anything bad about Yzerman, but he hasn't really shown any brilliance as a GM.

This team...every time they are in a position to close a gap in the standings, or to make up some troy.d somewhere, they blow it.

Babcock needs to be less reliant on his line formulas. He is sticking to the shooter-playmaker-net presence formula. We don't have the players to make that combination work right now. and its why Cleary and Abdelkader are on Datsyuk's line. I miss his old line juggling days now. Just try putting the best players together and see who clicks.

Babcock did (finally) change the top 2 lines last game. It became Dats-Z-Abby and Brunner-Mule-Cleary.

This. Every scrub third liner is not Holmstrom.

esteef

Edited by esteef

Looks like I didn't miss much. I don't know what it is with the Jackets but to me it looks like the Wings are having a hrd trime beating them for whatever reason.

Columbus can't go against Detroit's skill players and try to play Detroit's game, so they try to compete harder and grind on them. When it works, and it has 4 games in a row now for them, they usually win. When they can't overcome the skill gap they have against other teams, they end up losing, usually pretty badly.

Yesterday was the first game in 5 for them that didn't go into OT, and they are 4-0-2 in that stretch including yesterday's game.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80